Young and balding

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Re: JOE-91's story

Why are you going back on finasteride, if you already know how bad side effects it's going to give you? It won't help you at all. Finasteride is finasteride, poison is poison, generic or not.
Have you experienced any recovery with the red patch and erection quality after quitting Fincar or is it still as bad? Taking more will probably only make it worse.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Don't go on finasteride imo.

You have tried it, wasn't for you, let it go.

I'm interested to see what you will use, I am thinking of coming off finasteride also, so the aim is to maintain.

Your head shape is fine. Looks similar to Thierry Henry. You are lucky because of your skin colour. It really suits you. Keep the facial hair also, looks good.

Lucky bastard. :)

Boondock

Reaction score

For once I agree with Fanjeera. Generally poor responders to finasteride will remain poor responders to finasteride. I had a bad time on it, so I stopped. I tried again a year later, and the same thing happened. Tried lowering the dose and everything else, but no cigar.

Honestly, I think you probably looked better with hair, but you do look great bald. Nobody's going to notice the 'bump' on the top of your head. I noticed it because you mentioned it, but otherwise it wouldn't have occurred to me. And I look out for these things more than non-balding people do.

By all means give finasteride another shot; but if it doesn't work out at least you've got a decent alternative.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Very unlikely you will get sides from Rogaine.

What is your aim?

Have you thought about using a regime that will keep what you have without using finasteride?

something like:

Nizrol
Dr. Lee's spironolactone cream
Rogaine

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I am on Rogaine 5% foam and Nizoar 2% alone at the moment.My Doctor is a bit reluctant to prescribe me finasteride but I hope he prescribes it soon as I feel this is the right time for me to try it.

fluffy123

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah, you definitely suit the shaved look mate, can definitely run with that look.

I'm in a similar sort of situation to you with toying with dropping the finasteride as I've been on it for 15 months and progress is minimal. When i used just minoxidil in the past, it seemed to improve on a better level, this time not so so I'm wondering if the finasteride is hindering the minoxidil progress. Looks like you dropped it more for side effects though?

Good luck anyway!

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I mainly use it in the frontal region,hairline,temples and one little spot in the back.I initially had a few vellus hairs popping up all along my hairline,now they are getting darker and I can see some hair growth in my temples as well.BTW I apply it only once a day.

Galaxy86

Reaction score

mpbsux20 said:
I mainly use it in the frontal region,hairline,temples and one little spot in the back.I initially had a few vellus hairs popping up all along my hairline,now they are getting darker and I can see some hair growth in my temples as well.BTW I apply it only once a day.
any changes to your skin? Any extra black circles or extra wrinkles? or bloated face?

Thanks

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Galaxy86 said:
mpbsux20 said:
any changes to your skin? Any extra black circles or extra wrinkles? or bloated face?

Thanks

Nah man haven't really noticed any of those apart from appearance of darker hair and increase in hair density along my hairline :) ...I moisturize my skin regularly which might help as well.I believe if you are not allergic to the stuff,it wont do any harm to your skin and only the alcohol in it could dry your skin up but this can be prevented with a good moisturizing lotion.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I had acne while using minoxidil for the first month.Maybe its due to some kinda of systemic or allergic reaction to it or increase in body heat as a result of using it.I had them mainly on the face close to the temples but once my body got used to min,they all disappeared.

blink

Established Member
Reaction score

i want to know how a person who is off of propecia (or taking it eod) and has only been on rogaine for a few weeks can have 30+pages of response while someone like zeroheat has only 8 pages (and has really nice results) :dunno: :woot: lol

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Because Joe is young,has real problems[side-effects] with the drugs and needs our help & support.While Zeroheat is doing just fine with the drugs and his hairloss is not as severe as Joe's. :)

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Don't take Retin-A! Its mechanism is the same as finasteride's and people get very similar permanent side effects. It probably also blocks 5ar to dry the skin.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

You should know what I'm talking about. Did you experience any skin dryness when playing with your 5ar2?
DHT keeps the skin moisturized and naturally oily. For some people this means acne and to fight that they also need to block DHT (by blocking enzymes and who knows what more) and become unhealthy.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Minoxidil inhibits collagen and you need collagen to keep your skin looking smooth and wrinkle-free.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score

@ Joe-91
Admittedly, not everyone can pull off the slick bald look.... but you look great. Good facial structure and a decent shaped head imo. Fighting hair loss is an unrelenting fight where you need to invest copious amounts of time and money. There is an abundance of side-effects associated with 'treatment' and for many the results are often negligible.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why people go through this but for you I really don't think it's neccessary. From your earlier photos you kinda remind me of Thiery Henry, and every girl I know would kill to get near him. You'd have no problem clearing up at my uni (Cardiff).

Seriously, just keep shaving it and shed the shackles of hair loss treatment.

Ps. Did you go hallam or sheffield sheffield? Got friends that went sheffield to study, some great nights out there :D