zzzzz's 1 year dutasteride results

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes it is known that dht does not effect beard growth by any significant ammount only beard development

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
yes it is known that dht does not effect beard growth by any significant ammount only beard development

i dont want to derail your thread here, but your prob one of the smartest posters.

then how would Minoxidil promote beard growth? i just dont understand how that would be possible, with the scalp doesnt it just awaken old follices that died

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i dont want to derail your thread here, but your prob one of the smartest posters.

then how would Minoxidil promote beard growth? i just dont understand how that would be possible, with the scalp doesnt it just awaken old follices that died

minoxidil grows hair anywhere there are follicles. that is why it is a topical application. the pill version will grow hair everywhere, even in odd places you wouldn't expect there to be follicles like the earlobes/forehead.

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil grows hair anywhere there are follicles. that is why it is a topical application. the pill version will grow hair everywhere, even in odd places you wouldn't expect there to be follicles like the earlobes/forehead.

so if u got folliceles on ur forehead or nose, pre minoxdil, why arent they growing hairs, but after treatment they do?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
so if u got folliceles on ur forehead or nose, pre minoxdil, why arent they growing hairs, but after treatment they do?

the hairs are there they are just too small and thin to be seen until minoxidil gives them a boost

the human body has more hairs on it than that of a gorilla, the difference is the size of the hairs

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
the hairs are there they are just too small and thin to be seen until minoxidil gives them a boost

the human body has more hairs on it than that of a gorilla, the difference is the size of the hairs

holy fuk are u serious? thats crazy

i definately gonna go buy some minoxidil this week and use it on my face

u r a hero to the people here , a prophet one could say

diffuse2007

Reaction score
hi zzzz

have you noticed thinning above the side burns and or along the nape hair (retrograde alopecia) not dupa. apparently its very common with diffuse thinning and i have a similar pattern

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi zzzz

have you noticed thinning above the side burns and or along the nape hair (retrograde alopecia) not dupa. apparently its very common with diffuse thinning and i have a similar pattern

look at the comparison pics of my hairline, I think the area above the sideburns actually grew forward a little bit

diffuse2007

Reaction score
so your saying these areas are also sensitive to androgen's in some people or could it be some other alopecia? because my donor area hasn't thinned except behind the ears and above the sideburns which resembles retrograde alopecia although i'm scared it might be dupa in addition to Androgenetic Alopecia then i am pretty much screwed
very impressive results by the way.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
so your saying these areas are also sensitive to androgen's in some people or could it be some other alopecia? because my donor area hasn't thinned except behind the ears and above the sideburns which resembles retrograde alopecia although i'm scared it might be dupa in addition to Androgenetic Alopecia then i am pretty much screwed
very impressive results by the way.

there is a little triangle in the upper sideburns which are typically lost as a part of male pattern baldness. Look at picture of completely bald people, look at the way the area running from the sideburns to the temples are shaped, and compare it to perfect hairlines

diffuse2007

Reaction score
i see what you mean but what about behind the ears i have some thinning there but it doesn't go up any further also my father is nw7 and now at 50 has very thin donor hair do you think that's from male pattern baldness or something else? sorry to bother you with this but I'm really stressing it

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
i see what you mean but what about behind the ears i have some thinning there but it doesn't go up any further also my father is nw7 and now at 50 has very thin donor hair do you think that's from male pattern baldness or something else? sorry to bother you with this but I'm really stressing it

behind the ears is never affected by male pattern baldness, but these areas may appear slightly thinner compared to other permanent parts of the scalp sometimes which isn't abnormal

diffuse2007

Reaction score
IMGP2790.jpgIMGP2806.jpgIMGP2818.jpg
take a look at these and tell me what you think, on the ones with a buzzcut i have been applying minoxidil on the sides and on the first one i was about 2 months into treatment and haven't started treating the sides yet

Reactions: KSA

idunnolol

Reaction score
How old were you when male pattern baldness started to kick in for you and how much time had passed before you started doing something about it?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
How old were you when male pattern baldness started to kick in for you and how much time had passed before you started doing something about it?

Looking back at pics I could see early signs at 16 years old. Started dutasteride at 19 1/2

and diffuse your shaved head makes the density look normal on the sides

shookwun

Reaction score
retrograde alopecia (thinning on sides, and back)

diffuse2007

Reaction score
i had been applying minoxidil on the sides for 2 months with the buzz cut and i guess it looks fine now but why would there be thinning there in the first place. another experienced poster seems to think it's just male pattern baldness and i have sensitive follicles in those areas , any ideas zzzzz ? and is retrograde alopecia caused by androgen's or something else?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
i had been applying minoxidil on the sides for 2 months with the buzz cut and i guess it looks fine now but why would there be thinning there in the first place. another experienced poster seems to think it's just male pattern baldness and i have sensitive follicles in those areas , any ideas zzzzz ? and is retrograde alopecia caused by androgen's or something else?

I think its just like that and has always been that way but you never noticed. I don't think its thinning it looks to be at a totally normal density when shaved. I don't think you should put minoxidil on it. It's just the way your hair clumps together when you grow it out in combo with a harsh flash from the camera or lighting