27 month update page 17

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 6 Months on Propecia+Min (Pics) Update Dec

I want to add something to my regimen, but I don't really know what :\ I've tried Flutamide and spironolactone. Should I give topical Flutamide a shot again?

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score

No offence but with the current hair you have I think you are WAY overreacting on your current regime.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I agree with Jake, your hair wasn't even that bad to start with, and you've had great results.

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

7 Months, no new regrowth, but plenty of maintenance.

My weaker side has always been the right side, my left side could probably pass as a Norwood 1 with creative styling. For some reason these pictures make it look like I have more hair than what I see.

What Norwood would you guys rate me?

2.5 years ago when I first noticed it:

Last edited:

JWM

Reaction score
Re: 7 Months on Propecia+Min (Pics) Update Dec

I think your hair looks great. If I met you I wouldn't think you had a hair loss problem at all.

Questions:

Are you using Rogaine Foam or Liquid?

And did I read your regimen button right? You're using dutasteride twice a week as well as 1.25 mg of finasteride a day?

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

Liquid and Yeah that Dutasteride 2x a week is correct.

neis

Established Member
Reaction score

Your hair look great man. You have to be proud, if you manage to maintain them ....

ShadowRX,
I wanted to ask you something:

As JWM said, you are using finasteride 5 times a week and dutasteride 2 times a week. Why aren't you using finasteride 7 times a week? Have you heard that using dutasteride 2 times a week and finasteride 5 times a week will give you better results or will be more effective than using only finasteride 7 times a week?

Tnx,
Chris

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score

Did you begin on both minoxidil and finasteride, or you started with finasteride first and when did you add minoxidil to the regime ?

neis

Established Member
Reaction score

Tnx man for your reply...

Have you thought to use dutasteride 0,5mg more than 2 times a week(I mean for example 3 times a week dutasteride and 4 times a week finasteride)? Have you seen any thinning at the sides, as Timi had?

Thanks again,
Chris

JWM

Reaction score

Can you say the addition of dutasteride has been beneficial? Also, how do you space the dosings out? Do you do like a two days on finasteride, one day on dutasteride, two days on finasteride?

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

I haven't noticed much difference from the Dutasteride at all, I might drop it once I run out.

I take finasteride on Sunday Tuesday Wednesday Friday Saturday,
and dutasteride on Monday and Thursday.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

Hey man, it looks really good, keep it up!

I was just wondering whether you are using generic or real meds? I'm in almost the exact same situation as you, same age and very similar hair loss. I started generic finasteride about 3 months ago and since then I've noticed nothing but more and more hair around the place, I am hoping it is just a shed, but I've gone from not noticeable to impossible to hide since I started taking the stuff. It has me a bit worried
I might have to chuck in minoxidil soon, but you seem to think it isn't doing a lot yeah?

Sucks to be 20 and worrying about hair loss! :thumbdown2:

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

I was the same way at the 3 months mark. It went from not noticeable to becoming very hard to hide. But at the 4+ month mark is when things started to kick in.

I'm taking Generics right now (Finast and Dutas, though I might drop the Dutas for cost reasons)

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Shadow, do you have any pics of your hairline straight on (either now or from the beginning of treatment?)

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

18 years old ( 2 years prior to treatment )

20 years old ( Roughly, just starting treatment )

21 years old ( Today )

My left side is stronger right above the temples and my right side is stronger in front and above the temples

Last edited:

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score

Hi shadow, can you post your updated regeim again? what is a topical Flutamide? apologies, I'm new to all this.

do you just drop the minoxidil on the receeding areas only? and do you massage it into the scalp or just drop it on?

thanks

HH

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score

8~ Months in, Just after putting minoxidil in:

Last edited:

jr27

Reaction score
Re: 8 Months on Propecia+Min (Pics) Update !Feb!

Hey Shadow, I'm your age aswell and was contemplating propecia. The only thing stopping me from ordering right now are the side effects I hear about. Is everything still functioning normal below the waist line if you catch my drift?

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Re: 8 Months on Propecia+Min (Pics) Update !Feb!

hey shadow look hair looks great '

could you post your current regiment?
:bravo: