19 months finasteride...

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
I got equal growth everywhere, which was good because I am a diffuse thinner. Or was a diffuse thinner, I don't know.

lil weezy

Reaction score
thank you...

i just signed on and expectinh a hell of a journey

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
Quit ho-in in my threads you hos. ;)

So, where am I, I believe Month 30ish. Everything is the same, hair is great, not much else to report. No changes to regimen with the exception that I sometimes forget the nizoral. I would say I got down to 70% of my youth hair at it's worst, diffusely thinned. I would put my hair at or above 90% of what I was pre-male pattern baldness right now. Improvement still everywhere, no side effects, still not fat, no gyno, sex drive intact. I still shed as often as I ever have, I guess it just grows back now, who the hell knows.

I would post a pic but it is a hassle uploading it to a site and all that crap.[/img]

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 2 years = great results

mikeberk said:
Just wanted to chime in that I have been on finasteride for about 2 years now.. Did not see any results for first 8 months. Then the next 4 months the hairloss stopped.. no more falling hairs in the shower or while combing.. Another 10 months have gone by and yesterday the wife commented, 'honey, i can't see the bald spot on the temple anymore.. its completely gone!'.. Sure enough! I checked using 2 mirrors..

Anyway, now I am expecting the front area to get more dense like the temple and hopefully reversal of the previously receeded hairline.. then I can compete with the young stud at work!

-mb

That is great encouragement for finasteride users who are "good responders". I'm about 18 months into finasteride and seeing good progress from zero hairs to start.
Boru

jeffsss

Reaction score
Re: 2 years = great results

mikeberk said:
Just wanted to chime in that I have been on finasteride for about 2 years now.. Did not see any results for first 8 months. Then the next 4 months the hairloss stopped.. no more falling hairs in the shower or while combing.. Another 10 months have gone by and yesterday the wife commented, 'honey, i can't see the bald spot on the temple anymore.. its completely gone!'.. Sure enough! I checked using 2 mirrors..

Anyway, now I am expecting the front area to get more dense like the temple and hopefully reversal of the previously receeded hairline.. then I can compete with the young stud at work!

-mb

that's true inspiration for me!!

I'm over 5 months into finasteride and my hair keeps falling out.

I know were not supposed to judge our hair until a years time.. but some people say 3 months some people say 6.. !?

I'm holding off on buying dutasteride.. but it's really tempting seeing how many people respond well to that that didtn on finasteride.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
3 years, shedding more but I think that is seasonal, it seems to happen at the end of every summer. Still have full head of hair. That is all.

jeffsss

Reaction score
i see you frequent the forum very sparatically, how bout some before/after pics?

i'll be on finasteride for 1 solid year coming up on the 23rd of august. i can't say that i'm losing less :cry:

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for coming back, it gives us something to compare to and really glad to hear your progress.

HairyBerry

Established Member
Reaction score
Thx for your feedback, I'm thinking about starting finasteride but damn.. I don't think I can stand a huge shedding specially over an year or something, I shed more than I was used to during the summer and it was getting me depressed.. maybe if I have to shave my hair or cut it short in the hopefully not near future, maybe then I'll have the guts to try finasteride.

Edit: Changed my mind and I'm gonna start it.. just curious, how bad is a BAD shed? did any of you count the hairs?

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
Times still good, 38th month. Would post a now pic, don;t have a before pic.

During a bad shed the space of my part would be nearly 3/4 inch wide, Now it is full so there is no space.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your results...This is kinda of a depressing question, but I think everyone who has success is going face it eventually. Are you prepared for the fact that your hair may start falling out in a few years? It makes success kinda bitter-sweet in my opinion, feeling like you've cured yourself but knowing you've set yourself up to re-live the trauma of losing your hair again. I suppose you've just gotta live these 5 or 6 years to the fullest and hope something like dutasteride will buy you a few more years. I think this is a really important issue...what are your thoughts?

Cheers

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
well, in 5 to 6 years, you'll probably "start" to thin again, not go bald, and maybe by then they'll have a new treatment.

if not, then it'll be easier to accept when you're older, easier to accept at 30 than 25 for example.

bubka

Reaction score
person_123 said:
well, in 5 to 6 years, you'll probably "start" to thin again, not go bald, and maybe by then they'll have a new treatment.

if not, then it'll be easier to accept when you're older, easier to accept at 30 than 25 for example.
thats a nice comment

i am still not convinced too much about the people who have success and then start losing it again...

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
i am still not convinced too much about the people who have success and then start losing it again...

What do you mean? You think if they actually had success they wouldn't start losing it again? I'm just trying to clarify what you said, not incredulously asking.

CCS

Reaction score
barnabas said:
bubka said:

What do you mean? You think if they actually had success they wouldn't start losing it again? I'm just trying to clarify what you said, not incredulously asking.

the 5 year study is the AVERAGE of thousands of men, some of whom keep loosing hair from day one. A lot of the decline we see after 2 years could just be the non-responders pulling the averages down once the responders have peaked. Since finasteride pretty much kept my hair steady, I'm hoping dutasteride will give it a nice climb over the next 2 years and I'll stay there.

bubka

Reaction score
exactly, i am sure it will stop for some, as different androgens, and or levels, receptor changes happen as you age; however, because of the nature of how the drug works, i don't see how "tolerance" can happen

docj077

Reaction score
bubka said:
exactly, i am sure it will stop for some, as different androgens, and or levels, receptor changes happen as you age; however, because of the nature of how the drug works, i don't see how "tolerance" can happen

Not tolerance, but slower balding with the pro-growth effects of IGF-1 from propecia eventually not influencing male pattern baldness whatsoever.

That's my opinion, anyway.

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
barnabas said:
bubka said:

the 5 year study is the AVERAGE of thousands of men, some of whom keep loosing hair from day one. A lot of the decline we see after 2 years could just be the non-responders pulling the averages down once the responders have peaked.

Oh, yeah, I've thought that myself. Definitely very possible.