You might be more trustworthy if...

resu

Reaction score
I can see how it would be easy to think that way. Other demographics in the past that have been met with severe prejudice over time have come to be accepted and even embraced by society, and thus become protected entities. Baldness be it man or woman is not a protected entity in our society and as you yourself say it becomes permissible to mock and demean us while simultaneously downplaying the suffering THAT THEY ARE CREATING!!! So because I'm bald that makes me a creep?! Despite being a hard working loving parent just trying my best to get by I have to be branded with some stereotype because of my genetics? Nobody is standing up in my defense, calling out offenders as "Baldists". Yes it's unfair and I wish society can grow up and evolve past this silly vain prejudice for baldness and embrace us amongst the whole. But that may as well be science fiction, Gene Rodenburry style.

There would have to be a massive campaign, there would have to be balding pop stars, balding superheroes... What we have is balding characters made to be mocked like George Costanza, heck even Dr. Phil that gets into the public's subconscious. I really liked this character that Tom Cruise played in Tropic Thunder:

[video=youtube;dROwEc4VyJA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dROwEc4VyJA[/video]

Read the comments on the clip.

Ok I forgot about Jason Staham, Bruce Willis and Vin Diesel but you get the point, a balding pop star would be breaking barrier because you have to change people's perception when they're still young, this is the main issue balding discrimination of young male adults.

If Bieber started balding at 19-22, specially if he had the worse balding pattern which you can't hide like NW5 thinning, type A where the hairline keeps getting higher or thinning vertex he would be mocked and targeted into oblivion by the tabloids and fans, he would be dropped so fast.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Any young famous star would do everything he can (and he would have the resources to do so), to cover up the hairloss. Hairloss translates directly into lost income. And being young, he would have lots of income to lose.

The only way baldness awareness can come is via mothers. Has there *any* campaign which has succeeded without the support of women?

Why would mothers get involved?
Grandkids.
With people making babies later, and even permanent commitments to partners, more and more men will become bald before women have babies with them. Which translates into many mothers not having grandkids.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I don't care for bald superhereos, I just want the stigmatization to stop. I want neutrality.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
I want neutrality.

That can't happen. There will always be a subset of losers to make the winners look better.

All we can hope for is that we draw a winning card.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
kinda off topic but tom cruise there is wearing a damn good bald wig . . . . .

and thats actually pretty inspiring. a bald man in a movie who ISN'T evil, a pedophile, a murderer, crazy, an old dad, or a loser 0_0

who'd have thought? :woot:

i just saw the clip tho. if anyone has seen the movie and i am mistaken about this tom cruise character then please enlighten me

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
His character in the movie is one of a very weathly studio exec that kicks *sses. He isn't a good guy but not really bad either.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
His character in the movie is one of a very weathly studio exec that kicks *sses. He isn't a good guy but not really bad either.
oh damn . . . . of course he is an anti-hero

it seems as if that is the coolest possible archetype bald men are put into, that of the anti-hero . . . . .

which is why i can see the punisher going bald but not spider-man lol

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
oh damn . . . . of course he is an anti-hero

it seems as if that is the coolest possible archetype bald men are put into, that of the anti-hero . . . . .

which is why i can see the punisher going bald but not spider-man lol

I find it funny that Xavier was always the only bald superhero. I mean yes hes supposedly powerful but hes by no means a "super" hero, hes basically the real heroes g-pa. Hes confined to a damn wheel chair and poops in a bag.
Not to mention he isnt sporting a NW7 hogan ring so who REALLY knows what his hair is. Perhaps he just shaves his head to not block his mental powers. For all we know he has such a THICK woft of hair it would completely negate his mental telepathy!

I mean look at him in first class

df-17404_a_l.jpg

Almost every bald hero is shaved, black, or some kind of weird alien.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Apparently in the comics, he loses his hair as soon as he acquires his power.

The writers say they didn't follow the source material and just cast a NW1 actor in X-Men: First Class.

I really wonder why...

yeah I wonder what I would pick? I guess the powers cause I could always "influence" woman to find me sexually appealing!

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah I wonder what I would pick? I guess the powers cause I could always "influence" woman to find me sexually appealing!
the real question is, cud u influence your own mind so that you see hair in the mirror? 0_0

if you did that, and influenced everyone else's mind to see hair as well . . . . then there you go

hair loss cured 0_0

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
the real question is, cud u influence your own mind so that you see hair in the mirror? 0_0

if you did that, and influenced everyone else's mind to see hair as well . . . . then there you go

hair loss cured 0_0

I would influence everyone to just think hair on their head was worms and they would shave it off... then EVERYONES bald...... problem solved

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How about Magneto with the power to control hair instead of metal? Rip the hair right off their heads!:) Then, have it reassemble on your own.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
How about Magneto with the power to control hair instead of metal? Rip the hair right off their heads!:) Then, have it reassemble on your own.

I would rip it from their heads and magnetize it to mine, give myself the BIGGEST afro evero

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I think maybe through a combination of nature and nurture, most women have mastered their emotional side, maybe to a fault. Quite reasonable to conclude that women are more highly evolved in this complex area than than we, their male counterparts? If this is their strong point then unexpected problems can expectedly arise because of their ingrained and reflexive dependence on their emotions to guide them through any challenging personal circumstance. We know when we are in a state of "emotional tunnel vision" we are not necessarily considering the peripheral reality shaping/shifting around us. Emotions can be a wonderful experience(just like women), however just like the gentle weather turns, so can the lovely lady who is lead/mislead by her emotions. :sun:
ive heard this a lot fred, the whole "women say one thing but do another" concept

its gotta have some merit, im hearing it everywere from guys i know arent dumbasses ha

and about the short thing, i was just thinking it wud make sense for short guys to still be around cuz guys tend to like short girls, and those short genes will be passed on

but then again of course its not like u cant mate at all being short, it just makes it harder obviously

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hairneto . . . . . . haha

- - - Updated - - -

I find it funny that Xavier was always the only bald superhero. I mean yes hes supposedly powerful but hes by no means a "super" hero, hes basically the real heroes g-pa. Hes confined to a damn wheel chair and poops in a bag.
Not to mention he isnt sporting a NW7 hogan ring so who REALLY knows what his hair is. Perhaps he just shaves his head to not block his mental powers. For all we know he has such a THICK woft of hair it would completely negate his mental telepathy!

I mean look at him in first class

View attachment 25857

Almost every bald hero is shaved, black, or some kind of weird alien.
yep true. he isnt even a superhero really. he is portrayed as old and weak . . . . lol

well at least he can mentally torture anyone who makes fun of his (supposed?) norwood ha