20 year old whO regrEW!! WITH PICS!!-Now I am 21.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hawaii male,
thanks for asking. i am feeling better after 4000 grafts strip surgery with Dr. Arvind poswal. you can read my hair transplant story in the surgical alternative section. I am hoping my head will look better in few months.
I will be happy with a NW2 or 2.5 look (with long grown hairs). I might need a second visit to the hair transplant doctor.

btw, how are you doing? I wish the regimen function works, it is difficult to remember all the posters regimen.

Ramboner

Reaction score
Every night I stay up wondering... not how the universe came to be, not why God inflicted baldness upon us but HOW THE HELL DO U APPLY minoxidil WHEN YOU HAVE A FROW? But to get serious, you are quite an inspiration to me and probably many others. A tribute to one crazy mofo: DABLACKMAN. WE'RE NOT WORTHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Sincerely,

RAMBONER

Laidback_0404

Reaction score
DaBlackman...

I have been on this site for about 2 weeks and kept wondering if I would hear a review from a blackman. I am black as well and I am going to try the same items as you and all the other success stories from various nationalites. Congrats to you and everyone else with success...
Thanks again for yours and other stories being posted...

LaidBack

dablackman

Reaction score
1 year update

What up fellas. Hope all are keeping up the fight against the male pattern hairloss monster. Just a quick 1 year update for you since I haven't been here for a minute. I have been on rogaine, propecia, nizarol, t-gel, and msm(off and on) pretty consistantly. In july of 06 i buzzed my hair because my fro was very nappy and unpresentable with the internship I had. BIG MISTAKE. Basically I went back to baseline. It took about 4 months of praying and strict regimen to get that hair back. I uploaded some pics of that experience. So warning for the ignorant.. DO NOT CUT ANY REGROWTH YOU RECIEVE!!!!!!! Thanks again guys for all your support and encouragement. Also I took the pics in heavy light and flash to get a better look. Holla if you have any questions. Oh yeah thanks ALOT Falceros for talking some sense into me :)

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Why should buzzing or cutting any of your regrown hair make you go back to looking like sh!t?

Something is wrong there....

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey dablackman, im a bit confused with those photos, what does your hair look like now? Is it back to the fro? Coz that looks good!

dablackman

Reaction score
Chino20-I put dates on most of the photos. As of today my hair is the low wavy ceasar on the pics. I would kill to be able to tell myself to not cut my afro. It looks like I dont think my DHT affected hair will continue to grow back into that fro.
So- It is not that difficult to understand. Rogaine is only able to regrow your hair within 6-8 months, for some of course. I started taking Rogaine and Propecia in Sept 05. For 10 months my hair was grown out thanks to the benefits of Ro and Pro. After that 10 month time period you really aren't going to experience that much continued regrowth like when you first started treatment. So when I buzzed my hair, alot of the thick hair that created a much denser look was cut extremely low, thus showing my hairloss pattern. I was just fortunate that Ro and Pro did give me some more regrowth after 10 months. The point i am trying to make is dont do like me and cut your regrowth hair that is affected my dht because after a certain about of time of treatment use, you are not gauranteed continued regrowth and believe me buzzing definitely shows your hairloss pattern.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Ah that sucks man. Maybe you just went through a shed? Well I hope you get more regrowth!

Laidback_0404

Reaction score
DaBlackman...

First off thanks for showing the pics...I wanted to ask what a Buzz cut was? Is that just a cut thats really really low?

I just started the Pro and Ro treatment about 2 weeks ago so you say stay patient, lets see what I look like in 5 or 6 months...

Holla back!

dablackman

Reaction score
Laidback_0404,
basically a buzz cut are those extremely low cut military guys usually rock. It is a great hairstyle for those who have all their hair. Some guys who hair loss is just a receding hairline can get away with this haircut style. but those like me who have diffuse thinning in the front through the middle cant get away so good. But, definitely give yourself a good 6 full months of both treatments and let the thinning areas continue to grow. I thinkU will be happy within about 4 1/2 months with the regrowth!!!

