19 months finasteride...

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
commonsense123 said:
No not saying all men are genetically predisposed to this reaction but most of us are i believe....Most men masterbate alot ie. numerous orgasms. I would like researchers to focus on a study of the chemicals that are released through the blood into the scalp of a male with "genetic hair thinning" after 3 to 4 orgasms a week for 6 months to a year. It would be interesting if shedding increased and hair diameter decreased in the areas of male pattern baldness at the end of the study. I am currently doing a study on my own hair...I'm 25 and have pretty much a norwood 1.5...I started to thin at my crown at 22yrs old and then my temples started to thin a little....I had a surfer style spike hair style so i knew my hair was starting to thin..I freaked out and tried all the natural stuff and finally 6 months ago i got on proscar and i also take curcumin. but i noticed when i masterbated like 3 times a week my hair would start thinning out bad. So i decided to go as long as i could while on proscar just to see if the orgasms were doing anything. I could only last a month and that was hard as hell. but i noticed my hair was so much thicker and tiny vellus hairs started to appear on my temples...anyways i wouldn't bother writing anything on here if i wasn't trying to help another young guy that has just started thinning....I am starting to get confident that if your a beginner with regards to thinning i would strongly recommend getting on finasteride and taking curcumin with peperine and also the hard part try your hardest to with stand from having an orgasm frequently. I am confident if you do this your hair will start to grow back to being thick again.

Common... i thought you was going to start your own thread?

Do you know that men who have been castrated (removal of both testicles) therefore cannot get an errection nor have any desire for sex.... Dont grow their hair back!!!! FACT

They also dont lose anymore hair, becuase they have almost no testosteron left. But if what you are preaching was true, those men would regrow their hair and the do NOT !!

The finasteride helped you mate. Have a wank and celebrate

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
chancer said:
Do you know that men who have been castrated (removal of both testicles) therefore cannot get an errection nor have any desire for sex.... Dont grow their hair back!!!! FACT

They also dont lose anymore hair, becuase they have almost no testosteron left. But if what you are preaching was true, those men would regrow their hair and the do NOT !!

One problem though....first you say that even castration doesn't regrow hair...later you say that finas (which decreases DHT) is what helped commonsense regrow his hair???

Libido

Established Member
Reaction score
commonsense123 said:
I could only last a month and that was hard as hell.
Thats just sick.
Once a day atleast for me. Less than that I go crazy. A lot of day 2-3 times. Sometimes I´ve tried to keep from it (because it does make ju exhausted to ejaculate, wich is not very good), but after like 30-40 hours its a rock... And I end up doing it 2-3 times in a row, so its even worse.

Its actually worse when I´ve been with a girl. If I have been with a girl in the morning and then come home, my "imagination" is just triggered so I download a few gigs of p**rn and go at it for as long as I have time to spare.

You might be wondering why im writing this, but thing is I had to write it somewhere. I see so many guys type stuff like "Now im of finas, and can have sex almost once a day, yay!", and im thinking "wtf?".
And you didnt do it for a month. Holy sh*t. A (male) friend of mine and I shared a hotel room for 5 days once, so we decided to keep from it - partly because we wanted to go crazy and meet a lot of girls. I lasted two days or so.... And he? Well, he later admited he ejaculated after like 24 hours. In a f*ing cup, as I was using the bathroom. So, ok, thats sick. But one month? Thats so much more sick. :freaked2:

tgates209

Established Member
Reaction score
This thread is such a great one. It shows a journey, and for me that's what this is going to be about. Riding the highs and lows and not bailing out - kind of like investing in the stock markets. Just ride it out and over time you almost always see a gain, even with crashes (kind of like a shed). I guess you need the market crashes to be able to scoop up the good deals anyway, right?

I was set to do foam and nizoral only, but after reading this for some reason I will reconsider Proscar.

