20 year old whO regrEW!! WITH PICS!!-Now I am 21.

Airhed

Reaction score
Yeah, not trying to be the negative guy tearing down somebody's success, but my buddy's hair looks just like that when it's short. It looks super thin when he buzzes it short, but when he grows it out it gets thicker and starts to look like a fro. And who joins a forum just to post a success story the same day??? Sounds like a damn good advertisment to me...i could be wrong though

dablackman

Reaction score
About my pics

Listen up, I became a member of this site for one and only one reason, to help you guys out. Honestly, I probably never would have ever became a member of this site if I never regrew my hair back. But instead of me using this site while I was down and out, then getting great results and going on with my life, like the hundreds of other great responders, I decided to become a member and share my story. Those low cut pics was my hair right after a cut about 3 1/2 months into my regimen. The fro was about 5 months into it. Before starting my regimen I couldn't grow a da** fro because my follicles in the front were too miniturized. I can put the baseline up on March 3 when I go back to my Doctor to hopefully get back on propecia (been off about 3 weeks). I was taken off because the Doctor said "my liver enzymes were off". I just wanted to put some before's up until I was able to get the baseline pic up. I am a junior in college majoring in Construction Management and I don't have enough time in my life to fake a story or advertise.

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
why didn't you just say so? :roll:

Appreciate that you didn't get pissed off by our skeptism. The best of luck to you man.

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe it. Catch male pattern baldness early and you can really turn things around. BTW blackman, are you drinking alcohol regularly? That may be the issue with your liver enzymes.

dablackman

Reaction score
What up Subliminal. By the way that is a tight name. But, I don't drink alcohol. But about the last 2 1/2 months I started seriously lifting weights and working out, to kind of mentally stabilize myself with my hair plus to look better. My sister told me that sometimes working out changes liver enzymes. Right now I am not going back to that Doctor because he never was sensitive to my situation (he never cared about my hairloss because he has a head full). I am going to find a website that sells Propecia.

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
dablackman said:
What up Subliminal. By the way that is a tight name. But, I don't drink alcohol. But about the last 2 1/2 months I started seriously lifting weights and working out, to kind of mentally stabilize myself with my hair plus to look better. My sister told me that sometimes working out changes liver enzymes. Right now I am not going back to that Doctor because he never was sensitive to my situation (he never cared about my hairloss because he has a head full). I am going to find a website that sells Propecia.

Did your Doctor give you the exact numbers? There are two liver enzymes typically measured. ALT and AST. ALT is rather specific for liver. AST is made by skeletal muscle too, and can be high in weightlifters. If ALT isn't high, I wouldn't be so worried. I lift too, but my liver enzymes are normal. I chalk it up to drinking 2 gallons of water everyday to flush out my blood. Dunno if it really works to rid AST from the blood, but it doesn't hurt.

I've been using a USP grade liquid Finasteride from a trusted source. I'm gonna send you a message about where I get it from. It's pretty cheap and might tie you over until you get the real Propecia.

Don'tWantToBeBald..

Reaction score
Once you get successful results with propecia, regaine etc, does it then mean to maintain the regrown hair - you have to continue to use these products permanently?

dablackman

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll be on propecia, rogaine, and nizoral until I die. When my results start going back to baseline (my worst nightmare) I will be making enough money to get a hair transplant. Got to keep lookin good for the females!

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
yo that is some serious improvement man

and im with you on the going around with a hat everywhere i gotta deal with that aswell and its a f*****g pain in the ***

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yo man (not trying to sound black!) those are some excellent results.

I am no expert in hair loss but I am wondering if maybe there are some other treatments you could use to prevent your hair from ever falling out.

I'm sure you've heard about copper peptides, topical spironolactone, and all the rest..but here is one i bet you haven't heard of. I am not saying it would work for you in keeping your hair, or that it'd be better than any other topical, but i trust SkinActives.com because i had dark circles under my eyes from having thin skin (one of the problems of being white ;0) and the products i've been using from there has really made them less noticable.

