22. Am I Balding? If So What Norwood Level?

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So a shitty study has been debunked by me... i have given you evidence of peoples sides..

Now if finasteride is so great ... SHOW ME YOUR RESULTS.

Exactly there is none. Not a single one of the finasteride users posting in this topic will put up pics

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So a shitty study has been debunked by me... i have given you evidence of peoples sides..

Now if finasteride is so great ... SHOW ME YOUR RESULTS.

Exactly here is none. Nit a single one of the finasteride users posting in this topic will put up pics

I am one and a half months in so not possible sry :)

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am one and a half months in so not possible sry :)

Exactly dude so how can you even come charging in here on the white horse named propecia claiming the cure. Takes about 3-6 months to a year to loose your balls

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fortunately I'm taking generic finasteride, so my balls won't fall off.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yo I would jump on finasteride asap. You have some recession kicking in and I would say you are at a NW1.5 now. Honestly your hair loss may not progress for 10 years as many people stop at the hairline you have, but you never know. You could wait til it progresses before jumping on something but it may be too late. I had that hairline for like 1.5 years, and didn't really think anything of it because hair loss doesn't really run in my family, but then out of nowhere my hair loss kicked in hydro-gear and I started losing massive amounts of hair. I jumped on finasteride soon after at 21 years old, but it still hasn't stopped my hair loss after 2.5 years of usage (used minoxidil the whole time as well). It probably is slowing down my loss, but didn't manage to grow back my hair, let alone keep what I had when I started. I always wonder if I had just started it 1 year earlier if it would have been more effective.

The stuff rarely causes side effects, and people way over-exaggerated the sides on these forums. Honestly I can't tell any difference in my body since starting finasteride. I had my hormone levels tested before starting finasteride and around 6 months ago and my testosterone has gone up since I started. Dick working just fine. Still get morning wood. Lifts have gone up significantly. Muscle mass is up.

If I were you I would book an appointment with a dermatologist, and see what they think. If they say you are starting to lose hair, I'd jump on finasteride. Minoxidil, I would wait a while, as the stuff is a pain in the ***, and doesn't work for most so usually is a big waste of money. Also this way you can assess whether the finasteride is working. And if finasteride does cause any sides, which is unlikely, then just quit. The half life of the drug is like 4-5 hours for young men. Will clear out of your system within a few days.

Also nizoral is sh*t.

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yo I would jump on finasteride asap. You have some recession kicking in and I would say you are at a NW1.5 now. Honestly your hair loss may not progress for 10 years as many people stop at the hairline you have, but you never know. You could wait til it progresses before jumping on something but it may be too late. I had that hairline for like 1.5 years, and didn't really think anything of it because hair loss doesn't really run in my family, but then out of nowhere my hair loss kicked in hydro-gear and I started losing massive amounts of hair. I jumped on finasteride soon after at 21 years old, but it still hasn't stopped my hair loss after 2.5 years of usage (used minoxidil the whole time as well). It probably is slowing down my loss, but didn't manage to grow back my hair, let alone keep what I had when I started. I always wonder if I had just started it 1 year earlier if it would have been more effective.

The stuff rarely causes side effects, and people way over-exaggerated the sides on these forums. Honestly I can't tell any difference in my body since starting finasteride. I had my hormone levels tested before starting finasteride and around 6 months ago and my testosterone has gone up since I started. Dick working just fine. Still get morning wood. Lifts have gone up significantly. Muscle mass is up.

If I were you I would book an appointment with a dermatologist, and see what they think. If they say you are starting to lose hair, I'd jump on finasteride. Minoxidil, I would wait a while, as the stuff is a pain in the ***, and doesn't work for most so usually is a big waste of money. Also this way you can assess whether the finasteride is working. And if finasteride does cause any sides, which is unlikely, then just quit. The half life of the drug is like 4-5 hours for young men. Will clear out of your system within a few days.