Thanks, douggie.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
3.5 months back on Fincar cut in to 5ths. Working well, this time I have yet to get a shed, I was shedding like a mofo before I restarted, which is why I restarted. Shedding has slowed to a crawl over the past month and a half, hair not bad, but not where it was before I stopped. Libido normal.

RangerDude

Reaction score
Hi Douggie, thank for posting on here and sharing. I am about 18 months in with only 1mg finasteride and nizoral (just like u), so you know why youre my inspiration on here hahaha, kinda ghey sorry. anyway, had some ups and downs and the past 2 months hair has gotten at its worst point. flat, lifeless hair that is shedding like crazy in parts that havent shed before. (itchy head once in a blue too) i dont know what to expect but any feedback is appreciated. goodluck to everyone on here!

Petchsky

Reaction score
I still don't get why people take propecia for years with success then just stop and say ' wow, i starting shedding like a dog' when they stop. Well of course you f*****g did! Not trying to be a dick Douggie, just amazed how many times i've seen it happen.

Thanks for coming back and updating your story :)

Obsidian

Reaction score
Well at least he went through a nasty shed at month 6 because my hair is trashed. :freaked2:

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
No offense Petchsky, I was always a guy who said people who stopped were idiots, but lo and behold I ended up being part of that crew.

Anyway, update time. So, as was the case with my first finasteride runthrough, month 12 was fine, and on month 14 I have been having a monster shed. For those not wanting to go back and read the old stuff, started finasteride/nizoral Aug 2003, had awesome results, and stopped Nov. 2007 for libido issues. Shed like a mofo, got back on last May. Experiences are nearly identical as before:

Month 0 to 6 shed
Month 7-9 better
Month 9-12 good
Month 14 shed

Waiting to see how it goes from here, you never know, finasteride may have stopped working for me, but I am betting that my results will mirror my previous ones. Although, I don't remember my hair being this thin before at this time, it was so long ago. Still have full coverage, but when my hair is messed up you can definitely see where it's thin. If things hold thru as before, I should be back to normal in 3-4 months by month 18. If not, Mr. Head meet Mr. Razor.

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score
Did your libido improve when you came off the finasteride?
If so, has it dropped again now you're back on it?

Autumn Sundown

Established Member
Reaction score
commonsense123 said:
No not saying all men are genetically predisposed to this reaction but most of us are i believe....Most men masterbate alot ie. numerous orgasms. I would like researchers to focus on a study of the chemicals that are released through the blood into the scalp of a male with "genetic hair thinning" after 3 to 4 orgasms a week for 6 months to a year. It would be interesting if shedding increased and hair diameter decreased in the areas of male pattern baldness at the end of the study. I am currently doing a study on my own hair...I'm 25 and have pretty much a norwood 1.5...I started to thin at my crown at 22yrs old and then my temples started to thin a little....I had a surfer style spike hair style so i knew my hair was starting to thin..I freaked out and tried all the natural stuff and finally 6 months ago i got on proscar and i also take curcumin. but i noticed when i masterbated like 3 times a week my hair would start thinning out bad. So i decided to go as long as i could while on proscar just to see if the orgasms were doing anything. I could only last a month and that was hard as hell. but i noticed my hair was so much thicker and tiny vellus hairs started to appear on my temples...anyways i wouldn't bother writing anything on here if i wasn't trying to help another young guy that has just started thinning....I am starting to get confident that if your a beginner with regards to thinning i would strongly recommend getting on finasteride and taking curcumin with peperine and also the hard part try your hardest to with stand from having an orgasm frequently. I am confident if you do this your hair will start to grow back to being thick again.

I've spent some time experimenting with this theory. I went a full week where I masturbated two times a day every day. During that week I shed at least 40 hairs in the shower, and probably another 40 that fell out onto my food, mouth, clothes, etc.
The next week I decided not to masturbate at all. I shed (on average) 2 hairs in the shower and noticed maybe another 2 or 3 over the course of the day. I often run my fingers through my hair (partially due to obsessive compulsive freak outs) to see if I can get out any loose ones before they fall into my food or mouth. On the days I was masturbating I would pull one or two hairs out from my temples and vertex every time I ran my fingers through my hair. On the days I didn't masturbate at all I got no hairs from my temples or vertex and the only place I got any hair at all to come out (2) was the bottom of the back, a place that isn't effected by male pattern baldness.
I don't know how much science there is to it, but it worked for me and it's something I've been keeping up with and seeing fantastic results. I don't have a very high labido as it is so keeping from masturbating isn't very hard and definitely worth it.

One thing I'm curious about is if men with erectile dysfunction suffer from male pattern baldness...

SE-freak

Reaction score
Autumn Sundown said:
commonsense123 said:

I've spent some time experimenting with this theory. I went a full week where I masturbated two times a day every day. During that week I shed at least 40 hairs in the shower, and probably another 40 that fell out onto my food, mouth, clothes, etc.
The next week I decided not to masturbate at all. I shed (on average) 2 hairs in the shower and noticed maybe another 2 or 3 over the course of the day. I often run my fingers through my hair (partially due to obsessive compulsive freak outs) to see if I can get out any loose ones before they fall into my food or mouth. On the days I was masturbating I would pull one or two hairs out from my temples and vertex every time I ran my fingers through my hair. On the days I didn't masturbate at all I got no hairs from my temples or vertex and the only place I got any hair at all to come out (2) was the bottom of the back, a place that isn't effected by male pattern baldness.
I don't know how much science there is to it, but it worked for me and it's something I've been keeping up with and seeing fantastic results. I don't have a very high labido as it is so keeping from masturbating isn't very hard and definitely worth it.

One thing I'm curious about is if men with erectile dysfunction suffer from male pattern baldness...

Before self-testing masturbation theories, spend some time reading on hair follicle physiology. Hairs that you shed today were created by follicles that entered the telogen phase 2-3 months ago.

Give your balls a break.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
eth0 said:
Did your libido improve when you came off the finasteride?
If so, has it dropped again now you're back on it?

Nah, it is about the same, probably a loss of libido just due to age moreso than from age and the finasteride

guitar66

Reaction score
commonsense123 said:
Lets think here guys.......Why do most women have a full head of hair? What is it that most men do and most women do not do? That could lead to hormone stricken disease of hairloss hmmmmm Both men and women have lots of sex? So i don't think it has to do with the activity of sex because both sexes do it often....So if its not sex that is the antogonist of our shrinking follicles then hmmm Now lets think.....OH i got it.....ORGASM....Throughout a womens lifetime they do not have near as many orgasms as a man does in his lifetime. Some never experience orgasms at all....yet they are the ones walking around with a smile on their face and a full head of hair...thick healthy hair. Our follicles are shrinking because the physiological effects that numerous orgasms can take on certain follicles of the scalp over time.

yeah sorry man, you're way off base with this one. I've been with different types of girls, some are impossible and some (like the girl i'm with now) can go over and over and over. She has 6 to my 1 every time.... That ratio is in relation to both orgasms and hair count.

bladio

Reaction score
douggie are you sure that the loss of libido was from age and not from finasteride?

Did you have a loss of libido in the first month taking finasteride on 2003?

Sorry for the bad english.

Thanks.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
bladio said:
douggie are you sure that the loss of libido was from age and not from finasteride?

Did you have a loss of libido in the first month taking finasteride on 2003?

Sorry for the bad english.

Thanks.

No, I had no libido loss back in 2003, just watery jizz. I am pretty sure the libido issue is age related, although it has gotten better, maybe it was just fatigue.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
So, update...Ironically, I am back at month 19, second time through and hair seems to be thinning a bit again. If my former results are a good barometer, I should expect a pick up in the next month or so. I have noticed fewer hairs falling out, had a decent shed a month and a half ago, just waiting for them to grow back in, or hoping they actually do, I guess we'll find out. :)