Young and balding

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: JOE-91's Story - (18 and diffuse thinning)

JOE-91 said:
Just to update you guys, I have decided I'm going to accept going Bald. Im shaving it to a number 1 already and really don't mind it and my confidence is high. Instead of the ridiculous hassle of all this medication and foam, and whatever else, I'm going to focus on a bald routine, wet shaving my head and applying the matte look stuff to avoid shine, hit the gym and take pride in other aspects of myself rather than my hair. The only time I ever really care about my hair at the moment is when I see someone with a really cool hairstyle. If you look around at 90% of men, they either have sh*t hair, or are balding.

I would love to keep that dark stubble look on my head, but the horror stories about propecia whether they are true or false scare me too much.

hey joe, if i was u id get on propecia, u have the chance of maintaing ur hair 10 years with it, its ur choice, but without propecia ur just going to lose ur hair, and u might regret not doing something about it in the future, know what i mean? if u can keep ur hair u should get on propecia, the side effects are blown out of proportion, i had some side effects when i started it but they dissapeared and dont experience anything like them anymore, its easier to maintain than regrow and without propecia whatever u lose will not grow back unless u have a hair transplant. get on propecia

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
Just to update you guys, I have decided I'm going to accept going Bald. Im shaving it to a number 1 already and really don't mind it and my confidence is high. Instead of the ridiculous hassle of all this medication and foam, and whatever else, I'm going to focus on a bald routine, wet shaving my head and applying the matte look stuff to avoid shine, hit the gym and take pride in other aspects of myself rather than my hair. The only time I ever really care about my hair at the moment is when I see someone with a really cool hairstyle. If you look around at 90% of men, they either have sh*t hair, or are balding.

I would love to keep that dark stubble look on my head, but the horror stories about propecia whether they are true or false scare me too much.

hey joe, if i was u id get on propecia, u have the chance of maintaing ur hair 10 years with it, its ur choice, but without propecia ur just going to lose ur hair, and u might regret not doing something about it in the future, know what i mean? if u can keep ur hair u should get on propecia, the side effects are blown out of proportion, i had some side effects when i started it but they dissapeared and dont experience anything like them anymore, its easier to maintain than regrow and without propecia whatever u lose will not grow back unless u have a hair transplant. get on propecia

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
patrik said:
[quote="JOE-91":3znu0bbu]Just to update you guys, I have decided I'm going to accept going Bald. Im shaving it to a number 1 already and really don't mind it and my confidence is high. Instead of the ridiculous hassle of all this medication and foam, and whatever else, I'm going to focus on a bald routine, wet shaving my head and applying the matte look stuff to avoid shine, hit the gym and take pride in other aspects of myself rather than my hair. The only time I ever really care about my hair at the moment is when I see someone with a really cool hairstyle. If you look around at 90% of men, they either have sh*t hair, or are balding.

My balding at 18 is already aggressive, within a few years I bet I will have to take large quantities daily, and I'm sure that will have serious consequences in the long term.

Are there any stats about propecia? how many men use it worldwide?[/quote:3znu0bbu]

hey joe, millions of men use it worldwide, theres a 9 out of 10 chance ull keep ur hair after 5 years, after ur first pill man.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

try using a sharp brand new razor blade

and free hand it

the pill cutter your using is most likely dull
i was having the same problem will my razor blade method
until i used a brand new blade

cut like butter

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
Update:

I have been on fincar, roughly 1.0 per day for 9 days now. Already my semen is turning watery, but no other side effects apart from that. Is it wise to carry on and see what happens?

yup stick with it. Keep in mind that gyno does not happen overnight but needs months to develop, and that your body might need some time to adjust to the treatment. Relax and if you don't get any serious side effect until one month mark it's unlikely that you will experience any later...

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
Update:

I have been on fincar, roughly 1.0 per day for 9 days now. Already my semen is turning watery, but no other side effects apart from that. Is it wise to carry on and see what happens?

in my personal experience

the watery semen is a temporary side effect

i think it goes away when your body adjusts to the meds

tooyoungforthiscrap

Established Member
Reaction score

I think my semen was a bit wattery around the first couple weeks on finasteride but it quickly went back to normal. Keep on it, from the looks of it most sides are short lived.

