Young and balding

zephyr31

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: JOE-91's Story - (18 And losing hair rapidly)

Actually mate, reading your posts id just forget about it, your taking everything you read to heart, its like your looking for as many reasons not to take this stuff, your just wanting to be talked out of it.

Iv got small red marks on my body, i bet you £20 i could find a post on the internet that would guarantee that propecia had caused them, even though i now know they are harmless. the internet has great knowledge, its also got 100000x more of stupid stuff.

the fact of the matter is that if some people get an illness etc when they are on finasteride, they say IT MUST BE THE finasteride THATS CAUSED IT.

if you get bad sides with finasteride stop taking it?, crazy eh.

You are going bald very early, its most deffo not due to anything other than male pattern baldness, its a cruel thing to have happen to you, especially at 18, deal with it or fight it.

iv been using finasteride for 1 year, and minoxidil for 3 months, its saved my hair and regrown, life with hair is good.

on_a_plain

Reaction score

finasteride makes your penis softer. it has a side-effect like "penile fibrosis". yes u re true. i used to et this feeling it make a man live like a transsexual :woot: you jerk off when you want but somethings different from past.

you probably find yourself in the list reported side effects of finasteride.

* Loss of Libido/Sex Drive
* Erectile Dysfunction
* Loss of Morning / Spontaneous / Nocturnal Erections
* Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, curving, numbness, wrinkled)
* Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
* Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
* Forgetfullness (can't recall names, places etc) / Losing Train of Thought
* Stumbling over Words / Getting Tongue Tied
* Lack of Motivation
* Penis Feels "disconnected" from head or body
* Watery Ejaculate
* Reduced Ejaculate
* Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
* Testicular Pain
* Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
* Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
* Depression
* Persistent or Unexplainable Fatigue
* Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
* Weight Gain
* Gynecomastia (male breasts)

Some of the less common side effects experienced are:

* Blurry vision/acuity decrease

* Lowered body temperature / decreased metabolism

* Decreased Immunity

* Enlarged Prostate (via increased Estrogens after Finasteride use)

* Penile tissue scarring/Peyronie's Disease (this has been confirmed with ultrasounds, by a quite a few Finasteride sufferers, and ultrasounds and Dr. Irwin Goldstein has confirmed that it is possible)

* Lack of blood flow to the penis (confirmed by numerous Urologists)

* Dry/Dark circles under eyes (unknown how Finasteride causes this but reported by many users)

* Pancreatitis (confirmed in a research report from Taiwan)

* Liver damage (elevated AST/ALT levels)

* Muscle Wasting (due to low T levels)

personally, my mind rejects to live with that kind of list rather than lose some hair.

zephyr31

Established Member
Reaction score

moron? for an 18 year old guy thats about to go totally bald you have a big mouth.

Over worrying about finasteride sides can actually cause erection problems, thats merely what i was trying to inform you, its a known issue. you just come across as a hypochondriac to me and i was saying that you could maybe look into that also alongwith legitimate sides.

good luck in uni, your gonna need it slick(ouch im bad).

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
DID you NOT read any of my last post you moron?

READ the side effects that I personally have been having over the last two days. I AM ON finasteride!

I don't need those stories to put me off anymore, what I have experienced over the last two days has been nothing short of horrific. I just put those in to show that my side effects are exactly the same as many others.

I can see why doctors don't recommend it to young people, It's OK for older folk to just pop a v**** and not feel as though they have lost there dignity, but at my age, it's totally f***ed up.

Oh, so your saying that the fact that my penis felt 'dead' for two days is a new illness I have just got?

I would rather be bald, and as sexually active as an 18 year old should be than someone with hair, constantly worrying whether the medication there taking now will not only ruin there sexual life now, but could totally ruin it in the future.

yeah joe the guys trying to help u, if ur so worried about ur dick get off it, i had the same thing for a few days and it went away. actually, i also had brain fog, coulnd feel my penis, gyno, sore nipples, watery sperm but it all went away, stop being a wuss and keep with it, and man come on, it sure as hell aint "horrific" all these stories have messed with ur mind, if u want to keep ur hair stay on them.

zephyr31

Established Member
Reaction score

I really do wish you luck, and i apologise for not reading all your posts.

To give you an idea, i was going bald, 1 year ago i decided (after massive research) to go on finasteride, hair loss stopped and got good regrowth, i then used minoxidil and regrowth was superb.

Getting sides at the start is your body adjusting to the finasteride, its actually a good sign that your gear is the genuine stuff, i got serious ball ache for a few weeks, when i started using minoxidil my head was bursting. your sides do seem severe, but stick in and give it a few more weeks, iv never heard of anyone getting long term problems with using finasteride for a few months. and its normally accepted that finasteride is out of your system in around 12 hours after you stop.

Its WORTH the chance, because its the best feeling out there getting your hair back and being young your chances of getting it back are ALOT higher.