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
Falceros said:
Hey dablackman,

I remember your post from another forum where you were considering an hair transplant...looks like you took my (among others) advice to try the medication! I'm so glad it worked for you!!!! I bet you're glad you didn't go the hair transplant route too quickly ;)

Falc

How was the hair transplant worked out for you?

dablackman

Reaction score
Its been a minute!

Whats up DHT budds. It has been a while since i have sat down and visited this website, b/c visible im not suffering from this male pattern hairloss now. My afro is still growing. However i added folligen into my regimen back in late Febuary and since then i have been shedding good hair but not to the point of being noticed. Has anyone shedded alot from using Folligen and over time it stops and thickens hair up?? I'll polly post some recent pics of my hair as well. Remember, hang in there guys and also remember we pay more attention to our situation than anyone else. Thanks!!!

Laidback_0404

Reaction score
What up DaBlack...

Good to know your hair is where you want it. Now thats done, are you off the Rogaine now and just using the Propecia??

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey

thanks for coming back to let us know that everythings still going well : )

happy for you!

dablackman

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It feels good to visit this site even tho it brings back bad memories. Laidback_0404, i am still on rogaine foam (once every other day) and propecia. Its just this folligen spray is shedding my hair like crazy. I really would like to know if anyone experienced good benefits from this product and did their shedding from it eventually stop?????

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
dablackman said:
Thanks guys. It feels good to visit this site even tho it brings back bad memories. Laidback_0404, i am still on rogaine foam (once every other day) and propecia. Its just this folligen spray is shedding my hair like crazy. I really would like to know if anyone experienced good benefits from this product and did their shedding from it eventually stop?????

Dablackman!

Glad to see you drop by for a visit! :)

I've seen a few people mention good results with Folligen, but you'd have to do a quick search on the entire forum though. And I'm sure something will come up. As far as shedding goes, I'm experiencing my first shed right now too! In Feb/March, my hair regrowth was going decently, and I didn't have to get too low of a ceasar to hide the hair loss/thinning on the temples. But for the past week or two I noticed hairs on my desk, and then when I went to get a hair cut a week ago, I noticed my temples were worse than the last time I got a cut.

But that's okay for now, I'll try to ride this out. I'm not sure if it's the Rogaine Foam that's kicken in the shed, after 3 months of use. Or if it's the 5% spironolactone that I'm using. Either way, I'll see what happens in the next couple of months.

dablackman

Reaction score
My bro! whats good RadioRaheem,
it would have been good if u could have only used rogaine foam and propecia and just waited on the spironolactone. with my research im not sure if spironolactone helps or harms our situation. but i guess i'll just do a search on folligen and see what comes up as valuable info. keep up the MPH fight bro!!!

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
dablackman said:
My bro! whats good RadioRaheem,
it would have been good if u could have only used rogaine foam and propecia and just waited on the spironolactone. with my research im not sure if spironolactone helps or harms our situation. but i guess i'll just do a search on folligen and see what comes up as valuable info. keep up the MPH fight bro!!!

Yeah, I wanted to try out topical spironolactone first, before trying Propecia. I noticed I went from a NW2 to basically a Norwood 1.5 or 1.25. But with the shedding, it's like I'm heading back to the NW2. spironolactone is supposed to be a good drug for our situation. And I'll probably look up on Folligen myself as well, because I don't know anything about it

But how come you want to add Folligen now? You are doing very well on your current regimen, so why are you trying to OD?

dablackman

Reaction score
Yo Radio, i got on Folligen b/c last summer i really damaged my scalp by applying couvre and toppik for weeks and not washing it out every day. Even when my hair started growing back i would always feel irritation on my scalp soo i figured folligen would get my scalp back healthy. But since early Feb its just been shedding it but my scalp actually does feel much better.