Your Experience Of Minoxidil, Good Or Bad. | Page 3 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Your Experience Of Minoxidil, Good Or Bad.

Discussion in 'Growth Stimulants - Rogaine, Minoxidil, Tricomin,' started by Funkymonk1, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Murkey Thumb

Murkey Thumb Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Its difficult to say because I decided that Finasteride wasn't for me either as i was getting really bad side effects from it so i basically just went down to using the 5% without an AA. So i did lose ground but it is more than likely due to not using finasteride, when i introduced RU 3 months later it all grew back again after 2 months.

Personally i don't think that going from 10% to 5% will have much difference to you. I have to say that the best ever response i got to minoxidil was when i cycled 10% to 15% monthly but as i said at high doses it will age you. Maybe try 1 month 5%, 1 month 10% 1 month 5% etc.

reuters likes this.
  2. reuters

reuters Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, i think i will get another 6 months of 10% instead of using the 5% i got :)

3. zarazakka

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    My experience with minoxidil has been great, I’m using it in conjunction with finasteride but I’m fairly sure the majority of my regrowth is down to minoxidil. I use foam in the morning and liquid at night, it easily fits into my routine, some days I only use it once. I think I experienced a shed in the beginning that made my hair look worse, then 4 months in it started to improve and has continued to improve since

reuters likes this.
  4. The_Dragon

The_Dragon New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I use minoxidil (EssenGen-5 which has topical finasteride in it), and I added RU to it as well for good measure. I use it on my hairline, and it's been about 4 months, and only made it worse unfortunately. I do see some small hairs in some areas, but seems to have been outweighed by the damage done. I'm going to leave it for a couple more months then assess if I should drop it. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

5. popkorn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    This is my current situation.
    First night dermarolling and scalp massaging.
    Minoxidil: 2 months
    Finasteride: 7-8 months.
    Norwood scale: 2-3?
    Summary: as bad as ever.

Attached Files:

6. Derelict

Derelict Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I applied minoxidil to my crown for 3/4 months and noticed that it thinned it, plus i was getting bloated face etc so stopped. Been nearly 2 months now and i haven't noticed a shed or anything. Maybe it just didn't grow back many hairs. Finasteride takes a year or so to see full benefits, same with minoxidil so if you are not getting sides then i recommend you stick with it for a year.

7. The_Dragon

The_Dragon New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I haven't experienced any side effects. I will continue using it for a bit longer. I have just ordered a dermaroller as well to see if that helps at all. Thanks

8. Yousef

Yousef New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    started my 9th month
    I think I made a big mistake
    seems minoxidil is not for me
    all what am i getting is worse and worse results every week

seems its time to stop

9. Norbert Münz

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi,

I'm thinking of changing from 15% minoxidil to 5% minoxidil and wanted to hear some experiences with changing to lower strength. Did you finally go from 10 to 5?? Did you loose ground because of this??

Regards

10. -Synergy-

-Synergy- Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Terrible experience the first time I used it. The alcohol in the solution can be just too much for some people and cause their skin to erupt and almost rott off with their hair. I have been using a different formulation of minoxidil for the last 3 months now though and that seems to not cause problems. I’m bummed that there’s no results yet though. I see good responders get results within three months. I guess I need more time or I’m just unlucky.

11. reuters

reuters Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, I changed from 10 to 5% and kept on 5% for a year, it was a bad idea and I lost some of my earlier gains. I am now back on 10% and things are getting better again.