[19M] Going bald, and I can't grow a beard

plo_bald

Reaction score
I searched forums for people who are balding and do not have a beard, and all I found is guys who do not have a receding hairline, but are balding diffusely (so not really male pattern baldness)

I couldn't find anyone with a classical receding hairline AND no beard.

Well, I have a receding hairline and no beard (almost no beard at all)

So does anyone know what is going on with me? What hormone tests could I order to diagnose me? I already checked testosterone, DHEA, SHBG, FSH, LH. (I can post those if someone knows how to interpret them, but they all came normal... My testosterone was on the upper limit but not too high)

abcdefg

Reaction score
I searched forums for people who are balding and do not have a beard, and all I found is guys who do not have a receding hairline, but are balding diffusely (so not really male pattern baldness)

I couldn't find anyone with a classical receding hairline AND no beard.

Well, I have a receding hairline and no beard (almost no beard at all)

So does anyone know what is going on with me? What hormone tests could I order to diagnose me? I already checked testosterone, DHEA, SHBG, FSH, LH. (I can post those if someone knows how to interpret them, but they all came normal... My testosterone was on the upper limit but not too high)

Dont over analyze it there is no magic answer. Its 98 percent chance its normal male pattern baldness so get on finasteride or accept male pattern baldness. You can get the hormone panel but its still take propecia or dont. There is no prediction based on hormones or anything else how propecia will work for you or affect you except to take it and see.
Beard makes no difference. Its sensitivity to androgens and maybe beard hair has not become sensitive to androgens either. Who knows.

plo_bald

Reaction score
Well maybe, but it's really not likely. *All* people with male pattern baldness who are that young (I'm only 19) are very hairy and have big beards, because DHT levels and sensitivity are the same everywhere in the body.

Whereas I almost don't have a beard, I have very little chest hair, etc.

Here are some new photos of my hair : http://imgur.com/CwgSY6i http://imgur.com/xKSgWbW

What Norwood do I have? Do you think it has worsend since the last time I posted photos?

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well maybe, but it's really not likely. *All* people with male pattern baldness who are that young (I'm only 19) are very hairy and have big beards, because DHT levels and sensitivity are the same everywhere in the body.

Whereas I almost don't have a beard, I have very little chest hair, etc.

Here are some new photos of my hair : http://imgur.com/CwgSY6i http://imgur.com/xKSgWbW

What Norwood do I have? Do you think it has worsend since the last time I posted photos?

To me you are a diffuse Norwood 3. I am not sure, whether it got worse. The hairline doesn´t seem to have receded since the last pics, but it looks like your mid area has thinned out, but it could also be the shorter hair.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
The is the biggest case of denial with male pattern baldness I have ever seen.

Bruh, you have a classic male pattern baldness pattern recession and thinning going on (a diffuse Norwood 3 as IggyyPop said). It doesn't matter if you're hairy or not, you can still lose your hair and have lower DHT levels. For example, I have only grow very light stubble and like no chest hair yet I'm still receding at my temples. A lot of other posters here are the same. It just means that our follicles are sensitive to DHT.

In all of the months you have been waiting posting here you could have gotten on treatment and thicken up your hair.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
who do not have a receding hairline, but are balding diffusely (so not really male pattern baldness))

must be trolling

at least when you're slick bald you can comfort yourself knowing the hairloss wasn't androgenic alopecia

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
must be trolling

at least when you're slick bald you can comfort yourself knowing the hairloss wasn't androgenic alopecia

Going off topic, but how has treatment been for you Dench? You were on dutasteride + RU correct? Has your itching gone away?

abcdefg

Reaction score
"*All* people with male pattern baldness who are that young (I'm only 19) are very hairy and have big beards, because DHT levels and sensitivity are the same everywhere in the body."

Not all young people with male pattern baldness are very hairy with beards though. male pattern baldness might have different sub types someday, but the reality today is no one knows enough to say that for sure. Until then if it ever happens you have to accept there are not perfect answers for this kind of thing.
Sensitivity to androgens not androgen levels. Body hair or facial hair have different sensitivities exactly like male pattern baldness and no one knows how that works so you cant reliably use that as evidence of anything.
I would agree most young men going bald fast/severe do have lots of body/facial hair as sign of high androgens, but your way over simplifying to say one sign is the only sign.
Believe anything you want though there are groups of people today that strongly believe the world is flat and nothing you say will ever ever convince them. I wont waste my time trying

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm seriously depressed right now and thinking about suicide. Why has life been so unfair with me? Why can't I be like other people of my age?
You, me and everyone else over here mate. I'm also 19, going bald rapidly, so you're not the only one. Get on finasteride tho asap, every day you wait you permanent lose a hair follicle. Who knows, it might thicken your hair up, or it might just stop it where you are right now but that's still better than being bald. Trust me, you are at an even bigger disadvantage than other bald guys because most of them can at least grow a beard. Get on finasteride.