You might be more trustworthy if...

jeffshair

Reaction score
Recently co-founders of the company I helped start were discussing updates to our privacy policy. The discussion was about how to make us seem more trustworthy. One of the suggestions was to put a picture of myself within the terms of service/privacy policy since I am the developer and am (as of right now) the only person who has access to all of the user data.

Before taking a picture and plastering it up there, someone said, I trust you because I know you, but for someone who doesn't know you, you might seem untrustworthy. How can we make [me] seem more trustworthy? The suggestion was "maybe if you had more hair" - I have to be honest, that stung. I don't think it was meant to be offensive in the way that I took it, i.e. since I always cut my hair short, maybe if I grew it out longer, but I took it as the fact that I'm thinning/receding.

Either way it was kind of a downer since I don't know if I'll ever be able to grow a normal length head of hair without it looking weird due to thinning (although I'm at least hopeful for the time being since Minoxidil seems to be working).

An eye opener for sure, this is the first time that I feel like my unfortunate genes are causing me more grief other than what I'm causing myself by my own self consciousness.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
That sucks but Imagine how much worse it would be if you were bald. Descrimination is real.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i was just thinking about this the other day . . . . . the connection between baldness and evil . . . . . . its unconscious and undeniable.

why the **** is the villain always bald????? and guess what? the only bald "hero" is jason statham and even then HE IS AN ANTI-HERO!

i was thinking, if the evolutionary purpose of baldness is to show potential mates you are older and more stable/secure, HOW THE **** did this evil baldie stereotype emerge?

i guess since ive crossed out nature the only possible explanation is nurture, so i guess it just goes back to the original "ugly=immoral" thing that society has :(

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
i was thinking, if the evolutionary purpose of baldness is to show potential mates you are older and more stable/secure, HOW THE **** did this evil baldie stereotype emerge?

where did you ever hear balding is an evolutionary trait? Thats like saying being short is...... Its just a thing, there is no advantage and honestly no real disadvantage physically to your health (maybe mental health). But like being short its a mating disadvantage. Women want something that looks youthful, strong and verile. There are good looking bald guys, just not as many as guys with hair. Me and my GF saw a guy a few months back who was a really good looking bald guy. He was taller and thinner though with good facial hair. For someone like me who my GF refers to as "built like a fire hydrant" its not such a good look.

bald and evil have nearly always gone hand in hand
http://tevilblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/heroes-and-villians.html

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Women just think they want taller men. I see plenty of women with guys that are shorter than them. It doesn't seem to affect their attraction to them.

I know that because I've dated tall girls, they all had to settle for a guy shorter than them at a point. In the end, they said it didn't feel that weird.

It's just a thing that we hear, "women like tall men", we see it all the time in the media, everywhere around us, so we think it's how things are supposed to be.

Women are more prone to the herd mentality, so they will believe it too.

In fact, studies demonstrated that men being taller was just a genetic accident. The other way around could have been possible.

It's the same for baldness, because of what we hear all the time and the media, we think a bald man is always some kind of a loser and that he's not suited to date beautiful women.

It sounds cliché to say that, but it's the media, our marketing-driven society that created the hell we have to live in as balding men.

I agree with you on certain points but I will always say we as a herd dictate where media goes. The media takes what we already present to them and just enforce it.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
where did you ever hear balding is an evolutionary trait? Thats like saying being short is...... Its just a thing, there is no advantage and honestly no real disadvantage physically to your health (maybe mental health). But like being short its a mating disadvantage. Women want something that looks youthful, strong and verile. There are good looking bald guys, just not as many as guys with hair. Me and my GF saw a guy a few months back who was a really good looking bald guy. He was taller and thinner though with good facial hair. For someone like me who my GF refers to as "built like a fire hydrant" its not such a good look.

bald and evil have nearly always gone hand in hand
http://tevilblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/heroes-and-villians.html

MAYBE?!?

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In my experience, few women care about height as long as the man is taller than them.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my experience, few women care about height as long as the man is taller than them.

they do and dont.
Women generally want a guy in their height range, both taller and shorter. Most girls dont like guys way taller than them either. A short guy can always find a shorter girl, usually. Still sucks being short though, your options are WAY limited.

amazing we all talk like we are the resource for all things women lol.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm 42 and been around the block so to speak. I've known quite a few so I have some decent insight.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ive heard this a lot fred, the whole "women say one thing but do another" concept

its gotta have some merit, im hearing it everywere from guys i know arent dumbasses ha

and about the short thing, i was just thinking it wud make sense for short guys to still be around cuz guys tend to like short girls, and those short genes will be passed on

but then again of course its not like u cant mate at all being short, it just makes it harder obviously

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Shame that us men do so much just to be accepted by women.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
All you have to do is impress her friends..... women are caddy, possessive, competitive creatures. Even if she hates you after 3 dates she'll tolerate you a while if she thinks one of her friends will grab you after.

