17 Year Old Balding - Help I Don't Want To Go Bald

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE: 3.5 Years on Finasteride

I had started out with Finasteride and Minoxidil for my hair loss. I stopped using minoxidil after a year because it was way too much of a hassle.

My hair is either at or below baseline. I still shed and my hair looks very frizzy now.

Hairloss is still happening tho but results have slowly declined. My gyno has remained the same, although I have put on some weight.

Should I get back on Minoxidil?

PS- I am 21 years old now.

Yes, start minoxidil if finasteride hasn't given you much regrowth, use along with needling, if you find it to be too much of a hassle you could always opt for low dose oral minoxidil but the risks are greater, although imo not significant. You can get oral min form here https://www.thailandpharmacy.net/product/minoxidil-5-minoxidil-5-mg-100-tablets/ or ask your derm to prescribe it.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
People always underestimate minoxidil, but the point is if you quit that sh*t things will go down hill quick.

I have seem some great recoveries on finasteride here, primarily from asian guys, but apart from that it is quite rare. The two things need to be applied in synergy for regrowth.

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE

4.5 YEARS ON finasteride
Restarted minoxidil on temples.

No noticable shedding. Although hair has lost volume since 1st year of using the meds.

My facial hair has still not come in fully.

Will continue the mix of both the meds for as long as possible.

Attaching pictures of current situation.
20201217_121230.jpg
20201217_122915.jpg
20201217_121302.jpg
20201217_121315.jpg

Attachments

• 20201217_121226.jpg
    20201217_121226.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 247

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE: 6 years into my journey

i quit finasteride a year ago.

I have felt much better physically off the pill and have continued minoxidil till now. The minoxidil has not helped as much as i would want.

My facial hair has been really coming in after quitting finasteride. I do understand that it must be because im not blocking the DHT anymore but now I feel i strongly need to get back on finasteride as i have been losing hair really fast. I may be below baseline.