20 year old whO regrEW!! WITH PICS!!-Now I am 21.

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
Congratulations man, your hair are damn fine!!!

You should had a short beard to this look.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
His hairloss did not look like male pattern baldness, it was sort of patchy.

dablackman

Reaction score
WHAT UP THIN/BALD BROTHERS!! Man, i cant remember the last time i visited this site. i guess thats what happens when everything is goin great! Well i should do a quick update.
I have had alot of ups and downs treating my hairloss. To sum everything that has happened up...ok here goes. I started loosing my hair around 19yrs old (i was just a young somphmore in college). So i started propecia and rogaine in sept 06. 4 months later i had an afro. Then i cut my fro, thinking my hair would still look full at a lower level and i ended up with "scatter hair". Then my hair didnt grow until Rogaine foam came out!!! So round early 07 my hair was growning into another afro. Stupidly, i added Folligen into my treatment and my hair went to the birds. WARNING... from my experience DO NOT USE FOLLIGEN. It WILL take ur hair out. So about 5 months after properly using folligen about 80% of my regrown hair fail out. It was only until i stopped usin folligen completely and eventually stopped using Rogaine foam for about 1.5 month, i started back using THE FOAM round Sept. 07. It took about 3 months and my hair started regrowing back AGAIN. Soo that brings us to April of 2008. Yes i do have my afro BACK and not planning on loosin it again. I will definitely post pics for u guys. I will probably get twist so u can see the fullness and growth!! Keep up the fight guys!!!

dablackman

Reaction score
Oh yea, by the way i am now 22yrs old, graduated from College and about to get married!!! YEA!!

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dablackman said:
Oh yea, by the way i am now 22yrs old, graduated from College and about to get married!!! YEA!!

That's great, but IMO you should do something to fight the DHT, for the long term. Regardless, congratulations!

suicidedude

Established Member
Reaction score
dablackman said:
WHAT UP THIN/BALD BROTHERS!! Man, i cant remember the last time i visited this site. i guess thats what happens when everything is goin great! Well i should do a quick update.
I have had alot of ups and downs treating my hairloss. To sum everything that has happened up...ok here goes. I started loosing my hair around 19yrs old (i was just a young somphmore in college). So i started propecia and rogaine in sept 06. 4 months later i had an afro. Then i cut my fro, thinking my hair would still look full at a lower level and i ended up with "scatter hair". Then my hair didnt grow until Rogaine foam came out!!! So round early 07 my hair was growning into another afro. Stupidly, i added Folligen into my treatment and my hair went to the birds. WARNING... from my experience DO NOT USE FOLLIGEN. It WILL take ur hair out. So about 5 months after properly using folligen about 80% of my regrown hair fail out. It was only until i stopped usin folligen completely and eventually stopped using Rogaine foam for about 1.5 month, i started back using THE FOAM round Sept. 07. It took about 3 months and my hair started regrowing back AGAIN. Soo that brings us to April of 2008. Yes i do have my afro BACK and not planning on loosin it again. I will definitely post pics for u guys. I will probably get twist so u can see the fullness and growth!! Keep up the fight guys!!!

i thought folligen is supposed to thicken the hair? does it work for everyone else?

dablackman

Reaction score
Suicidedude....i hope u havent tried suicide like i did....i guess folligen doesn't work for everyone. actually when i was doin research right before i started using folligen, i really couldn't find anyone saying folligen def made their hair grow or had pics to prove it. its use is based on theory and not clinical trials, i was stupid and desperate when i used it. Also to clarify, i have been using propecia off and on and t-gel (great stuff) since i started treatment!

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
My man...you're black. Bald head suits you just perfect!!!
buzz2.jpg

You look waaaaay better then in this pics:
3.jpg

dablackman

Reaction score
Thanks Follically Challenged! Hiya Dario! I didn't realize that my hair looked soo bad on that pic u posted with my warped sided fro. Now i realize folligen was tearin all my hard work regrowth up. I decided to post a pic i took of myself about a week ago. I haven't had a chance to twist my hair so this is my hair out. Any questions or request will be answered. Keep hope alive guys :)

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score
still going strong man!

i also got similar results to you, glad to see that it's still working~

dablackman

Reaction score
Thanks ps1freak. i am glad u have had similiar success. i have posted two more pics of me. i had my hair twist then. its crazy i have over 40k views so that means it may take a while for me to answer all u guys private messages. i am workin hard to so keep sending them out and i'll do my best with my knowledge. Remember, keep hope alive :punk:

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
dablackman said:
Thanks Follically Challenged! Hiya Dario! I didn't realize that my hair looked soo bad on that pic u posted with my warped sided fro. Now i realize folligen was tearin all my hard work regrowth up. I decided to post a pic i took of myself about a week ago. I haven't had a chance to twist my hair so this is my hair out. Any questions or request will be answered. Keep hope alive guys :)

Whats up man. I haven't been around here in a long while either. So anyway, I've had success with my regimen of Rogaine Foam and Topical spironolactone 5% cream. I had added Revivogen for a few months but stopped. I'm going to try to add that back in to strengthen my regimen and see how it helps. My hairline/temples have regrown and still is improving. But it's been a gradual improvement, so it's taking a while to get back to 100% (if it ever gets there).

Glad you're still doing well with your treatment too.

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been said, but I don't think he had male pattern baldness... looked more like a stress orientated - temporary hairloss.

the hairline and crown wern't affected in the manner male pattern baldness usually effects the hair. IE 'Pattern'

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with sammo. That does'nt look like male pattern baldness, but its hair loss nonetheless and finasteride and minoxidil seem to have worked for this guy

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
well, if it wasn't male pattern related he probably wouldnt need to really use the finasteride, i guess if he has a family history - mabye then its an ok idea i suppose. prevention.

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
Stupidly, i added Folligen into my treatment and my hair went to the birds. WARNING... from my experience DO NOT USE FOLLIGEN. It WILL take ur hair out. So about 5 months after properly using folligen about 80% of my regrown hair fail out.

did anyone else have this experience? does Folligen usually cause a shed before thickening? like minoxidil? I just started and my hair seems to be shedding but of course I can't be sure if it's the Folligen.

and on an unrelated note, why doesn't my quote box thing work when I try to quote someone?