27 month update page 17

JWM

Reaction score
Re: 8 Months on Propecia+Min (Pics) Update !Feb!

I would say get back on dutasteride. That seems like it's the only thing you've changed in your regimen in the last several months.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score

shadowRX said:
21yrs.jpg

0704091919.jpg

Your no where near NW3 and your hair is still looking great imo.

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

In april I increased my finasteride dose to 5mg a day, then in may I started taking 0.5mg of dutasteride and dropped finasteride.

My right side ( which is what the original pictures are of ) seems to be alright, but my left side which stayed in the norwood 1 area for a long time seems to have taken a nose dive straight down.

Today every single hair I lightly tugged on near the hairline would come out and I would find about 20 fingers in between my fingers. Was rather depressing.

JWM

Reaction score

In april I increased my finasteride dose to 5mg a day, then in may I started taking 0.5mg of dutasteride and dropped finasteride.

Well that could be your problem right there. Why did you increase your finasteride dose and then eventually drop it for dutasteride in the first place?

IMO, your loss was never severe and perhaps using such a strong 5AR inhibitor may have been overdoing it for you.

If I recall, youre best results came at 1.25 mg finasteride every day with 0.5 mg of dutasteride once a week.

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score

thanks for the update shadow.

8+ months shed?!! that does sound pretty extreme! the temples have lost some ground, though the rest of your hair still looks thick. Have you noticed a change on your overall hair density? It looks lighter too, but that could be the lighting.

what would happen if you stopped the meds? would the shedding get worse? to me the only difference is the hairline temples. you can always go with fue if they dont recover.

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

Geez the entire top now is going crazy.

If I lightly tug anywhere on the top, I pull 5-10 hairs out.

All of them get thinner as the reach the bulb which scares me.

Ahh I don't know what to expect, but I guess i'll just ride it out to the 6month mark..

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Our hair continues to be almost identical man. I have about the same recession as you. You'll benefit from a shorter haircut as longer hair gets hard to pull off with NW2+ temples.

What do you think triggered the shed, BTW?

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

I wish I knew.

It's either a shed caused by Dutasteride switch, which would be good in the long run.

Or its one of my treatments losing its effectiveness (probably the minoxidil).

JWM

Reaction score

MY guess is that it was getting off the dutasteride. Doubt it is a minoxidil shed. Get back on dutasteride.

JWM

Reaction score

Whoops, my bad. Misunderstood his post.

Okay then...DROP dutasteride and get BACK ON finasteride :)

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

This feeling is terrible. I literally checked my crown like 2 weeks ago and it was perfectly okay.

How come someone who has been on DHT inhibitors for a year straight develop a patch in the crown :/

Last edited:

JWM

Reaction score

Shadow

What is your EXACT regimen as of right now?

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

for 2 months its been .5mg dutasteride and before that for about another 2 months it was dutasteride eod and then all propecia before that.

SuperMeh

Established Member
Reaction score

My advice would be to keep on a stable regime.

If something has a big enough effect on your system to cause an effluvium, this can take many months, usually around 3 to actually occur, I'd decide what you're gonna use and try to stick with it longer term before thinking of adding or taking away anything.

Hope things improve for you soon.. take care :)

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

SuperMeh said:
My advice would be to keep on a stable regime.

If something has a big enough effect on your system to cause an effluvium, this can take many months, usually around 3 to actually occur, I'd decide what you're gonna use and try to stick with it longer term before thinking of adding or taking away anything.

Hope things improve for you soon.. take care :)

So many horror stories about dutasteride, where is timi.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score

Shadow, to an unsuspecting observer your crown isn't even thinning. The quality of hair around there is still great. Don't fret.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Hey dude, just wanted to point out how absurdly similar our hair is.

You:
0704091919.jpg

Me:
hairline.jpg

The angle is different but I think our recession is about the same.

I honestly think there was nothing you could do for the temples. I think we are genetically programmed to end up a NW2 early and then probably hold there for a while. It happens to a lot of people, and we might just have mature hairlines. I went from a NW1.5ish to a NW2 in about the same time frame as you, and right temple went downhill in the course of a year, pretty much right before my eyes. So I know what its like.

Also, your crown looks perfect. I don't see any thinning really. I think your hair will probably stabilize for quite some time.

JWM

Reaction score

What the HELL are you guys doing on here? Go out and live life. You have PERFECT heads of hair--especially you, Thickand Thin.

:dunno:

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score

JWM said:
What the HELL are you guys doing on here? Go out and live life. You have PERFECT heads of hair--especially you, Thickand Thin.

:dunno:
:agree:

Sheesh guys - leave your insecurities at home and leave the forum to people who actually have hair loss