Yeah hairloss kills your chances

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 23 now and started losing hair back in late 2005. Now I'm a diffused Norwood 5/6. I was on finasteride for 2 and a half years before stopping it a couple of months ago. So a brutal reality check is expected in the coming months.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I'm 23 now and started losing hair back in late 2005. Now I'm a diffused Norwood 5/6. I was on finasteride for 2 and a half years before stopping it a couple of months ago. So a brutal reality check is expected in the coming months.

So sorry for what you had to go through at such a young age, and you still are so young. It's very unfair. I'm 23 too and dealing with baldness since I was 20 (I'm female)

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about that. I understand how it feels for a young woman to experience hair loss as no one, not literally a single of your friend or peer is showing any tiny mini of hair loss. I never met a guy of my age with thinning hair until I was about 20. Indeed it's unfair.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about that. I understand how it feels for a young woman to experience hair loss as no one, not literally a single of your friend or peer is showing any tiny mini of hair loss. I never met a guy of my age with thinning hair until I was about 20. Indeed it's unfair.

Yup, that's my life. I've literally seen 3 women ever in my lifetime with signs of baldess, and they were all older women. I've never seen a single girl my age or close to my age with hair loss. It's super rare to go bald as a young woman, so that sucks. And yeah it's also rare for young man to go bald (though a bit more common than a young female), so I totally understand your pain.

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How's your hair doing now? Are the meds working?

There was an insanely beautiful girl in my university with a little thinning hair and I used to feel bad for her as I could see how insecure she was about her hair (though she camoufladged it well through styling)

EvilLocks

Reaction score
How's your hair doing now? Are the meds working?

There was an insanely beautiful girl in my university with a little thinning hair and I used to feel bad for her as I could see how insecure she was about her hair (though she camoufladged it well through styling)

I'm no longer on any medication as they were not working (I was on spironolactone and rogaine for about 2 years). My hair is slowly getting thinner, but I'm hiding it with Toppik and extensions for now. When I can no longer hide it I'll have no choice but to resort to a hair piece...

Yeah I can totally imagine what that girl at your university feels like. I used to have good looks too and now I feel everything's been kinda ruined with the hair loss...

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ever considered hair transplant? Good candidates for transplants are reporting great results over the Internet forums.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, that's my life. I've literally seen 3 women ever in my lifetime with signs of baldess, and they were all older women. I've never seen a single girl my age or close to my age with hair loss. It's super rare to go bald as a young woman, so that sucks. And yeah it's also rare for young man to go bald (though a bit more common than a young female), so I totally understand your pain.

Only three? I see more middle-aged women than not with some degree of hair loss, and just about every old lady I see has thin hair. I can spot wigs now too. I was oblivious to others' hair loss until I joined the club.

blackg

Reaction score
Ever considered hair transplant? Good candidates for transplants are reporting great results over the Internet forums.
Regarding your signature... "There is no pain, you are receding." David Gilmour

Roger Waters wrote those lyrics. Dave only sung them.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
"A distant ship, smoke on the hairizon".

Man how I wish I wasn't here.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

There was this girl in my graduate school who was bald, she started at 23. She wasn't totally bald, just missing 90% of it with some patches left. She was also missing her eyebrows.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regarding your signature... "There is no pain, you are receding." David Gilmour

Roger Waters wrote those lyrics. Dave only sung them.

Your lips move, but I can't hear what you're saying

- - - Updated - - -

And then one day I find ten years have got behind me
No one told me when to run, I missed the starting gun

EvilLocks

Reaction score

I have diffuse thinning with what seems like no stable donor so no, I'm not considering a hair transplant.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
pink-floyd_00392936.jpg

Thank You P.F. for bringing us high hopes when our own aspirations start to fail.
And thanks fellas for this jam. It was fun. :)

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
13?! My God... I think you have the record on who started balding the youngest on this website. How old are you now and what Norwood?

I started balding at 12.

Sheraz, would your hair fall out in clumps? You hairloss seems very similar to mine.
When did you go on rogaine?

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started balding at 12.

Sheraz, would your hair fall out in clumps? You hairloss seems very similar to mine.
When did you go on rogaine?
yes I used to shed clumps of hair while washing. I was a Norwood 2 by 15 and mildly diffused nw5 by 17. I started finasteride at 21 when coverage was still decent due to coursier hair. I stopped finasteride 2 months ago and now I'm only minor once a day. It's been a brutal journey.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I started balding at 12.

Sorry to hear that, that is absolutely horrible :( That's the kind of situation that would leave you scarred for life… At least I made it to 20 before my hair started coming off. But it's not easy being a young woman with hair loss either...

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Sheraz and CaptainForehead//

"Great" to find two other people who started losing hair pre-puberty. I started losing mine very diffusely around 11 (I got a pic from when I was 13 in a thread) all around the head except for donor.

I find it weird though that both ur hair falled out in clumps? Can you describe what you mean by this? By clumps sounds a bit AA than male pattern baldness? Til this day I've never "noticed" my hairloss in the way that I see hair falling out. I never wake up with hair on my pillow and when showering I only lose normal amounts.