Your Experience Of Minoxidil, Good Or Bad.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you notice any change in regrowth when you went from 10% to 5%?

I am currently changing my minoxidil from 10 to 5 and am a little nervous that the progress will be affected..
Its difficult to say because I decided that Finasteride wasn't for me either as i was getting really bad side effects from it so i basically just went down to using the 5% without an AA. So i did lose ground but it is more than likely due to not using finasteride, when i introduced RU 3 months later it all grew back again after 2 months.

Personally i don't think that going from 10% to 5% will have much difference to you. I have to say that the best ever response i got to minoxidil was when i cycled 10% to 15% monthly but as i said at high doses it will age you. Maybe try 1 month 5%, 1 month 10% 1 month 5% etc.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks, i think i will get another 6 months of 10% instead of using the 5% i got :)

zarazakka

My Regimen
Reaction score
My experience with minoxidil has been great, I’m using it in conjunction with finasteride but I’m fairly sure the majority of my regrowth is down to minoxidil. I use foam in the morning and liquid at night, it easily fits into my routine, some days I only use it once. I think I experienced a shed in the beginning that made my hair look worse, then 4 months in it started to improve and has continued to improve since

The_Dragon

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use minoxidil (EssenGen-5 which has topical finasteride in it), and I added RU to it as well for good measure. I use it on my hairline, and it's been about 4 months, and only made it worse unfortunately. I do see some small hairs in some areas, but seems to have been outweighed by the damage done. I'm going to leave it for a couple more months then assess if I should drop it. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

popkorn

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my current situation.
First night dermarolling and scalp massaging.
Minoxidil: 2 months
Finasteride: 7-8 months.
Norwood scale: 2-3?
Summary: as bad as ever.

Attachments

• 1511CEB0-AB2B-47E2-A98E-29F41F9E4D9E.jpeg
    1511CEB0-AB2B-47E2-A98E-29F41F9E4D9E.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 634

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use minoxidil (EssenGen-5 which has topical finasteride in it), and I added RU to it as well for good measure. I use it on my hairline, and it's been about 4 months, and only made it worse unfortunately. I do see some small hairs in some areas, but seems to have been outweighed by the damage done. I'm going to leave it for a couple more months then assess if I should drop it. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I applied minoxidil to my crown for 3/4 months and noticed that it thinned it, plus i was getting bloated face etc so stopped. Been nearly 2 months now and i haven't noticed a shed or anything. Maybe it just didn't grow back many hairs. Finasteride takes a year or so to see full benefits, same with minoxidil so if you are not getting sides then i recommend you stick with it for a year.

The_Dragon

My Regimen
Reaction score
I applied minoxidil to my crown for 3/4 months and noticed that it thinned it, plus i was getting bloated face etc so stopped. Been nearly 2 months now and i haven't noticed a shed or anything. Maybe it just didn't grow back many hairs. Finasteride takes a year or so to see full benefits, same with minoxidil so if you are not getting sides then i recommend you stick with it for a year.

I haven't experienced any side effects. I will continue using it for a bit longer. I have just ordered a dermaroller as well to see if that helps at all. Thanks

Yousef

My Regimen
Reaction score
started my 9th month
I think I made a big mistake
seems minoxidil is not for me
all what am i getting is worse and worse results every week

seems its time to stop

Norbert Münz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, i think i will get another 6 months of 10% instead of using the 5% i got :)
Hi,

I'm thinking of changing from 15% minoxidil to 5% minoxidil and wanted to hear some experiences with changing to lower strength. Did you finally go from 10 to 5?? Did you loose ground because of this??

Regards

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Terrible experience the first time I used it. The alcohol in the solution can be just too much for some people and cause their skin to erupt and almost rott off with their hair. I have been using a different formulation of minoxidil for the last 3 months now though and that seems to not cause problems. I’m bummed that there’s no results yet though. I see good responders get results within three months. I guess I need more time or I’m just unlucky.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of changing from 15% minoxidil to 5% minoxidil and wanted to hear some experiences with changing to lower strength. Did you finally go from 10 to 5?? Did you loose ground because of this??

Regards
Hi, I changed from 10 to 5% and kept on 5% for a year, it was a bad idea and I lost some of my earlier gains. I am now back on 10% and things are getting better again.