2 Weeks Since I First Posted On Here.. What On Earth Is Happening To My Hair!? : (

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. What's the chances of this stopping, and not receding anymore? I mean, is it likely, is it common. I'm 34, and will be 35 in 3 months from now. My brothers almost 40 and seems to have a very similar pattern to how mine is now.

I guess those side effects are still playing on my mind. And some of the stories I've read on here alone are enough to put you off. Guys who have started treatments, only to find months later that they've shed more hairs and been left with a worse hairline than previously. I mean f*** that noise! It would be just my pissing luck for that to happen to me.

By the way, has anybody ever heard of IBS being linked to hairloss?

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. What's the chances of this stopping, and not receding anymore? I mean, is it likely, is it common. I'm 34, and will be 35 in 3 months from now. My brothers almost 40 and seems to have a very similar pattern to how mine is now.

I guess those side effects are still playing on my mind. And some of the stories I've read on here alone are enough to put you off. Guys who have started treatments, only to find months later that they've shed more hairs and been left with a worse hairline than previously. I mean f*** that noise! It would be just my pissing luck for that to happen to me.

By the way, has anybody ever heard of IBS being linked to hairloss?

Bro it's obviously bothering you and it doesn't even look bad....get finasteride and cut it into .25. takr this every other day for ahwile it'll help and probably less chance of any sides too.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro it's obviously bothering you and it doesn't even look bad....get finasteride and cut it into .25. takr this every other day for ahwile it'll help and probably less chance of any sides too.
Atleast you know your atleast fighting it at some scale. Since it seems to be minor anyways.

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
So my hair is growing in a bit now but have noticed a couple things. Firstly - what are these small, white circular patches that I seem to have on my scalp? Is this some form of alopecia?

And is it safe to say I'm balding/thinning from the crown/back of my head? Legit never noticed it before, but it looks a bit sparse.. No?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    914.8 KB · Views: 195
  • image.png
    image.png
    864.1 KB · Views: 171
  • image.png
    image.png
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 194

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So my hair is growing in a bit now but have noticed a couple things. Firstly - what are these small, white circular patches that I seem to have on my scalp? Is this some form of alopecia?

And is it safe to say I'm balding/thinning from the crown/back of my head? Legit never noticed it before, but it looks a bit sparse.. No?

Mate, I'm not sure what you want to hear. You're balding. Forget the 'mature hairline' cope myth. You're losing hair at the crown and vertex and you're hairline right now is a nw2/nw2.5 but the pattern of miniaturization is more like a nw3+. You can clearly see the island starting to form at the front. It may stabilize or stop on it's own but let's be honest here the chances of that happening are very slim since you're past a nw2 and are also losing it at the back

Either stop whining and accept it or jump on treatments NOW. You've waited far too long already and you're losing follicles fast.

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's really not something I want to do but if you're saying that I don't have a choice, then...

Strange how someone a week ago was saying my hair wasn't even that bad : /

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's really not something I want to do but if you're saying that I don't have a choice, then...

Strange how someone a week ago was saying my hair wasn't even that bad : /

Your hair isn't particularly bad for your age though. It's far from a perfect head of hair but it's not horrible either. To most people it'll look like you are receding but not balding. But look closely at your last pictures mate. They reveal everything. Hair on the temples is sparse and thin and so are the hairs on your crown.

You don't have to btw, if you want to keep your hair and you figure it's worth the risk, don't wait, that's all I'm saying

Yojimbo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea it certainly shocked me when I saw it. Thing is, this hairloss has been really rather rapid. Compare it to when I posted two years ago, my hair was like that up until beginning of the year. Now in a matter of months it's like this. Is that really male pattern baldness, or something else entirely?