WOW, want thick hair?.

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
Where would I find Aveda and L'oral Vive Pro Thickening in the UK? I have tried at Boots (local store but big-ish) but I couldn't find it.

Cassin

Reaction score
vauxall said:
Where would I find Aveda ........... in the UK? I have tried at Boots (local store but big-ish) but I couldn't find it.

Even in the US it is hard to find...typically at only high end salons. Its very exclusive.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
i had to drive 40 kilometers to a hairsalon that sells it...
i payed 57 euro for the shampoo and clay conditioner (belgium)

tommorow for new years eve , i will use it , i'm quit currious...
i wanted to try it this evening allready but sinds i also did a airbrush spray tanning 2 hours ago , i cannot wash my face/head for at least another 3 hours...

check the aveda site for the location of the sellers.... i did the same...

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Aveda is a relatively natural shampoo and washes clean. Hate to keep thumping this product but it is amazing.

The only negative thing I have to say about it is it can be drying over time so I only use it 5 days a week or so.

Cassin, what do you mean 'it can be drying over time', It takes longer to dry after shampooing?

What's the deal with the Pure Abundance Hair Potion, that says it thickens hair up to 17%? Would you say the shampoo alone thickens that much? Do you use any of the other products, the spray etc?

Cassin

Reaction score
It can dry out the scalp/hair a bit which is why I don't use it everyday. This is a problem with every thickening shampoo and the better quality the more it seems to dry out the hair sometimes.

And I have never tried the potion.

@ wesleyBelgium... use a little bit of shampoo and let it sit while you clean the rest of your body. Then since its your first time using it...rinse it out and using just a little bit of shampoo re-shampoo your hair again.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thank you, and yes you are right. Have you ever tried the caffeine one, Alpecin? That gives terrible dandruff and really dry brittle hair, and can't say it does anything like it says it does.

Matw

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy the L'Oreal stuff in Sydney, Australia? Can anyone recommend a good conditioner to go along with it?

robtyketto

Reaction score
I've tried Jasons, Aveda and L'oreal thingy and it could be just me but I find they are all relatively the same in terms of cosmetic output, hair thickening.

There's very little difference between them.

Now I use Bodyshop Ginger shampoo first followed up by Revita or Nizoral.
I use them because they both contain ingredients for healthy scalp (anti-fungal).

Some of these shampoos are expensive, It could just be my eyes or hair but myself and others never notice a change in my hair thickness.

I say save your money :)

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
zeroheat said:
exact name is "L'oreal Vive Men Pro Thickening" shampoo

If i remember correctly Doctor proctor mentioned something about that having a specific SOD thats similair to what he use in his products. If thats true its definetelly beneficial to hair.