24M, significant diffuse thinning and receding hairline - is this salvageable?

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bottom line is I tried many times to rock longer hair but I must accept you look like f*****g sh*t until you have a NW1 hairline lol. Crown and midscalp is not even important... as long as scalp is not visible
Which clinic is this? Are you considering getting a procedure done?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah I have booked with them. It is Dr Juan Couto (FUEXPERT), he's regarded as the best in the world but has 3+ year waiting time so yeah.. still 1.5 years left, need to keep improving with drugs meanwhile lmao

he posts cases in his youtube channel often: https://www.youtube.com/c/FUEXPERTCLINIC. It is mindblowing what change a good hairline does... in the end it is just an illusion of fake density but it works

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah I have booked with them. It is Dr Juan Couto (FUEXPERT), he's regarded as the best in the world but has 3+ year waiting time so yeah.. still 1.5 years left, need to keep improving with drugs meanwhile lmao

he posts cases in his youtube channel often: https://www.youtube.com/c/FUEXPERTCLINIC
Are you from Spain? Or you just chose this guy because he’s internationally recognised?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you from Spain? Or you just chose this guy because he’s internationally recognised?
im from Spain but I dont live in Spain lol, just chose him because he's the best at generating illusion of density with least follicles, but there are other good docs too in Europe. USA is just crazy over expensive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would your consider this guy partially diffused up front?The reason i am asking is because diffuse thinners are considered bad candidates for hair transplant.
I would say there is definitely some diffusion

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would possibly try topical dutasteride or topical bicalutamide as a next step btw. They have long half lifes and don’t need applied every day either.

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally haven’t used topical dutasteride, as I didn’t respond well to oral, but it works for some people. @sonictemples uses topical duta
do you think my hair loss restarting is a result of me stopping topical min and using oral as a replacement? seems like the only logical theory to me, my scalp got used to having that intense hit of topical min twice a day then it dropped down to a lower amount globally within the blood and didn't like it. i think i'll go back to topical min 2x a day, with 2.5mg oral min in the evening

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@RagnarLothbrok @Mr. Slap Head thoughts on changing finasteride to dutasteride? what did the clinic suggest you take, Ragnar?
I have very aggresive balding, so they agreed with me hopping on dutasteride+OM asap before transplant to stabilize as much as possible. It is way more potent in reducing systemic DHT so think about pros and cons. Personally I had 0 sides with finasteride and same with dutasteride (lucky).

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you think my hair loss restarting is a result of me stopping topical min and using oral as a replacement? seems like the only logical theory to me, my scalp got used to having that intense hit of topical min twice a day then it dropped down to a lower amount globally within the blood and didn't like it. i think i'll go back to topical min 2x a day, with 2.5mg oral min in the evening
It is possible... that's why I never dropped topical minoxidil while taking 2.5mg Oral just in case. I make sure to do it 2 days after needling and at least 5-6 days per week, at least you don't need to be as strict as before but who knows... maybe a good % of your regrowth was from needling and all studies use topical minoxidil for results while needling monotherapy gives almost 0 results.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
doing the standard 0.5mg/day

I heard staying on finasteride 5x/week + dutasteride 2x/week has very good tolerance in case you are sensitive to 5AR thats another possibility to do something "in between"

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
doing the standard 0.5mg/day

I heard staying on finasteride 5x/week + dutasteride 2x/week has very good tolerance in case you are sensitive to 5AR thats another possibility to do something "in between"
been on 1mg daily finasteride for the last maybe 5-6 months without any major problems. have you noticed much regrowth from OM and dutasteride?

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s possible that you possess high levels of the enzyme that converts minoxidil to its active form in your scalp, thus making oral less efficient for you, maybe. Yes, if it ain’t broke don’t break it.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
been on 1mg daily finasteride for the last maybe 5-6 months without any major problems. have you noticed much regrowth from OM and dutasteride?
Im 3.5 months in still but yeah, my hair is definetely improving already. My surgeon claims dutasteride is much more effective than finasteride for the midscalp/crown. I don't see any scientific evidence about that claim but he had like >1000 patients already and is saying it based on experience and seeing many cases.