Also nizoral is sh*t.

cage_laugh.gif

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

Seriously though, in a perfect world I get the whole "see a dermatologist" thing, but there are many who don't even know what minoxidil is. The average derm or doctor is a moron when it comes to hairloss. He's losing hair and it's damn obvious, clear Norwood 2. The dude should go to a GP, get a finasteride prescription and get on it right this minute.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously though, in a perfect world I get the whole "see a dermatologist" thing, but there are many who don't even know what minoxidil is. The average derm or doctor is a moron when it comes to hairloss. He's losing hair and it's damn obvious, clear Norwood 2. The dude should go to a GP, get a finasteride prescription and get on it right this minute.
What? Where do you live that a dermatologist doesn't know what minoxidil is? All you have to do is find a dermatologist specializing in hair loss. There are tons of them, and this is literally their job, so I hope to god they know what minoxidil is. Average doctor is not the average dermatologist. Your GP is the one that may not know what finasteride is, not your dermatologist.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
What? Where do you live that a dermatologist doesn't know what minoxidil is? All you have to do is find a dermatologist specializing in hair loss. There are tons of them, and this is literally their job, so I hope to god they know what minoxidil is. Average doctor is not the average dermatologist. Your GP is the one that may not know what finasteride is, not your dermatologist.

If you can't see that he has male pattern baldness you have to be blind or retarded. There is nothing special that a derm is going to tell him that this forum couldn't. Is the derm going to wave a magic wand and grow his hair back? Get real dude, going to a derm is a waste of time and money when it comes to hairloss.

Keto shampoo
Finasteride
Minoxidil

What else is a derm going to tell him? I can tell you, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can't see that he has male pattern baldness you have to be blind or retarded. There is nothing special that a derm is going to tell him that this forum couldn't. Is the derm going to wave a magic wand and grow his hair back? Get real dude, going to a derm is a waste of time and money when it comes to hairloss.

Keto shampoo
Finasteride
Minoxidil

What else is a derm going to tell him? I can tell you, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Pictures can be deceiving. Also can see if he still has any miniaturized hairs to see if he is currently losing hair. Some people stop losing hair after slight recession. Also my derm is barely more expensive than the GP so don't see why I wouldn't choose the one that can actually answer my questions instead of constantly saying, "oh its natural to lose your hair as you get older." Literally all my GP said when I first went in to him. Dermatologist is much more knowledgeable and experienced regarding hair loss than a GP.

Redxlx

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it continues to go further I'll hop on something. But right now at a 1.5-2 on the Norwood scale I'm perfectly content lol. I'll continue nizoral with the big 3 shampoo and my routine vitamins and fish oils. Will update thread every couple of months to continually monitor this mofo. As it stands right now my head is pretty much buzzed on the sides. If I grew it back out a little it wouldn't even be noticeable imo. Can't seem to see any miniaturized hairs. So perhaps this may just be my "Mature" hairline.

Update: There is NO baldness in my family. Besides my one uncle I have. My grand parents, both sides and both parents still have hair. My dad is a NW3. And he was a strong NW2 until 40's. He's currently 58.

Redxlx

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are you overthinking? You do realize you are receding? Either treat it or let it go. Nizoral is not a stand alone treatment. Finasteride is the first line of treatment and then add minoxidil if you gains are not happening. How much do you really care about your hair?

Update. Almost a year later. Because of this comment. With Finasteride alone, I regrew everything I lost. I'm not kidding. I used Nizoral once a week also, for almost a year. And I also got no side effects from the finasteride. Thank you. This comment alone made me take the jump. You saved my hair. You are a saint.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Update. Almost a year later. Because of this comment. With Finasteride alone, I regrew everything I lost. I'm not kidding. I used Nizoral once a week also, for almost a year. And I also got no side effects from the finasteride. Thank you. This comment alone made me take the jump. You saved my hair. You are a saint.
@Redxlx , I am glad you listened to me and it made a difference in your life and your hair. PM photos of your current hair. I really am happy for you.