KGF kit with Serum

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS

KGF: this protein (19,000 molecular weight) , is also known as FGF-7 and heparin-binding growth factor-7 (HBGF-7). KGF is a member of the fibroblast growth factor family and was found to stimulate hair growth. Cells that respond to KGF do so because they have receptors on the cell membrane that recognize the factor (which has been produced by cells that may be near or far from the target cell). The binding of the growth factor to the receptor initiates a cascade of molecular events that will eventually lead, among other effects, to cell division.. We make our own growth factor using biotechnology. Please ask about special wholesale prices. Please note that our growth factors are sold for use in cosmetics only

Sea kelp bioferment: complete nutrient supply, moisturizer. The substrate for fermentation is a sea macroalgae rich in caragenaan, algin, minerals and many active chemicals. Fermentation makes the cell contents of this algae readily available to your skin, moisturizing it and providing the nutrients required to synthesize new components.

Carnitine: antiage, L-Carnitine and derivatives like acetyl carnitine, carry activated fatty acids through the mostly impermeable inner mitochondrial membrane, allowing the respiration of fatty acids. The activated fatty acid (Acyl-CoA) cannot pass through the membrane but there is a special translocator for Acyl-carnitine. Once carnitine releases the fatty acid it carries (a process involving a tranferase), carnitine can go out again and take up another activated fatty acid. L-carnitine is a derivative of the amino acid lysine, and it is named after the material it was first isolated from, meat (carnus in Latin), in 1905. It was first believed to be a vitamin, and called vitamin BT, but humans can synthesize L-carnitine, although under certain conditions and depending on the diet the demand for L-carnitine may exceed an individual's capacity to synthesize it, making it a "conditionally essential nutrient".

Grape seed proanthocyanidins: antioxidant, promotes hair growth. Derived from the seeds of both red and white grapes, grape (Vitis vinifera) seed extract , containing 95% proanthocyanidins, is one of nature's most powerful antioxidants and a major free radical scavenger. These flavonoids protect capillary walls and inhibit the enzymes that break down collagen (collagenase), hyaluronic acid (hyaluronidase) and elastin (elastase). Proanthocyanidins also help promote tissue elasticity, help heal injuries, reduce swelling and edema (anti-inflammatory), restore collagen and improve peripheral circulation. Proanthocyanidins also prevent bruising, strengthen weak blood vessels and reduce histamine production.

Niacinamide: anti-age, anti-itch. Niacinamide is a vitamin, but even when following a normal healthy diet, topical application of niacinamide will result in increased synthesis of collagen, keratin, involucrin and flaggrin. Topical application of niacinamide will decrease pruritus and inflammation, decrease oiliness, alleviate atopic dermatitis, and decrease UV-induced skin cancers. These are just a few of the beneficial effects of topical application of niacinamide to the skin, and it would be suspicious that there are so many were it not for the crucial role of this chemical in human metabolism.

Soy isoflavones: antiage. Isoflavones are polyphenolic compounds capable of exerting estrogen-like effects, i.e. they will bind (weakly) to the estrogen receptors on the surface of your skin cells. Cells in human males also have receptors for estrogen. The amounts of soy isoflavones will be enough to help with hair growth without leading to unwanted side effects.

Saw palmetto: Saw palmetto (Serenoa repens) sterols have been shown to inhibit 5-alpha-reductase activity, the enzyme responsible for conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone and to inhibit binding of dihydrotestosterone to the cytosolic androgen receptor.

Chrysin: promotes hair growth.

dablackman

Reaction score
Thanks guys. BTW Follically Challenged, has some of that stuff been clinically proven to regrow or maintain hair? Has anyone on this site benefited from some of those natural supplements? Just asking because I do want to maintain my hair but without wasting my money on non-proven methods. I'll give the web site a look tho. Good looking out cuz! :D

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nothing in that witches brew is proven to regrow hair. However, the grape seed proancyathins and the saw palemtto is used in Crinagen.

On the site here i have posted how KGF led to hair growth on alopecia murine models.

soccerguy11

Reaction score
curious

out of mere curiosity...is it possible that certain hair types can regrow with treatment faster i.e. african american hair versus white hair?

CCS

Reaction score
If he was a NW4a then I am a NW5. I picked my Norwood number by where I have no hair. But if he was a NW4a, then my 2-inch wide runway means I'm an NW5. That is annoying.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
he was not a NW4. at the worst a NW2.5 or 3. if he was nw4 then i am Norwood 20.