2 Weeks Since I First Posted On Here.. What On Earth Is Happening To My Hair!? : (

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not exactly a glowing endorsement man.. You're losing your hair quicker while on it!? Why don't you stop using it then? : /

Please don't get me wrong dude, I appreciate your advice. This is all just new to me as I've never suffered with even the slightest hint of hairloss. I'm scared if I'm completely honest
Because im scared that if i do it will make things even worse, ive added in oral minoxidil and i 'think' its helping, but im not sure yet. I get what you mean, we are all scared, depressed, down on our luck and completely fed up with this disease. Finasteride usually helps, but in mine and others on this site it can have the opposite reaction. Im gonna stick it out for a year ( been on it almost 10 months ) and if things are still looking bad im gonna take estradiol and become a woman for a year til i can get my hair back. The things balding drives me to do is maddening :(

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Andy -

Wait are you serious about that last part.. What on earth is estradiol??

I just don't think I could risk taking these things. My luck is pretty bad at the best of times to be fair. And I also here it can cause gyno... Oh hell no!!!

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
So a year and a half later... This is my hairline now. Shaved it all off the other day as it was just getting me so down. And I think it's pretty clear I've lost a lot at the front and it's only going to get worse? Ignore the red bumps, it's just the crappy shaver I used.

I literally don't know wtf to do.. I'm so, so depressed right now

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    758.6 KB · Views: 212
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 203
  • image.png
    image.png
    968.1 KB · Views: 202

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it isn’t, but it will prob be if u have mbp and u don’t start any treatments

Edit: ur hair is actually perfect for ur age

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
What makes you say it's perfect? I mean it's thinning at the sides while remaining relatively thick in the middle.. Right? I'm not going crazy am I?

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if u think so get on finastride, u get sides hop off and wait for a safer alternative like CB. I don’t know why ur complicating stuff.

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was just asking for your opinion dude that's all.

I really would rather not take that risk of using treatments like finasteride, if I can help it that is. But I just seem to see this really drastic recession at the sides... I'm in two minds, I really am

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
mate u upload dog sh*t quality of pictures and expect someone to identify if you have loss. u have to upload hd quality camera focused on your hair showng the density and hair line

plzhelpme34

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro. You are 30. And a year before, you were NW1.
Right now your hairline is probably just maturing and could probably not receide any further.

You should stop panicking.

Last edited:

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So a year and a half later... This is my hairline now. Shaved it all off the other day as it was just getting me so down. And I think it's pretty clear I've lost a lot at the front and it's only going to get worse? Ignore the red bumps, it's just the crappy shaver I used.

I literally don't know wtf to do.. I'm so, so depressed right now

Your temples have receded and you look to have fewer active follicles in that area so it’s progressing. You may have avoided this situation if you’d started finasteride 18 months ago. How much more hair are you prepared to lose?

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
mate u upload dog sh*t quality of pictures and expect someone to identify if you have loss. u have to upload hd quality camera focused on your hair showng the density and hair line
bit agressive dude, calm down. I'm not trying to annoy anybody here.

I don't want to risk losing anymore, but on the other hand, I don't want to incur any of these nasty side effects either. Gyno, acne, erectile dysfunction.. Scary sh*t.

What's the natural alternatives, if any?

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't want to risk losing anymore, but on the other hand, I don't want to incur any of these nasty side effects either. Gyno, acne, erectile dysfunction.. Scary sh*t.

non existent
it looks like u r heading towards nw2.5-3 pattern atm

broman5000

My Regimen
Reaction score

Im 1 week in finasteride...ZERO side effects...just try it...sides are overblown by the internet buddy...im also on Mx and Nizoral...good luck to ya, you'll be fine

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

There are none.

Just go for it. Forget about all these side effects. Chances are you won't experience any. And if you do, it'll only be short term.

I'd be more worried about the psychological issues you seem to have about your hair, which is going to cause you more damage than finastride or minoxidil ever could. The longer you go without them, the more hair you'll continue to lose. The more hair you lose, the worse your state of mind is going to get. Some people can accept going bald, others can't and you're clearly the latter. The sooner you take action, the better. Posting photos and freaking out isn't going to grow your hair back.

broman5000

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are none.

Just go for it. Forget about all these side effects. Chances are you won't experience any. And if you do, it'll only be short term.

I'd be more worried about the psychological issues you seem to have about your hair, which is going to cause you more damage than finastride or minoxidil ever could. The longer you go without them, the more hair you'll continue to lose. The more hair you lose, the worse your state of mind is going to get. Some people can accept going bald, others can't and you're clearly the latter. The sooner you take action, the better. Posting photos and freaking out isn't going to grow your hair back.
You're right buddy...People screaming that your dick won't work on finasteride are in the minority...my doctor said he's prescribed thousands of Finasteride Rx and he's never heard a complaint about sexual side effects...trust your doctor who was schooled on this, not internet homies

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro. You are 30. And a year before, you were NW1.
Right now your hairline is probably just maturing and could probably not receide any further.

You should stop panicking.

What makes you think it will stop here, and not recede anymore? Oh and I'm 34