19 Years Old, Debating Wether To Start Finasteride

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks brother,
I was 24 years old when i did the first. i was starting balding from 19-20 years old.
The two last ones i did this year, hopefully i wont need another in 10 years :). To be honest, the two last ones where not crucial but more for my own well being. thats what its all about i guess.
How many did you get total? 3?

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long was your hair stable before you got it done? Does your boys hair look thin in real life or thick enough to pull it off? I think you went a good route not touching the crown, I'd rather have a thick 2/3 in the front and thin grown.

I was stable for 5 years before i did my first. I went 6 years happy as f*** and didnt think about hair loss anymore, i didnt even use any meds for that entire time (witch was stupid of course) . When i did my second hair transplant a year ago i went back to lower the hair line because it was put too high the first time. I noticed then i had started to thin midscalp and a little bit on the crown area. It was weird to me because when my hair was grown out it looked thick as f*** and felt real good, but when buzzed down the truth came out. This was obviously a wake up call for me and thats the reason i started finasteride a year ago witch im grateful for. This last hair transplant i went for the temple points and reenforce the midscalp a little. This is when my doctor told me not to touch the crown as of now, no see through when grown out a little (as you can tell on my latest pictures o the thread with my hair transplant results) and i respond well to meds, with 3k graft left in the bank i got enough to take care of a possible future donut hole. So as you said i have focused alot on a strong front/mid as of now.

Man he looks great. I was stunned when i saw him after 6 months and even more after 12. He looks great irl and his hair looks thick , with a little see through just in the middle of the crown, that doesn't bother him at all. He can more than pull it of.. that's him ( his also on finasteride and responds well to it)

Attachments

• IMG_20170708_214906_01_01.jpg
    IMG_20170708_214906_01_01.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 228

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was stable for 5 years before i did my first. I went 6 years happy as f*** and didnt think about hair loss anymore, i didnt even use any meds for that entire time (witch was stupid of course) . When i did my second hair transplant a year ago i went back to lower the hair line because it was put too high the first time. I noticed then i had started to thin midscalp and a little bit on the crown area. It was weird to me because when my hair was grown out it looked thick as f*** and felt real good, but when buzzed down the truth came out. This was obviously a wake up call for me and thats the reason i started finasteride a year ago witch im grateful for. This last hair transplant i went for the temple points and reenforce the midscalp a little. This is when my doctor told me not to touch the crown as of now, no see through when grown out a little (as you can tell on my latest pictures o the thread with my hair transplant results) and i respond well to meds, with 3k graft left in the bank i got enough to take care of a possible future donut hole. So as you said i have focused alot on a strong front/mid as of now.

Man he looks great. I was stunned when i saw him after 6 months and even more after 12. He looks great irl and his hair looks thick , with a little see through just in the middle of the crown, that doesn't bother him at all. He can more than pull it of.. that's him
Thanks for the info man. Looks good from what I can see. Wish you all the best.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mattias ; you are lucky man .
you just had a receding hairline ? no vertex thinning ?

I wish i could do a hair transplant for my hairline, but my crown is thinning , and i don't respond well to medications
you have a good result with propecia ?

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mattias ; you are lucky man .
you just had a receding hairline ? no vertex thinning ?

I wish i could do a hair transplant for my hairline, but my crown is thinning , and i don't respond well to medications
you have a good result with propecia ?

I have vertex thinning but not aggressive. I noticed it when i shaved my head. Finasteride thicked up my hair, im going to quit finasteride now and try 1g of Seti ED instead. Se how that goes..

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not minoxidil ?

nah, i will try to maintain first with Seti and maybe some topical finasteride if needed. But i will try just the Seti first and se how that goes.
minoxidil maybe maybe if i get see through.. not a big fan though.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure me too not a fan of minoxidil , but when you are deseperate you try everything .
By the way , Seti doesn't work well man.

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure me too not a fan of minoxidil , but when you are deseperate you try everything .
By the way , Seti doesn't work well man.

thats true.
How do you know that? Do you know anyone that have tried 1g Seti a day? most that have tried have micro dosed. Seti is very dose dependent and the people that have tried higher dose have had good results for maintenance.

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Tristan Crawford ; hey man, don't let other posters depressed you with their negative attitude .You have a good attitude , and trust me , when you get trapped into the vicious circle of depression, things get horrible .
But keep in mind that you are definitey balding and finasteride might help you .

You have no diffuse thinning on vertex and mid scalp ? this is hard to see with you hair combed backward like this .

Absolutely none.

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks brother,
I was 24 years old when i did the first. i was starting balding from 19-20 years old.
The two last ones i did this year, hopefully i wont need another in 10 years :). To be honest, the two last ones where not crucial but more for my own well being. thats what its all about i guess.

Hey man, im super glad you had such awesome results.. the only question I have is what was it like the days following the transplant? Like did anyone even notice right after you got it? Or did the redness go way within a day?? I'm just thinking about my future in like 5 years when I may get one haha