WOW, want thick hair?.

zephyr31

Established Member
Reaction score
Iv spent what feels like 100s of £s on various different hair thickening shampoos, iv bough hair expanders, hair fatteners, hair boosters, zzzzzzzz the list goes on and on. Anything to give me that little bit of volume. none work. forget conditioners also.

Iv seen a few ppl say loreal mens thickening shampoo is pretty good, but id go farther, the stuff is amazing.

Iv just used it for the first time and im having to pat my hair down lol.

USE this. i bought a bottle from my local Tesco store, cost £2.39. you wont be dissapointed. i may spike my hair up tonight:).

It says its for men, but i think my girlfriend may want a try, unless its got something in it that she shouldnt use?.

acelt67

Reaction score
id be very interested in getting this.i wonder zephyr can you tell me the exact name of the product to ask for in the shops,as im having bother finding it.is it loreal MENS thickening shampoo id be asking for or just loreal thickening shampoo?many thanks

acelt67

Reaction score
thanks zero.will know what to ask for now.and 1 more thing will it take many washes with it till i see it thickening up?

Obsidian

Reaction score
Agreed, I bought this on sale at the store and it gave me a lot of coverage, i think it passes Jason's Thin to Thick as my favorite with Aveda being number one. :agree:

Tee1234

Reaction score
I'm going to try Aveda.

Speaking of Jason Thin to Thick, has anyone tried their hairspray? How the heck does it work? I purchased it and used it a few times but haven't since. It didn't seem like it was working.

acelt67

Reaction score
cass/obsidian whats the exact name of the aveda product?and would you have links to it so i know what to look for?many thanks

Obsidian

Reaction score
That's it Cassin! :punk:

My Mother uses Aveda and I won't lie when I am home for the holidays the bottle might be seem a little empty. :whistle:

fluffy123

Established Member
Reaction score
I've used the L'Oreal stuff a couple of years ago and I've started to use it again. It is pretty good, decent value for the price you pay anyway :)

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Great stuff. You can really notice a difference after a week or so.

Thanks for recommending it.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
vive pro men contains a lot of silicones , so more density/body is normal

what is best : vive pro men or that aveda ?

for the shampoo experts in here :

can you give a top 3 of the best thicking shampoos ?

thanks...

Obsidian

Reaction score
As Cassin puts it, 'nothing beats Aveda.'

I would say
1. Aveda Pure Abundance
2. L'oreal Vive Pro for men Daily Thickening shampoo for fine/thinning hair
3. Jason's Thin to Thick

Cassin

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
As Cassin puts it, 'nothing beats Aveda.'

After all of these years I still stand by it...I definitely try new products from time to time but I always end up with Aveda being the best and everything else a distant second.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't make the mistake I did, After reading your stuff on here I was in the supermarket yesterday and thought you meant... L'Oreal Elvive For Men Regenium-XY Shampoo, which they say is the 'thickening, body-building shampoo for men'.

It's useless and does not make any difference, so I look forward to finding the correct Vive Pro,!!! not Elvive!!!!!!

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wesleyBelgium said:
vive pro men contains a lot of silicones , so more density/body is normal

what is best : vive pro men or that aveda ?

for the shampoo experts in here :

can you give a top 3 of the best thicking shampoos ?

thanks...

well we should keep in mind that silicones may effect/block absorption for you guys that use minoxidil... at least thats what the rogain people say :S

Cassin

Reaction score
Aveda is a relatively natural shampoo and washes clean. Hate to keep thumping this product but it is amazing.

The only negative thing I have to say about it is it can be drying over time so I only use it 5 days a week or so.