For saying and actually wanting diff things, that just goes for people in general not only women.
How many times have you said you want a particular thing only to say in the end "meh this will suffice for now".
We do it with mates, automobiles, jobs, possessions, etc etc.

If you were looking to find and attract one mate, be married and have lots of rodents running around your house then thats easy. You can be short and bald and still find a wife. I personally have zero desire for any of that.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is accurate unfortunately, and gain it has to do with the herd mentality of women.

I disagree with your last sentence. Attracting women is the least easy thing to do in life for a man.

Even if I managed to become successful, it's still the hardest challenge for me, up there with solving my hair loss :p.

I think herd mentality is more prevalent in women than men. Men are usually physically stronger and inherently more competitive to be the alpha. We are to busy trying to top each other to get caught in a herd. Women are fine usually accepting their one alpha and following that design. To me anyway.

for your last part though.
Well its hard because our confidence is shot due to hairloss.
Even when I was a "hot" guy (Ive been trying to find some old pics of myself just so I can actually put my money where my mouth is) you never win 100% of the time. You have stated previously though fred you never had trouble picking up women. Also the issue arises with what do you want to attract. Attracting "women" is not hard, its just the calibre we want.
I personally spend a **** load of time keeping in shape and trying to look nice. I feel I really deserve someone who appreciates that and reciprocates. Unfortunately most of the girls who take their time to work out and look good want a guy who doesnt look 20 years older than her due to bad hair.
Another source is older women..... been there, done that (IE Doing) and its not worth it either. Unless again she never loses that drive to be hot.

If I didnt care what I looked like and never worked out or ate right I would never feel I deserve these same aspects for no reason.
Anyway Im rambling but its just to say attracting "women" isnt always hard, its the "type" of women.

You know I would love it if you could come here and try to pick up some girls and me vise versa just to see if there is a difference between regions. I will say it seems in the US its much harder for a less attractive man, to us IN the US anyway.

resu

Reaction score
Those so called ugly chicks may date guys a lot higher on the scale than you, a lot of guys that are good looking are actually wimps and settle for these homely women, including NW0-1 guys.

resu

Reaction score
You never know if you're out of their league or not, some of these women are actually delusional, when they see themselves on the mirror they picture a different woman plus with facebook they all say how pretty each other they all are, repeat this a thousand times and they start believing it.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my experience, there are no levels with women. You might think it would be easier to score that ugly girl or that whale.

But the only times I've been rejected (and I mean truly rejected, like, I was on a date with the girl), it was with those kind of girls.

I told myself it would be easier, but maybe it's my attractiveness that's the problem here, they assume I'm making fun of them.

I had this discussion with a fat girl recently. I wanted to give her a chance, I think that's one of the main reasons of my success: I'm not picky.

Guys who will only tolerate 8-9 will usually have nothing at all because of their high standards.

I'm used to having all kinds of girls, from 5 (this is the bottom limit) to 9.

Anyway, I'm just talking normally, then at a point, she says she prefers to leave it at that, then said I was pretentious, while I was just my normal cool self while we we were talking.

She couldn't justify herself of course, that was her way of protecting herself from my rejection, by rejecting me first for no good reason. Girls do not reason logically when it comes to mating.

You sound alot like me actually.
I was never a 9-10 guy. I always liked maybe 8's or 7's (my scale of course). For fooling around I would dig deeper for various reasons. If I was drinking..... WHOA Id be lucky to not be in the bathroom fooling around with a GUY! I get bad beer goggles! lol

I would occasionally flirt with girls who some might think less attractive than what I could get (Ive had girls tell me my ex's werent pretty enough for me), but sometimes there is that "thing" you like and you say fuuuuuucckkkkk it.
I think more or less these girls dont thin you are making fun of them more than figuring they are easy targets to get laid and treated like crap. Perhaps they were before so you cant blame them.
Up until I started losing my hair though I never dealt with rejection but ONLY because I had a very strict policy on how I would pick up random women. I always waited for eye contact twice. This way I never set myself up to be put down.

Men dont really have logic when it comes to mating either. None of us do, we want what we want and its usually what we cant have.....

- - - Updated - - -

repeat this a thousand times and they start believing it.

[video=youtube;-DIETlxquzY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DIETlxquzY[/video]

all i could think of lol