27 month update page 17

curiouscharles

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 8 Months on Propecia+Min (Pics) Update !Feb!

i think shadow's story has been a textbook example of consistency is everything...

if you go back and follow his story - everything was good while he was consistent, and as soon as he started playing with meds the hormone flux hit and his hair didn't know how to handle it...

have you been on a consistent regiment for more than 6 months again? as soon as you have been give us another update shadow...

your hair was going super strong until you started effing around.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I don't think that's necessarily true. He was heading toward NW2 no matter what. I think the min gave him a slight boost of regrowth which was lost after a short period of time.

I think it's really hard if not impossible to prevent becoming a NW2 (which is pretty much the extent of his loss) if you are genetically destined to be there at a young age.

curiouscharles

Established Member
Reaction score

I would tend to agree with you, but there are too many examples of people beating and/or preventing a NW2 through the use of a consistent regimen.

But indeed, like yourself ThickandThin, there are those of us out there who are destined to be an NW2 and can do nothing about it :/

(still crossing fingers for myself, just over NW1-1.5 and have been on propecia and rogaine and nizoral for 6 months with no further loss... had a sudden shed recently, hairline moved back ever so slightly, hoping it'll pop in stronger)

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

Meh.

The biggest thing I don't understand is how itchy my scalp has been almost right when this shed started. The entire frontal area is always just so itchy. I even cut back on my nizoral usage to once a week but it is still so itchy. I'm thinking about dropping minoxidil since this is probably the cause. Just wanted to chime in and get ideas from you guys.

My diet is okay.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Reaction score

Have you had trouble with acne?

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

I haven't had acne in months. Dutasteride seems to eliminate all of my acne. Finasteride got rid of about half of it.

BTW I'm only doing Dutasteride 2x a week now and I am going to stick with this for 6 months.

tgates209

Established Member
Reaction score

looks to me like you had decent hair to begin with. I'm trying to see the difference but it's minimal to my eyes because you were fine to begin with. Only you know though since you see it everyday. If it's working, good deal!

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

Just about back to baseline.

Last edited:

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

shadowRX said:
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/bgilb/blah.jpg

Just about back to baseline.

no way bro you still cant see your "hairloss freckle" :)

Attachments

• start.png
    start.png
    485.6 KB · Views: 328
  • month5.png
    month5.png
    536.7 KB · Views: 331
  • blah.jpg
    blah.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 2,378

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah I guess it isn't that bad. I'm always astounded when I look at the baseline and realize it was that bad.

I am pretty sure I developed a allergy to PPG in minoxdil. After thinking it was Nizoral drying up the scalp, I stopped using it, but the itching got even worse. I guess I'll bring Nizoral back in the mix, and might order some PPG-free minoxidil down the line..

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score

i don't think youre at baseline. your hair is still nice and thick. sit back and enjoy having very minimal hairloss.

u ever thought about tryin out the foam since it doesnt have ppg?

JWM

Reaction score

Shadow,

Dr. Lee has a PPG-free minoxidil, although I've read it's greasy. His regular minoxidil DOES have PPG but in lower amounts than regular rogaine. It dries fast with minimal irritation.

As for Nizoral, try buying some emu oil and adding a few drops into your hand then mix it around with the Nizoral before lathering. You may find this helps with irritation AND act as a nice conditioner.

JWM

Reaction score

Are you still back to using Dutas twice a week? If so, I would say stick with that dose. Many people seem to be reporting success with that dose when it comes to dutasteride (for what reason I have no idea)

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah I'm on dutasteride 2x a week. I'm going to stick on this for at least a year+ ( That's how long my supplies will last ). I didn't feel like ordering more finasteride.

mark467s

Reaction score

Good result within 5 months.Its nice to see how nicely your hair is coming nicely.Good job .Keep it up.

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

1 year and 4 months roughly.

(This picture makes me seem like NW1 lol)

Last edited:

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score

you receding bit from from without regime now looking good with regime but anyway i have to say that your are not facing aggressive male pattern baldness......

finally looking good cheerssss...........................

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

(Roughly) 1 year and 5 months

I started sometime around June/July last year.

My itchiness is under control!

After dropping Nizoral, which resulted in a shed, and didn't help my itch that much, I jumped on it again recently. I use the 1% roughly 3 times a week. I've also stopped using Minoxidil every single night, I skip one application a week. This week has been a good week, because when I run my fingers through my frontal area, no hairs come out. So lets hope for regrowth.

I haven't changed anything else in my regimen, still taking Dutasteride 2x a week.

I have to thank curiouscharles for convincing me to stick with whatever regimen I was on and stop fiddling with different meds.

The picture is a little deceiving due to it being my camera phone and the lighting conditions.

Last edited: