19 months finasteride...

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride 1mg since Aug 2003 and nizoral since Feb 2003.

What can I say, life is good, hair is good, and I am never here anymore. Just figured I would pull in to let you folks who are taking finasteride that it does work for some of us. I would guesstimate my curent status at or around 90% of what I had as a 21 year old. I started noticing hair loss at 25 and didn't do anything til I was almost 27. I am 28 now.

Also, I switched to fincar in August and I continue to get results.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks man! i wish more people like you would chime in after they have had success just to keep us motivated.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU for coming back and posting.

It's so great to hear just a, hey it worked for me story with no sides or other complaining... :D :lol:

itsjustaphase

Reaction score
douggie you are a champ for giving us feedback. woulkd you mind giving us a quick summary of what happened every 2-3 months or so? just so we can know what to expect if we are good responders?

best of luck in the future!

G

how long

hey thanx for the update, how long did it take you to see results from finasteride?

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
good to hear Dougie: Where do you get your fincar from? From this site, DRugs-one?

Curious.

Tell us about your sides, or lack thereof..etc..and the general timeline for how your hair started to improve.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, busy.

The only side I got was watery jizz for about 2 days. WRT gyno and holding fat, I am in the best shape of my life right now so that never stopped me. IMO, that is because I am in a pretty up mood so I stay active. I sat around and moped the whole 3 months following the discoery I was losing my hair.

On finasteride...

The first 3 months were hell, but I kept my hair real long. I know I shed like a banshee though. Months 3-6 nothing really happened. Months 6-9 I had a horrible shed, but stuff started growing toward the end as there was no change in the way my hair looked. Then, months 10-12 things were awesome, I could start spiking my hair up again which was sweet. Months 12-14 I would say were pretty bad, I shed huge and my spot which was bad, the area right up in the front on my hairline, was ridiculously thin. Month 15 or so everything picked up and my hair has been that way since.

I would say the worst months were 6-9 and I am currently in the best months. My ex chick said my hair is way thicker than before and so did my father who told me that he thought I was losing my hair but and wanted to know what happened.

Oh, I am a diffuse thinner and it worked equally well everywhere.

The best part is, I more thanlikely would have just stopped using it after 9 months because at that time it didn't look significantly different. A combination of not cutting my hair til after 9 months and knowing from this website that I would need to wait out the sheds kept me going on it.

Oh, I got my fincar from inhousepharmacy I believe.

I have a pic, but I don't really want to host it anywhere. If I could just upload it here I would.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
So, to continue my epic, been on 23 months, ever since month 14 have had absolutely no issues with sheds. I may be shedding, but it makes no cosmetic difference. If I was at 90% when I posted this thread at the 19th month, I am at about 98% now at the 23rd month. IMO, that day I finally said f*ck it and got proscar was a very smart move. Probably the second best day wrt to hair loss was finding this site, had I not found it, I probably would have freaked during the first shed like most and stopped using it.

Thanks for the hairs.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
douggie said:
So, to continue my epic, been on 23 months, ever since month 14 have had absolutely no issues with sheds. I may be shedding, but it makes no cosmetic difference. If I was at 90% when I posted this thread at the 19th month, I am at about 98% now at the 23rd month. IMO, that day I finally said f*ck it and got proscar was a very smart move. Probably the second best day wrt to hair loss was finding this site, had I not found it, I probably would have freaked during the first shed like most and stopped using it.

Thanks for the hairs.

So your hair is still thickening up at almost the 2 year stage. That goes against the patterns in the studies (i think) but it's nice to know. :toma:

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think it will thicken up any more, most of the success came around month 20, that's when my wet hair looked acceptable to me.

Petchsky

Reaction score
This is some good shiiiiiittttt!

:punk:

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
Last night I was talking to a buddy about this crap so I figured I would come back and post an update.

Just finished month 27 and things are as good or better than they were at 2 years. Spiking my hair is not a problem, and my buddy who I was talking with about this stuff had no idea I had lost a single hair (He is worried as he started the process). I have been on fincar 1mg for 27 months, nizoral for about 6 months longer. I was obsessed with this stuff 2-3 years ago so it is nice to be able to not give it a second thought now. I actually forget to take the fincar some mornings.

misterium

Reaction score
douggie:

did you have any irritation/itching at all during your days?

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
great post, thanks for the update, keep em coming

jayC99

Established Member
Reaction score
douggie said:
I shed huge and my spot which was bad, the area right up in the front on my hairline, was ridiculously thin. Month 15 or so everything picked up and my hair has been that way since.

So did your hairline improve much? Any regrowth there? I'm in the same boat as you in months 6-9... as I entered month 7 I started shedding like crazy and my hairline has thinned considerably...

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Moving this to the success forum :)

HairLossTalk.com

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
douggie said:
The first 3 months were hell, but I kept my hair real long. I know I shed like a banshee though. Months 3-6 nothing really happened. Months 6-9 I had a horrible shed, but stuff started growing toward the end as there was no change in the way my hair looked. Then, months 10-12 things were awesome, I could start spiking my hair up again which was sweet. Months 12-14 I would say were pretty bad, I shed huge and my spot which was bad, the area right up in the front on my hairline, was ridiculously thin. Month 15 or so everything picked up and my hair has been that way since.

I would say the worst months were 6-9 and I am currently in the best months. My ex chick said my hair is way thicker than before and so did my father who told me that he thought I was losing my hair but and wanted to know what happened.

excellent to read this. thank you so much for posting this.