Your Experience Of Minoxidil, Good Or Bad.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@rclark ; you use minoxidil 30 % ???
no sides effect with it ? such as dark circle or heart issue ?

I get really dark circles under my eyes, so I take it at night when I'm home.

I just restarted it recently.

At one time I did have a side effect, which in my opinion caused it. I'm not
a doctor, but I had it checked out by one.

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Spice_Lord

I've said it here, and other posts here, many times, Minoxidil by itself is
NOT a PERMANENT solution. Seriously, would you like me to use
a language translator app and cut and paste it for you?

Now, before call me a liar again, here's some facts for you. You obviously
have no clue what you're talking about, because there are MANY vendors
that sell concentrated Minoxidil. Just google it, or use Yahoo, Bing, or any other
search engine you know.

And here is one of many places you can concentrated Minoxidil from (but why would anybody
get this without an anti androgen hair loss medication for hair loss , is a mystery to me):

30_Minoxidil.jpg

I only use this because I'm growing my hair long, at this point in time (or
maybe not, because I have a bad receded hairline, and it might not look
that good).

Spice_Lord

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Spice_Lord

I've said it here, and other posts here, many times, Minoxidil by itself is
NOT a PERMANENT solution. Seriously, would you like me to use
a language translator app and cut and paste it for you?

Now, before call me a liar again, here's some facts for you. You obviously
have no clue what you're talking about, because there are MANY vendors
that sell concentrated Minoxidil. Just google it, or use Yahoo, Bing, or any other
search engine you know.

And here is one of many places you can concentrated Minoxidil from (but why would anybody
get this without an anti androgen hair loss medication for hair loss , is a mystery to me):

View attachment 89995

I only use this because I'm growing my hair long, at this point in time (or
maybe not, because I have a bad receded hairline, and it might not look
that good).

Go look up solubility data for Minoxidil, you'll find that it isn't able to solubilize at levels as high as 300 mg/mL, not even close. You still never answered what vehicle it is dissolved in, so there is no point in arguing anymore because you cannot produce any evidence. Whatever 30% product you are buying, is a scam.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go look up solubility data for Minoxidil, you'll find that it isn't able to solubilize at levels as high as 300 mg/mL, not even close. You still never answered what vehicle it is dissolved in, so there is no point in arguing anymore because you cannot produce any evidence. Whatever 30% product you are buying, is a scam.

Wow @Spice_Lord :oops:,

Did you know there are WEBSITES YOU CAN DO SEARCHES ON??? ;)

IS GOOGLE REALLY A WEBSITE?

Why do I keep getting a response when I type things in on this site?

https://www.google.com/

Spice_Lord

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you google 30% minoxidil you'll figure out it is most likely a scam if in solution or an ineffective product in a cream suspension.

The point isn't to search google for the elusive magic minoxidil crystals, when someone right here is claiming to be using a product successfully, and yet cannot just say, "Hey, I'm getting this product from x" or if making it yourself saying, "Hey, I am actually using x solvent to dissolve successfully". Instead, you posted some weird screenshot of cut-off words, and appear to know nothing about a product you are claiming to apply daily, which I find highly unbelievable.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you google 30% minoxidil you'll figure out it is most likely a scam if in solution or an ineffective product in a cream suspension.

The point isn't to search google for the elusive magic minoxidil crystals, when someone right here is claiming to be using a product successfully, and yet cannot just say, "Hey, I'm getting this product from x" or if making it yourself saying, "Hey, I am actually using x solvent to dissolve successfully". Instead, you posted some weird screenshot of cut-off words, and appear to know nothing about a product you are claiming to apply daily, which I find highly unbelievable.

When someone tries to act intelligent, that's a sign they are really are FAKE!

Who is claiming it successfully worked for me? YOU, KETCHUP MAN!

Stop trying to tell me what the "point" is.

The only point is I'm wasting time talking to "IDIOT LORD".

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My experience has been good and bad. Initially went through the first shed then started to get some nice regrowth and thickening... 3 months later my hair started shedding and I went below baseline pretty quickly. Hair looks bad now, no signs of regrowth unfortunately.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those that have gotten results from minoxidil I have some questions:

1. Were you guys also taking an anti-androgen (finasteride, duta, ru) along with the minoxidil?

2. Did you guys experience the dreaded initial shedding?

3. If you did experience shedding, does it only cause shedding in the areas you apply the minoxidil or will minoxidil applied in one area cause shedding throughout the whole scalp?

