22 & Losing My Hair, What Type Of Hair Loss Is It?

Devan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started to notice my hair loss at around age 13, kept it long most of my teen years. Then as time went on I began to notice my scalp more often. I recently buzzed it because i want to start to accept the fact that im bald, and it definitely has gotten worse. I have been using “argon artnaturals oil shampoo hair loss treatment” for about a month. It’s been getting longer and it only looks worse. My hair is so thin that In the sunlight it’s practically invisible. I made this mainly to know what type of hair loss it is? Can I go to my daily doctor to get a better diagnostic? Should I just accept it and shave it completely?
FD195C5E-4838-4B9E-ACA5-8BD4E2521BB8.jpeg
C1565C4E-C2E9-445E-946B-55CEAEBD54B7.jpeg
B71E5613-6FEE-44EB-A9D9-15F7135BFF72.jpeg
1A4A5C68-7227-484D-95B2-F5F7CC90545D.jpeg
A1CDC6D5-7141-413B-89BE-28CB21CDA9F7.jpeg
91228ED0-822C-426F-A58D-5186FDB97AD6.jpeg
F8DC983F-FD6E-4582-B102-E665059BC595.jpeg
919C04C8-BB56-4AFC-ABF6-5E44AA4D779A.jpeg

Attachments

• 9DFC8E83-18F8-4F02-BBFB-A8687AA514F7.jpeg
    9DFC8E83-18F8-4F02-BBFB-A8687AA514F7.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 342
  • 4E115B24-04D9-4E6B-BD84-99076DCA68C0.jpeg
    4E115B24-04D9-4E6B-BD84-99076DCA68C0.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 345
  • 581BFD90-5669-4AF1-B166-8A83D8AB14C3.jpeg
    581BFD90-5669-4AF1-B166-8A83D8AB14C3.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 352
  • 85BDA797-5682-4420-B48C-EFA882DC21E3.jpeg
    85BDA797-5682-4420-B48C-EFA882DC21E3.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 303

Xyz23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just telling you if your hair is important for you: do something now!

i did the mistake i denied my hairloss when everything started with 17. i regret i didnt do anything at all. As long as you can save your own hair do something mate

Devan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was stressing out about my hair years ago, not so much now. But if I can still fight for it then why not give it a shot. What would you recommend?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was stressing out about my hair years ago, not so much now. But if I can still fight for it then why not give it a shot. What would you recommend?
finasteride is one of the most effective and convenient ways of fighting baldness. Cheap if you go the generic route too.

Devan

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride is one of the most effective and convenient ways of fighting baldness. Cheap if you go the generic route too.

Are there any side effects? I don’t really find it being worth it to save my hair if I have to take medication that might mess my health up even more. Kind of why I haven’t really put much of a fight.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Get your thyroid checked if you haven't. Your pattern is diffuse and similar to mine and I have thyroid issues.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Did you get your Thyroid problems resolved? If so did it help with your hair loss?
I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. There is no cure for it. My body is slowing killing my thyroid. My thyroid levels can fluctuate in the normal range and I still may have problems. I have never had my TSH levels abnormal even before I started synthroid. I tend to improve if I use a growth stimulant like minoxidil.

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Are there any side effects? I don’t really find it being worth it to save my hair if I have to take medication that might mess my health up even more. Kind of why I haven’t really put much of a fight.

The risk of side effects are low (approx. 2% in controlled studies), however if you did receive sides, you could simply stop taking the medication - therefore there isn't much of a downside in giving it a go!

If you were going to start taking it, best to do it asap. As mentioned, do have your thyroid checked also.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The risk of side effects are low (approx. 2% in controlled studies), however if you did receive sides, you could simply stop taking the medication - therefore there isn't much of a downside in giving it a go!

If you were going to start taking it, best to do it asap. As mentioned, do have your thyroid checked also.
I don't believe that it's only 2% because most people at least experience some ball ache, or loss of chest hair/facial hair (who cares about that though), it's probably at least 20%.

However people who dose lower than the standard 1mg daily get less side effects, so give 0.2-0.25mg a try and it'll be nearly the same because finasteride has a flat dose response, only at 0.05mg does it start to show a large difference of lowering serum DHTvs scalp DHT (62% scalp DHT lowered at only 0.05mg).

edit: to OP that type of hairloss doesn't look like male pattern baldness. male pattern baldness typically recedes on the temples and then the crown, you have hairloss all over the middle but none in the front, which is not typical of male pattern baldness. finasteride can still help you out but I highly suggest you see a dermatologist first.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is NOT male patterned baldness indeed

check doctor

Devan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. There is no cure for it. My body is slowing killing my thyroid. My thyroid levels can fluctuate in the normal range and I still may have problems. I have never had my TSH levels abnormal even before I started synthroid. I tend to improve if I use a growth stimulant like minoxidil.

Wow that sucks. I’ll definetely get my thyroid checked ASAP. Probably some blood test too because I don’t really take vitamins and I’m sure I don’t eat enough food with the vitamins I would need. Good look to you bud.

Devan

My Regimen
Reaction score

Got it. Thanks.

Devan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't believe that it's only 2% because most people at least experience some ball ache, or loss of chest hair/facial hair (who cares about that though), it's probably at least 20%.

However people who dose lower than the standard 1mg daily get less side effects, so give 0.2-0.25mg a try and it'll be nearly the same because finasteride has a flat dose response, only at 0.05mg does it start to show a large difference of lowering serum DHTvs scalp DHT (62% scalp DHT lowered at only 0.05mg).

edit: to OP that type of hairloss doesn't look like male pattern baldness. male pattern baldness typically recedes on the temples and then the crown, you have hairloss all over the middle but none in the front, which is not typical of male pattern baldness. finasteride can still help you out but I highly suggest you see a dermatologist first.

I definitely will. I went when I first started noticing lack of hair, but since it was still in it’s early stages my doctor just told me I was going bald and should take rogain. Should I go to my doctor and then get sent to the derm or should I just go straight to the derm.

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is NOT male patterned baldness indeed

check doctor
How is it not male pattern baldness? It's diffuse loss all in the crown. My hair loss started in the same exact way and I have no thyroid issues or any sort of deficiencies.

YoungandHairy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not male pattern baldness because he also has diffuse loss on the side his head, the area which is not affected by androgens and his hairline is still intact.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not male pattern baldness because he also has diffuse loss on the side his head, the area which is not affected by androgens and his hairline is still intact.
Its definitely male pattern baldness with a good chance of Retrograde Alopecia. I got that sh*t too but to a lesser degree than him. Makes you a bad transplant candidate but that's fine since I don't plan on getting one.

YoungandHairy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its definitely male pattern baldness with a good chance of Retrograde Alopecia. I got that sh*t too but to a lesser degree than him. Makes you a bad transplant candidate but that's fine since I don't plan on getting one.
Looking at his situation, male pattern baldness does not seem likely. All signs point to thyroid or some sort of nutritional deficiency.