27 month update page 17

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 1 year 5 month update

hair looks excellent.

what is your current regimen that you have stuck out with? i know you changed some stuff

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

Dutasteride since May.
Minoxidil 5% 6/7 times a week
Nizoral 5% 3/7 times a week

Also, at the beginning of September I switched to only taking Dutasteride .5mg on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I f*****g hate you.

Haha, I thought our hair was the same but you have at least twice the amount of hair that I do.

I still have full coverage but it isn't anywhere near as thick as yours. My temples have gotten worse too.

JWM

Reaction score

Nice work! What brands of Dutasteride and Minoxidil are you using, and how much minoxidil do you apply per application?

Congrats again!

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

Cipla brand Dutasteride and Kirkland Brand minoxidil.

About 0.75ml per application. Only once a day.

JWM

Reaction score

I assume you're using Duprost then from United Pharmacies?

Well done on your success.

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

I saw some pictures from 2007 recently. My god, I was bald. NW3 Easily. I'm going to have to post them later, I didn't realize how bad it was.

curiouscharles

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 8 Months on Propecia+Min (Pics) Update !Feb!

Looking good buddy - looking real good.

I'm waiting until Feb. 11th 2010 (my 1 year mark on my big 3 regiment) to see how I look - and if I don't get results like yours I'm going to switch to dutasteride.

Glad you stayed strong and kept it regular - I knew it would pan out!

shadowRX said:
(Roughly) 1 year and 5 months

I started sometime around June/July last year.

My itchiness is under control!

After dropping Nizoral, which resulted in a shed, and didn't help my itch that much, I jumped on it again recently. I use the 1% roughly 3 times a week. I've also stopped using Minoxidil every single night, I skip one application a week. This week has been a good week, because when I run my fingers through my frontal area, no hairs come out. So lets hope for regrowth.

I haven't changed anything else in my regimen, still taking Dutasteride 2x a week.

I have to thank curiouscharles for convincing me to stick with whatever regimen I was on and stop fiddling with different meds.

The picture is a little deceiving due to it being my camera phone and the lighting conditions.

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

No dutasteride side effects at all. Even when I was taking it everyday I didn't notice anything.

Heres the pictures!
The first the are from July 2007.

The last one is a photo I took in May of this year when my hair was at about its best.

Last edited:

JWM

Reaction score

Wow!

So dutasteride Tues and Fri and minoxidil once a night has been your homereun eh?

Nice.

JWM

Reaction score

Looking back, you stated you STARTED dutasteride in May, yet that was when your hair looked its best; I assume when you were using finasteride. Why did you switch if your hair was doing so well in May?

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

You look like you even had thinning on top as well. Compare the density of the front and top to the sides. Big difference.

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

In May I was taking 0.5mg dutasteride everyday. But since about 4 months ago I just take 2x a week ( Tuesday and Friday ).

Yeah to me in those pics it looks like the whole top is diffusing.

JWM

Reaction score

In May I was taking 0.5mg dutasteride everyday. But since about 4 months ago I just take 2x a week ( Tuesday and Friday ).

And did you notice any drop off in results? Is your hair still as good as it was in May when you were using dutasteride every day as opposed to twice a week?

Bombarie

Banned
Reaction score

Your hair looks good m8!
Almost 2 times more then that you had in the past.
Doesnt your hair get messy cause of the minoxidil?
Cause you have long hair

Lux

Reaction score

u take dutasteride and have no sides at all? how is that possible? libido is same? no dry eyes?
how many times u want to have a girl in a week? how many time u wanted a girl before u started taking dutasteride?

bezerra

Established Member
Reaction score

Lux said:
u take dutasteride and have no sides at all? how is that possible? libido is same? no dry eyes?
how many times u want to have a girl in a week? how many time u wanted a girl before u started taking dutasteride?
Man, that decreased libido is the most fake thing ever created. If you take a look at scientific books, you'll see that Testosterone is the main hormone for libido. Taking dutasteride or finasteride will only increase Testo, so you'll even have a better libido.

People read things like your post and think that decrease of libido is a serious side effect, almost no one really get it from finasteride, but by reading postings like: "finasteride decreased my libido, get away from it!!"

Lux

Reaction score

ok. what about erection? u really think it' gonna be the same inspite of blocking 95% of DHT?