Reaction score

my own story, for what its worth:
took propecia for 3 years. watery seaman and decreased sex drive the whole time. i dont mean to scare you. watery seaman never really bothered me too much, and the sex drive thing wasnt an issue until VERY recently, but it was enough for me to get off it.

everyone reacts differently and, imo, its definitely worth a shot since it DID help with my hair loss

on_a_plain

Reaction score

dont worry hairs are maturing.. :innocent:

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
Hi guys,

I am considering seeing my doctor for blood tests, to see whether I am getting enough Iron or something. Is it likely that they will be angry over the fact that I have been taking Fincar without a prescription?

Also, I am seeing hair loss and nails mentioned but can;t find any further information, how are these related?

If propecia is approved in your country, just tell him that you use propecia, it doesn't matter if you have prescription or not.

If it's not approved, he might not even know about finasteride for hairloss if he is not a dermatologist. Everything is possible. If you don't have issues that you shouldn't be allowed to use finasteride, then he can't tell you to stop treating your hairloss!

DHR

Reaction score

I've just started uni, I'm in exactly the same boat.....ah well?

lpm2

Reaction score
Re: JOE-91's Story - (18 And losing hair rapidly)

looks good shaved. Stick on the propecia, get on some minoxidil, try not to worry about it... not worth missing lectures over!

nice mp3 mixer BTW, is that vestax?

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score

dude don't drop minoxidil yet...

Caesar

Reaction score

I can't really make out a horseshoe, but either way it looks pretty good with a close buzz.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score

joe how is the family history of hairloss? anyone bald before they were 30? could be why ur losing hair so fast at 18. im sure the propecia will stop it though.

on_a_plain

Reaction score

when you reach mid 20's and if lucky enough to stabilize the loss on norwood 3 its good for you. but a crown area ithcing may be norwood 5 sign if we talk on after mid 20's.

pray for 3. good luck.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
[quote="on_a_plain":t59gclby]when you reach mid 20's and if lucky enough to stabilize the loss on norwood 3 its good for you. but a crown area ithcing may be norwood 5 sign if we talk on after mid 20's.

pray for 3. good luck.

I don't think I am a norwood. The whole of the top of my head is thinning, but becoming very bald at the crown and im getting an island at the front. It's happening that fast that I don't care about mid 20's I will be grateful to have some hair until im 21.

My dad went bald mid 20's I think, not sure about grandparents. My older brother who is 24 has a great hairline, there's too much if anything, but he has been going a bit grey for a while and he looks as if he might thin at the crown in the future. I am mixed race btw.[/quote:t59gclby]

man if ur dad was bald mid twenties im pretty sure u got his genes. id stay on propecia and it should give keep ur hair for years, otherwise im pretty sure ull lose ur hair the same age he did.

on_a_plain

Reaction score

as soon as you get used to this, life is going on, my mind doesnt agree live with everyday thinking my hair and pop up some for this, it makes me depressive and obessive. on the other hand hair loss is a requirement for puberty and maturing facial shape. maybe you born to be a man like very matured hairline(do not name it just bald) . everyone is different.you can not live with marty mcfly hair(http://evidentfuture.files.wordpress.co ... enikes.jpg) just imagine that propecia gives you full head of hair. you want to go back in time to get back your 17 y.o. hair but it s not possible, look forward grow beard. hair not only thing to worry about.

zephyr31

Established Member
Reaction score

Dont worry about your doctor, in the UK you can get Propecia prescriptions online with just filling in a form.

The good news is that your young, the young respond better.

get on finasteride asap, and id deffo use minoxidil, once per day, you have a shaved head, applying it will take 30 seconds.

The drugs DO WORK. personally having hair is amazing, id hate to be totally bald, the risks are very much worth it, Telogen Effluvium finasteride haters are normally people that didnt have any results.

remember you need to be on these things for a minimum of 6+ months before you can tell if its working.

just read about your sides, its quite possible your talking yourself into them, take the meds and just relax, i know for a fact when im overly worried i cannot get an erection.

good luck.