You guys overreact way too much

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah but it was tested and approved for people from the age of 18 to 41 right?

I felt the same, I was 19 and thought, is it too early, am I still developing?

But the hair was going fast so I decided to start finasteride.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
:agree: I will try my best on future posts to make them look more organized. I was never great at typing and indenting paragraphs.

I think I have ranted enough for now so I will keep them short and infrequent.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
:punk: Thanks Monty I appreciate the kind words. Most of the time I think my posts are too long for anyone to bother reading. I know I can't compete with CCS but I thought my posts might keep some "balance" after you read his.............................. :whistle:

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Drhouse, I'm not too crazy anymore... but whatever use me as an example if it pleases you...

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I bet the OP is a pseudonym of an existing member who doesn't have what it takes to accept it.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
Drhouse, I'm not too crazy anymore... but whatever use me as an example if it pleases you...

Irish, I never said you were CRAZY only paranoid. You cannot deny that. Come on I was not intentionally meaning harm there when I mentioned your name. I read YOUR MULTITUDE of daily created threads at HLH............... :whistle: You are definitely paranoid about losing your hair STILL. Otherwise, your posting would be alot less frequent.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
The only ones who need finasteride when they're 18 are those who had a bald dad and it's pretty obvious they're headed in the same direction

Grayman, my older brother (30) has a bald dad but his hairline hasn't moved an inch since he was 20... He hasn't inherited daddy's male pattern baldness unlike me, so clearly it would've been very silly for him to get on finasteride at 18 and risk the chance of sides.

My point is you get many families like mine, where there is only a 50% chance of male pattern baldness and jumping on finasteride at 18 just because there may be a hint of recession, is not a wise move as it's too early to diagnose.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For the record my bro also had quite a "mature" hairline at 19 too, but it never progressed. This obviously gave me a false sense of hope that my hair would develop the same way.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The reason why I had my doubts was that he seemed to register specifically for creating this thread.

ThatYoungGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been lurking on this board for two years now. The one thing i've noticed waaaaaaaay too much is how many of you "diagnosers" LOVE to overreact and tell people to "hop in finasteride and minoxidil immediately mate ur balding" to everyone who comes on here with slight recession.

Guess what. Most males, yes, even in their twenties, HAVE SOME TEMPORAL RECESSION. Most guys by the time they are 25 (especially white) are NOT NW1s with perfectly straight hairlines. And most of those guys will never "go bald" in the NW4+ meaning of the word until they are in their fifties or later.

It's really pathetic how many of you think the slightest NORMAL recession is balding. Especially when they otherwise show no signs of thinning in the crown or vertex. It happens to guys a few years after they finish puberty too, not when they are 30.

The worst thing though, was that recent thread someone started trying to guess a bunch of celebrities who were on finasteride. It really was pathetic; basically any actor who wasn't a perfect NW1 or NW2 but still had decent hair was described as "being on finasteride". Give me a break.

Let me show you an example:
tumblr_l5qg1p3WA21qz82gvo1_500.jpg

See that? It's a picture of Orson Welles, from when he was just 21 years old. Now if he had come on this board and posted that, a bunch of you alarmists would be going "yea mate looks like ur showing the first signs of male pattern baldness better get on finasteride now" and other crap like that, telling him with "recession like that at your age means you could be in serious trouble in a few years if you don't jump on finasteride".

Well, here he is at 26 in citizen kane:
orson-welles-1939.jpg

OMG! Look at that recession! Must be approaching NW2.5, right? Only 26? Well he should get on finasteride before he becomes slick bald in five years, huh?

Here he is again as MacBeth at 33 years old:
PRINCE3.jpg

Oh look at that. 33 years old and basically the same hairline as when he was 21. People here probably telling him that he has "great" hair. And if he was a celebrity now we'd have a bunch of you geniuses guessing that he was "on finasteride for sure".

For the record, here he is as an older man in his 50s or 60s:
orson-welles-20090305-161455-medium.jpg

You'll see his hairline pretty much hadn't changed since he was 21 years old. Hell he was probably 18 or 19 when he first started receding.

The point is, a bunch of you would have screamed that he was losing it and to get on finasteride or he'd be bald in 10 years, even though all he had was some minor recession and THICK hair every where else. A lot of you seem to think that if you're in your early twenties, you are either an NW1 or someone destined to go bald before they are 40. finasteride didn't even exist until 20 years ago and there were plenty of men (famous ones too) like Welles who receded when they were young and had plenty fine hair their whole life. I'd bet not one single person ever described welles as balding. I'd bet 90% of the celebs you think are on finasteride are just aging naturally And we don't even live in a world where you have to slick your hair back for the whole world to see your hairline. Don't give me crap about actors wearing "toupees" then, because it's obvious which ones did, and which ones were just aging normally. Hell you guys would have probably "warned" young frank Sinatra to get on finasteride:
504227_356x237.jpg

MEN, the majority normal men recede some after puberty. It doesn't mean you are going bald (only like 7% ever reach NW6 or 7 anyways). Frankly, if you are receding a bit, yet have perfectly thick hair all over your scalp including crown and vortex, and someone tells you to hop on finasteride just because you're 21, you should tell them to shove it up a tailpipe.

Unless you are already at NW3 or something before you're 25, or are thinning in the crown and vertex, there is NO reason to get on finasteride or minoxidil. I can't imagine how many millions that Merck makes from guys who got scared into getting on finasteride even though they don't need it and are wasting their money. And you guys aren't helping.

PS: Here is a modern day example:
EM.jpg

That's Ewan McGregor from when he was 20/21 years old. Clearly an NW2, right? Well, he's almost forty now and basically has the same head of hair he did then. And I bet it's not because he's been on "finasteride" :whistle:
Well.. Frank Sinatra did wear a toupee, and if you don't believe me search it up, plenty of evidence online