1) Everyone says you NEED an antiandrogen with minoxidil, but absolutes are usually proven wrong. When I was 19 I had a balding area on the crown and used minoxidil for 6 months. It worked and I stopped and was fine for 10yrs. Maybe I didn't have male pattern baldness at the time, though if I posted on here everyone would say I had it! Right now I am once again not using an Anti androgen though based on my age and family history am willing to start one up after using Minoxidil for 3 months.

2) Each time I used it (before and recently starting up again) I went through intense sheds to the point where this time around it made my hair worse initially. It was relentless.

3) It will most likely cause it everywhere. For me I was shedding even from the sides and back of my head.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For anyone that minoxidil benefited, did it have any noticeable effect upon the itch? The itch for me is at time unbearable. It drives me absolutely insane. I know post-application you can expect some itchiness, but that doesn't surprising me necessarily as putting anything in your hair that stiffens it can be irritating. I want to know if--especially for the people it has helped--the benefits of hair maintenance or regrowth have come coupled with reduced male pattern baldness itch. TELL ME. I'm jumping on this f*****g train soon...

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
For anyone that minoxidil benefited, did it have any noticeable effect upon the itch? The itch for me is at time unbearable. It drives me absolutely insane. I know post-application you can expect some itchiness, but that doesn't surprising me necessarily as putting anything in your hair that stiffens it can be irritating. I want to know if--especially for the people it has helped--the benefits of hair maintenance or regrowth have come coupled with reduced male pattern baldness itch. TELL ME. I'm jumping on this f*****g train soon...

I never had this itch unless I was using something topically that was itchy. Minoxidil most likely will not help this however I would advise using the foam as opposed to liquid if your scalp is already itchy. Also regular head massage for a long duration should help along with antifungals or essential oils.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil for 11 months and it's been an overall good experience. It has not aged my face or done anything negative. I've even grown to love the foam, now that I know how to work with it a bit it's by far the best styling product I've ever used...can really make your hair look thicker if you know what to do with it.

popkorn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking minoxidil for about two months now... no awesome results yet, haven’t compared with baseline. What bothers me is that almost everyone here is either using a greasy liquid or a foam.
I got a liquid spray from an online chemist, which required an actual script, so I thought it was all good.
Am I messing around with snake oil?

popkorn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did you get a script for something that is over the counter?

It isn’t actually. Can’t get it over the counter in South Africa. Probably so you have to pay consultation fees etc.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been taking minoxidil for about two months now... no awesome results yet, haven’t compared with baseline. What bothers me is that almost everyone here is either using a greasy liquid or a foam.
I got a liquid spray from an online chemist, which required an actual script, so I thought it was all good.
Am I messing around with snake oil?
I think most suppliers have both a spray and a drip thing in the box, i just removed the cap and added the spray and it worked great.

I think the reason people dont use a spray is if they have long hair (longer than 2mm) since the fluid sticks on the hair instead of on the scalp.

I used my minoxidil for 4 months now, you can expect tyo start seing results after about 12 weeks :), just hang in there!

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone think dermarolling was the result of me getting increased sides from minoxidil like bloated face? im guessing more goes systematic if using a dermaroller.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did it take for your face to recover until you stopped taking minoxidil?

Not long after, maybe a week or two.The fucked up thing in my case is, if my hair is getting better my face takes a hit from the low dht and collagen and vice versa.

I’m destined to be a Norwood 6 down the road, so it’s FUE for me or a miracle cure.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have taken minoxidil for a long time probably 20+ years and only had problems with the higher strength versions.

The 10% cream from a well known London clinic was without doubt the worst for my face, i probably aged 5 years in the 12 months that i used it. The 15% Dr Lee minoxidil gave me eye bags, heart palpitations and dry skin but was the most effective for my hair regrowth.

I'm sticking with the 5% foam as it doesn't really bloat my face and styles my hair well although its not recommended for old fellas like me.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
I have taken minoxidil for a long time probably 20+ years and only had problems with the higher strength versions.

The 10% cream from a well known London clinic was without doubt the worst for my face, i probably aged 5 years in the 12 months that i used it. The 15% Dr Lee minoxidil gave me eye bags, heart palpitations and dry skin but was the most effective for my hair regrowth.

I'm sticking with the 5% foam as it doesn't really bloat my face and styles my hair well although its not recommended for old fellas like me.
Did you notice any change in regrowth when you went from 10% to 5%?

I am currently changing my minoxidil from 10 to 5 and am a little nervous that the progress will be affected..