22 & Losing My Hair, What Type Of Hair Loss Is It?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking at his situation, male pattern baldness does not seem likely. All signs point to thyroid or some sort of nutritional deficiency.
He better get his bloodwork done quick because that hair is going fast.

Iamzizou

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there no hope left for me? Iam 23 and iam very much suicidal.
IMG_20180222_145259.jpg
IMG_20180209_180915.jpg
IMG_20180223_094111.jpg
IMG_20180223_094459.jpg
IMG_20180215_081311.jpg
IMG_20180209_114207.jpg
IMG_20180209_120539.jpg
IMG_20180209_120902.jpg
IMG_20180223_094454.jpg
IMG_20180223_094111.jpg
IMG_20180215_081311.jpg
IMG_20180223_094459.jpg

Romi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started to notice my hair loss at around age 13, kept it long most of my teen years. Then as time went on I began to notice my scalp more often. I recently buzzed it because i want to start to accept the fact that im bald, and it definitely has gotten worse. I have been using “argon artnaturals oil shampoo hair loss treatment” for about a month. It’s been getting longer and it only looks worse. My hair is so thin that In the sunlight it’s practically invisible. I made this mainly to know what type of hair loss it is? Can I go to my daily doctor to get a better diagnostic? Should I just accept it and shave it completely?View attachment 78581 View attachment 78580 View attachment 78584 View attachment 78587 View attachment 78588 View attachment 78592 View attachment 78582 View attachment 78583

The earlier you catch hair loss the better I suffered from thinning hair and hair loss I have been having a laser hair regrowth therapy for the last 3 months and I cannot begin too tell you how amazed I am with my results so far!!! I feel awesome and my confidence is now bouncing back still got a couple of months treatment left so cant wait for the end results.....Ive recommended this treatment to my friends and family theyve all started to see great results too

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
The earlier you catch hair loss the better I suffered from thinning hair and hair loss I have been having a laser hair regrowth therapy for the last 3 months and I cannot begin too tell you how amazed I am with my results so far!!! I feel awesome and my confidence is now bouncing back still got a couple of months treatment left so cant wait for the end results.....Ive recommended this treatment to my friends and family theyve all started to see great results too
New member pushing bogus treatments on desperate people. You sound like a laser therapy rep.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you noticed any thinning of other body hair like your eyebrows? Do you have any other symptoms like dry, itchy scalp? Is your scalp oilier than usual? Have you recently stopped or started any medication?

Iamzizou

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you noticed any thinning of other body hair like your eyebrows? Do you have any other symptoms like dry, itchy scalp? Is your scalp oilier than usual? Have you recently stopped or started any medication?
No nothing as such. I used to take minoxidil 10% for a couple of months and dutasteride. Started again since january.my d3 levels are really low.i actually stress a lot.my right side of scalp seems to be thinner than the left and and texture of hair is also feeling different. Is my condition too advanced? Do I have hope left for me?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
No nothing as such. I used to take minoxidil 10% for a couple of months and dutasteride. Started again since january.my d3 levels are really low.i actually stress a lot.my right side of scalp seems to be thinner than the left and and texture of hair is also feeling different. Is my condition too advanced? Do I have hope left for me?
Have you had a full bleed test? Iron, sex hormones, thyroid, zinc, b12, vitamin D - everything?

How long have you been using minoxidil and duta? You need to give these things time to work, and they often can take months and months. I think you really need to work out what is causing your haieloss

Iamzizou

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you had a full bleed test? Iron, sex hormones, thyroid, zinc, b12, vitamin D - everything?

How long have you been using minoxidil and duta? You need to give these things time to work, and they often can take months and months. I think you really need to work out what is causing your haieloss
My hairloss has worsened after the meds.iam low on vitamin d3.others are fine I had a full blood test

Iamzizou

My Regimen
Reaction score

I have been under data for 5 months.and minoxidil. on and off 5 months.Iam depressed and suicidal. The part near my right ear is thinking out pretty fast.i have been depressed

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairloss has worsened after the meds.iam low on vitamin d3.others are fine I had a full blood test
These meds can cause significant shedding in the first few months of treatment. Did you get a diagnosis of Androgenetic Alopecia?

Iamzizou

My Regimen
Reaction score
These meds can cause significant shedding in the first few months of treatment. Did you get a diagnosis of Androgenetic Alopecia?
I went to a hair surgeon and a dermatologist. They've said it's diffuse androgenic alopecia. They say meds will work but the surgeon had told me to get the area around my ear transplanted with a few grafts.But I've read about retrograde alopecia and DUPA on the internet and I have been depressed reading about them.

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That doesn't look like typical male pattern baldness to me. Something else is going on IMO. Lack of vitamin D is associated with hairloss AFAIK

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is my case too advanced? Iam depressed and suicidal.
Hell no. Nobody amongst the general populace would suspect you to be balding. I suggest you to visit a competent trichologist and check your hair for miniaturization. Things are not at all bad for you,trust me. Btw,are you from india?

Iamzizou

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hell no. Nobody amongst the general populace would suspect you to be balding. I suggest you to visit a competent trichologist and check your hair for miniaturization. Things are not at all bad for you,trust me. Btw,are you from india?
Yes,Iam from India.Thank you for your kind words.iam just 23,i feel ugly all the time because of my hairloss.

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes,Iam from India.Thank you for your kind words.iam just 23,i feel ugly all the time because of my hairloss.
most of us over here suffer from body dysmorphic issues in various strengths. You're not alone in this battle,the entire community is with you.

Iamzizou

My Regimen
Reaction score
most of us over here suffer from body dysmorphic issues in various strengths. You're not alone in this battle,the entire community is with you.
Thank you so much.i have suicidal feelings everyday.and I cry to sleep everynight.its glad to know that my baldness isn't very advanced.thank you and thanks to the community.i hope everyone wins their battles with their demons.

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
As others have said, get a blood test to check your thyroid and for iron deficiencies.

If you want to be 100% sure, get a small biopsy done. Androgenetic Alopecia tissues exhibit unmistakable histological properties, hence being easy to recognize under a microscope.