Also, these forums are superb, use them as your main information and forget the finasteride hating sites. If we were all having serious problems it would be all over these forums as we pretty much are all using it.

good luck and stick in.

on_a_plain

Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
Update on Trichologist visit:

He basically said that I am not losing my hair, and I will have my current hair pattern until I'm 30. The reason I have less follicles on the top of my head, is because my skull shape has changed, and there is just simply more space between hairs on the top.

wow i like this point of view!, skull shape!!

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score

on_a_plain said:
[quote="JOE-91":2uono8t9]Update on Trichologist visit:

He basically said that I am not losing my hair, and I will have my current hair pattern until I'm 30. The reason I have less follicles on the top of my head, is because my skull shape has changed, and there is just simply more space between hairs on the top.

wow i like this point of view!, skull shape!![/quote:2uono8t9]

yup makes sense. Skull grows bigger==>the skin streches==>more space between follicles. :woot: :woot: :youbet: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score

Joe your hair is not bad, so they are right when they tell you it's not. Parents will never tell you that you have hairloss unless it's very obvious. I went to a good derm, he filled me precription for propecia and minoxidil, and when i discussed it with my mother she said that i am not losing my hair and she doubted the doctors opinion! I am 4 years on treatments, and when my mother sees that i have a can of "rogaine" in the bathroom, she tells me that the hairloss i had "back then" was a seasonal shed and i shouldn't put this crap on my scalp!

Don't search for dermatologists on the internet, visit someone near your place, or ask your physician or pharmacist to suggest you someone. Don't judge your hairloss based on your relatives' opinions, but on what your eyes see. Most times when you think you are losing your hair it is true. Nobody knows your hair better than you do.

h82bebald

Established Member
Reaction score

why did you drop finasteride? Family members don't notice you're balding till it gets pretty bad. You look good with a buzz cut btw, I buzz mine with a no guard twice a week.

lpm2

Reaction score

I went to boots for their hair retention programme.

To be honest, Its not hard to tell that I was going through male pattern baldness, but its gootd to check out.

For what it's worth, I can see that there is light male pattern baldness in your photos, but i have to agree that its not that bad. I guess if you grew it out it wouldnt be a good idea - for now.

I think you've reacted how i did, which was get over worried about it and let it take over your life.

In reality, its not that bad, but you start really looking into every little difference or change and getting upset about it.

In the last 2 weeks or so i've just tried to relax about it, and whisper it quietly, its probably going to help my hair (the last two days i've noticed a difference).

The more worrying you do, the more you increase the hair loss.

get on the meds if you want to go that route, and then go from there.

For what its worth, you look better with less hair than you did pre male pattern baldness!

apologies if i've made a wrong assumption

h82bebald

Established Member
Reaction score

haha I look like a thug myself but some girls like that sort of thing. You do look good though(no homo) so I wouldn't worry much about it. I myself think I look good without hair. I don't have any recommendations for a derm since I'm in chicago. You do look like you have the same type of balding as me which is diffuse thinning all over the top. Just keep on the meds and don't think too much about it.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score

looking like a child in this pics....ha ha haaaaaa.

i think you dont have too much body hair .in this case take a example strange karma success story........

please have look at that....

h82bebald

Established Member
Reaction score

haha man don't look into that. I have a bump on the back of my head and noone notices it. Its pretty big too.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score

I think I will leave going to the Derm if things go any worse, exactly what do they do? just assess the hairloss? It's not worth me getting checked for any thyroid problems etc is it?[/quote]

joe, stay on the propecia, i doubt things will get worse.

kaosi

Established Member
Reaction score

Are you On finasteride now ??

litcII

Reaction score

Hey Joe-91, hows the 0.5mg finasteride working for you now? Are you still getting side effects?

h82bebald

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
h82bebald said:
haha man don't look into that. I have a bump on the back of my head and noone notices it. Its pretty big too.

Have you committed to going sly then?

I think I will leave going to the Derm if things go any worse, exactly what do they do? just assess the hairloss? It's not worth me getting checked for any thyroid problems etc is it?
well I do buzz it twice a week with a no guard on the clippers.
I would get everything checked out if you can afford it. My derm just checked out my head and I told him I was already on finasteride. he asked me if I had any sides and I said nope, cause I didn't.

midwaykid

Reaction score

Personally I think you look better with just a little bit of coverage and a size 0 shave with the clippers..... Shaving your head with a razor takes too long and looks weird!

mickeyss191

Reaction score

Man, I completely get what you mean, we're the same age and have pretty similar hair situations. I've been through terrible bouts of depression in the last few years, hair related and otherwise. But still, you have way too much hair to be joining the shaved head brigade. Grow it a bit and with the right cut no-one would even notice your hair loss! I'm no expert but I'd say you still have 90-95% of your hair.

And for god's sake don't drop out of Uni! I think you need to focus on all the good things you've got going for you, ie. you're in excellent shape, going to Uni and getting qualifications, etc. Persist with the treatments because hey, they might just work!

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

DUDE you are OVERreacting..
My hair is probably worse than yours when shaved, but I grow it out a bit and with some hair wax, NO ONE can notice my hair loss. Grow it out and try Jude Law style above. I bet no one will notice it.