17 Year Old Balding - Help I Don't Want To Go Bald

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hang in there buddy. They say that finasteride really kicks in around the 1-1.5 year mark so the worst is behind you now.
I still see hair falling out that are thin at the root so I'm trying to be positive

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Few pictures of wet hair
5 months on finasteride and 4 months on minoxidil on temples

Attachments

• IMG_20170221_165348.jpg
    IMG_20170221_165348.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 832
  • IMG_20170221_165444.jpg
    IMG_20170221_165444.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 835
  • IMG_20170221_165355.jpg
    IMG_20170221_165355.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 786

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
!!!

Great responder! Stay with it.

JosephV

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried Minoxidil? I have heard that it can help you to hold on to what's left and help you to regrow a bit. One of my friends has used this. Also, avoid brushing wet hair. it may lead to hair loss. If you have alcoholic habits, it will be better to leave it. Propecia and rogaine are the best for treating baldness.

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried Minoxidil? I have heard that it can help you to hold on to what's left and help you to regrow a bit. One of my friends has used this. Also, avoid brushing wet hair. it may lead to hair loss. If you have alcoholic habits, it will be better to leave it. Propecia and rogaine are the best for treating baldness.
I'm already on treatments

JosephV

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then it could be hereditary hair loss or due to high stress and blood pressure. Do you have a lot of stress?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"very little " succes on hairline is a very big succes and luck. Cause Hairline and temples are very hard to recover.

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE

1 year on finasteride and minoxidil.

Hair is above baseline. I have been experiencing a minor/major shed. Don't know how to feel about that and if I should expect it or not. I'll upload pictures soon.

I haven't been regular with my minoxidil application. Still no sides to report on finasteride.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not keeping my expectations high. I just wish to either slow down the progression or to maintain what I have. I have slight gyno. finasteride could aggravate it?
Bro i have gyno too and im wondering if finasteride would make it worse, did it happen to you?
Thanks

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sam227, nice progress. How much minoxidil do you apply? Does it help with thin hair on sides? Thanks.

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE

It has been more than a year on finasteride and minoxidil. I have been experiencing a she'd for months now and I think I'm back to baseline. I have been pretty regular with finasteride but not so with minoxidil.
I'm shedding close to 100 hair everyday. I have been noticing increased hair fall after showers. I'm worried that finasteride might not be working for me anymore

Attachments

• IMG_20180601_144119.jpg
    IMG_20180601_144119.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_20180601_144024.jpg
    IMG_20180601_144024.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 626
  • IMG_20180601_144004.jpg
    IMG_20180601_144004.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_20180601_143759.jpg
    IMG_20180601_143759.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 642
Last edited:

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair still looks better than baseline, I think you are losing hair because you mention you haven't been consistent with minoxidil, once you start minoxidil that hair becomes dependent on minoxidil so if you slack on the minoxidil, you will start losing those hairs again,,even if you're on finasteride. This is the main reason I didn't start minoxidil.

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE
2.5 years on finasteride

I have been experiencing 50-100 hair loss everyday for the past year. It has been 6 months since I dropped minoxidil completely because of the inconvenience and I couldn't be regular in college.

My hair has overall thinned and the crown is more visible than ever. I would've balded way sooner if not for finasteride.

I think it is losing its efficacy. Is this normal?

Should I restart minoxidil?

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE
2.5 years on finasteride

I have been experiencing 50-100 hair loss everyday for the past year. It has been 6 months since I dropped minoxidil completely because of the inconvenience and I couldn't be regular in college.

My hair has overall thinned and the crown is more visible than ever. I would've balded way sooner if not for finasteride.

I think it is losing its efficacy. Is this normal?

Should I restart minoxidil?

Perhaps its losing efficacy ..you may want to use Avodart

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE: 3.5 Years on Finasteride

I had started out with Finasteride and Minoxidil for my hair loss. I stopped using minoxidil after a year because it was way too much of a hassle.

My hair is either at or below baseline. I still shed and my hair looks very frizzy now.

Hairloss is still happening tho but results have slowly declined. My gyno has remained the same, although I have put on some weight.

Should I get back on Minoxidil?

PS- I am 21 years old now.