Zeroheat's Story-(Temple loss, Big 3, 962 days update pg37)

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Zeroheat's Story-(Temple loss, Big 3, 649 days update pg 30)

1/4th Proscar: 649 days
Nizoral Shampoo: 642 days
Kirkland minoxidil: 608 days

I've been applying minoxidil only once a day (before bed, 1 ml) for about 6 months now. Hair still maintaining.
Very impressed with BIG 3.. I still have all of my hair.. I'm a lucky man..
I don't think I went through a shed recently. Maybe I didn't notice it because my hair is short. I don't really pay attention to my hair now since it's short and I'm in the army.. density is decent, hairline is decent and I feel good..

Oh by the way, I don't take any supplements.. and I still smoke cigarettes and drink occasionally. No sides really. Good erection as well

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 5,121
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 5,072
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 5,069

applezz

Reaction score

Hey zeroheat. My hair looks EXACTLY like yours when you first started. Same recession on temples and mid scalp. The box of equate minoxidil from walmart says it won't last longer than 48 weeks which is about a year, and you have maintained + switched to 1 a day minoxidil. Wow you really are lucky and I hope i get the same results as you. Btw, how were your parents hair? My dad has thick hair for his age but has Norwood 1-2 and he has 50yrs+ and my mom has thin hair. I only ask because our hair lines + thickness is the same when you first started and I'm also korean. And is there a update to how your hair is doing?

applezz

Reaction score

also, did you put minoxidil on your mid scalp or was that the finasteride that helped your hair grow there.

ItsARecession

Reaction score

Zero man, I just wanted to say how inspiring your story is. I'm rockin the same kinda hardcore temple recession right now, though a bit further back than yours was. It's just really nice to see a guy have success with his hairline for once! Thanks a lot for posting and sticking with the updates.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

applezz said:
Hey zeroheat. My hair looks EXACTLY like yours when you first started. Same recession on temples and mid scalp. The box of equate minoxidil from walmart says it won't last longer than 48 weeks which is about a year, and you have maintained + switched to 1 a day minoxidil. Wow you really are lucky and I hope i get the same results as you. Btw, how were your parents hair? My dad has thick hair for his age but has Norwood 1-2 and he has 50yrs+ and my mom has thin hair. I only ask because our hair lines + thickness is the same when you first started and I'm also korean. And is there a update to how your hair is doing?
My father is NW2.5. He is 50 something now and is starting to lose density on top as well. My mother doesn't have a great hair neither. My hair is still exactly the same. I apply minoxidil on mid-scalp as well, I think it was the combination of min/finasteride that grew hair in that region.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

ItsARecession said:
Zero man, I just wanted to say how inspiring your story is. I'm rockin the same kinda hardcore temple recession right now, though a bit further back than yours was. It's just really nice to see a guy have success with his hairline for once! Thanks a lot for posting and sticking with the updates.
Thank you, I plan to regularly update this thread basically forever. I know how tough hairloss issue can be..

JohnDoe1989

Reaction score

if it wasn't for nasty side effects from finasteride i think i could've match your results. but i had to stop after 5 months with very good and promising results. now i just use min with topical finasteride and i hope i can have decent results! you can consider yourself lucky that u don't have side effects from pills(other than hair grow) but unlucky cause u have to do this for life. gl m8!

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

JohnDoe1989 said:
if it wasn't for nasty side effects from finasteride i think i could've match your results. but i had to stop after 5 months with very good and promising results. now i just use min with topical finasteride and i hope i can have decent results! you can consider yourself lucky that u don't have side effects from pills(other than hair grow) but unlucky cause u have to do this for life. gl m8!
Good luck with your regimen!

applezz

Reaction score

since you switched to generic minoxidil. Isn't it hard applying the liquid minoxidil? I have a hard time applying that, especially applying evenly. So you apply it on the temple, midscalp and vertex? Any tips on applying it? =D I use the dropper that comes with it...I sometimes use a q-tip for my temples. And do you flake? I flake hard especially on the temples like a light sun burn.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

applezz said:
since you switched to generic minoxidil. Isn't it hard applying the liquid minoxidil? I have a hard time applying that, especially applying evenly. So you apply it on the temple, midscalp and vertex? Any tips on applying it? =D I use the dropper that comes with it...I sometimes use a q-tip for my temples. And do you flake? I flake hard especially on the temples like a light sun burn.
I have always been using generic kirkland minoxidil actually.. I just use a dropper and rub it with my fingers around temple and mid-scalp. I don't use q-tip just my fingers.. I used to flake hard in the beginning but it doesn't really flake anymore

applezz

Reaction score

I pray that I grow hair back on my temples like you. It's been about 2 1/2 weeks and my temple hairs MAYBE look a bit darker than before and MAYBE a TAD bit longer but it almost looks the same after 2 1/2 weeks. I hope the minoxidil kicks in...

carrotbumzz

Reaction score

hi Zero, my hair was just like yours which before you started the treatment, I said It was like yours because my hair now is much worst and I am so depressed. I'm in Texas and want to start Proscar but dont know where to get the description, could you tell me where did you get the prescription by any chance please? i appreciate it.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

carrotbumzz said:
hi Zero, my hair was just like yours which before you started the treatment, I said It was like yours because my hair now is much worst and I am so depressed. I'm in Texas and want to start Proscar but dont know where to get the description, could you tell me where did you get the prescription by any chance please? i appreciate it.
I live in Toronto and got mine at a local walk-in clinic..

applezz

Reaction score

so i have some good news and bad news. I do see some regrowth on my temple after 2months and a week or 2 but not as nearly as strong of a regrowth as yours. I'm just nervous that the regrowth has hit its limits and won't regrow as fast and strong as your temple. My regrowth atm is equal to your 1 month minoxidil. I switched brands of minoxidil from equate to kirkland. I hope my regrowth will speed up + thicken like your 3month+. Maybe I hvae to really rub my temples with the minoxidil. I have been using my finger but do you actually rub pretty hard on your temples?

STEE77

Reaction score

Looks awesome, I'm hoping for results as half as good as yours

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

@applezz: I rub it in hard, not THAT hard though

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score

Hey zeroheat, glad you're still having great success with your treatments. You were one of the reasons why I started my treatment. Early next year will be my 1 year anniversary( probably a better way of saying this but :dunno:) on finasteride. At the start of my treatment with finasteride, my temples were getting more dense but midway through the progress stopped and now the temples are receding slowly.

I want to add minoxidil to my regime but I'm sort of nervous of the side effects. Funny, because I'm taking finasteride which is suppose to be full of sides. Anyway, have you had any side effects from minoxidil like... dark circles, increase pore size, headaches and such?

Thanks and I'll keep looking for your updates here and there.

-- BTW, you only applied minoxidil to your temples and the spot at the back of your head correct? (.5ml for temples and .5ml for back of the head)?

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

PileOn said:
I want to add minoxidil to my regime but I'm sort of nervous of the side effects. Funny, because I'm taking finasteride which is suppose to be full of sides. Anyway, have you had any side effects from minoxidil like... dark circles, increase pore size, headaches and such?
My eyes were very tired for like 2-3 weeks and that was it..

PileOn said:
-- BTW, you only applied minoxidil to your temples and the spot at the back of your head correct? (.5ml for temples and .5ml for back of the head)?
Yes :)

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score

Just wanted to say that your success looks so awesome that I nearly can't wait 3 weeks to star big3. My starting situation is about same as yours was or maybe a bit better. I have always had strong hair so I really look forward to test this !

You said you had some problems with erection etc. but is it mostly normal now, I mean can you live a normal life with it ? And how old you were when you started the regimen ?

Thanks !