2 Weeks Since I First Posted On Here.. What On Earth Is Happening To My Hair!? : (

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so I posted a thread a couple weeks back about my worry that my hair is receding/thinning. I was told by everyone who replied that i was worrying about nothing...

Well here's my hair two weeks later. I think it's pretty clear I've got a problem, right?

The first pic is my hair from two weeks ago, the second pic is my hair tonight

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 854
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 871

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The first picture was kinda badly taken. Too zoomed in and your hand covering most of your hair. Anyway, there is definitely some recession. I would go on treatments if I was you.

PS: People here like to invalidate other peoples' problems if their problems are worse.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yojimbo, you are still Norwood 1, yes you are receding slightly but you are in your mid 30s!!
If you are that concerned get on treatments, finasteride should do the trick. You can buy it online legitimately without prescription at AllDayChemist or InhousePharmacy. Accept it or treat it but dont make us more jealous of your amazing hair and genetics thanks :)

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, conflicting responses. With all due respect Andy, how is that good genes? For some reason I can't understand, this has happened in a matter of weeks. That really concerns me.

Hair loss and or recession at that rate surely isn't right? It's something happens over a long period of time usually?

Man I feel so low and depressed about this : (

I'm hearing you guys in regards to finasteride. But aren't there a lot of side effects?

And if I'm not a Norwood one, then what am I ?

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, conflicting responses. With all due respect Andy, how is that good genes? For some reason I can't understand, this has happened in a matter of weeks. That really concerns me.

Hair loss and or recession at that rate surely isn't right? It happens over time right?

Man I feel so low depressed about this : (

I'm hearing you guys in regards to finasteride. But aren't there a lot of side effects?

And if I'm not a Norwood one, then what am I ?
Youre pattern doesn't follow the Norwood chart to a T because you're losing hair at the front center too. It can happen quick. Side effects are extremely rare like 2%. Just go online and buy it because you have male pattern baldness. Don't worry though you could keep what you have for a long time with finasteride

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
IT can actually happen in a matter of weeks!? : /

So this treatment won't allow me to grow back what I had, only maintain what I have now?

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it was medical you would be losing hair all over like a diffused pattern, your hairline is just receding bro u have male pattern baldness. It's all good thought it's not bad man

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I appreciate your kind words dude, but compared to what my hair was only months ago.. This is bad. This was my hair at the beginning of the year. Zero patchy elements or recession. My hair has always been something I take pride in and i can't imagine myself without it. This sucks so bad.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    839 KB · Views: 424

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Forgot to mention my left eyebrow is also thinning, quite badly as well. I've had bloods taken and my thyroid levels came back fine. So I really don't get it. Stress perhaps?

Last edited:

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That pic doesn't show your hairline pulled back. When u first start having hairloss it's hard to put a finger on when it started because u don't look for it until it's noticeable to u. My hairloss receded in 6 months then stopped and hasn't changed much in 6/7 years. It was from steroids though.

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
So do you put your recession down to the meds you were on?

I've been on an anti depressant for sometime now.. Surely that wouldn't of caused it ?

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So do you put your recession down to the meds you were on?

I've been on an anti depressant for sometime now.. Surely that wouldn't of caused it ?
I'm not sure if that's causing it but w.e it is it kickstarted your male pattern baldness. I was on anabolic steroids and that kickstarted mine. It basically stopped not sure if that's due to the fact that I'm on finasteride or that I quit juicing

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, never knew roids could cause hairloss.

Do you mind me asking how old you are? And what would you rate yourself on the Norwood scale?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Yojimbo I said you have good genes as you are alot older than alot of the guys on here and are just now beginning to experience male pattern baldness, we get it you dont want to lose your hair, neither do we lol. finasteride does have side effects like any drug. Its not even a guarantee you will keep your hair while on it anyway, its actually making my hairloss progress faster. :(
There are not many tools we got to fight baldness but if you care about your hair that much get on finasteride and minoxidil and give yourself a chance. Side effects are rare anyways and not permenant to 99% of people who get them. Go bald or get on treatments thats really the bottom line, but i do think without any treatments you will have decent hair into your 50s for sure.

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Yojimbo I said you have good genes as you are alot older than alot of the guys on here and are just now beginning to experience male pattern baldness, we get it you dont want to lose your hair, neither do we lol. finasteride does have side effects like any drug. Its not even a guarantee you will keep your hair while on it anyway, its actually making my hairloss progress faster. :(
There are not many tools we got to fight baldness but if you care about your hair that much get on finasteride and minoxidil and give yourself a chance. Side effects are rare anyways and not permenant to 99% of people who get them. Go bald or get on treatments thats really the bottom line, but i do think without any treatments you will have decent hair into your 50s for sure.

That's not exactly a glowing endorsement man.. You're losing your hair quicker while on it!? Why don't you stop using it then? : /

Please don't get me wrong dude, I appreciate your advice. This is all just new to me as I've never suffered with even the slightest hint of hairloss. I'm scared if I'm completely honest