Wow.... Shocking New Study On Finateide And Side Effects!

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
sure fina is dangerous and is not an easy choice. But we don't have other solutions.
hoping for the cure to come soon , before totaly destroying my health.

Reactions: br1

whoken

Reaction score
So according to some Hair loss might be the cause of reported depression rather than finasterine itself, but somehow taking the only efficient drug against hair loss and getting results doesn't alleviate that depression but aggravate it. That doesn't make sense.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello fellas!

Can anyone say for certain then that the effects of finasteride on the brain regarding memory, brain fog etc are real and dangerous?

Hell yeah it is, it's a drug that's very method of action involves inhibiting brain chemicals.

So according to some Hair loss might be the cause of reported depression rather than finasterine itself, but somehow taking the only efficient drug against hair loss and getting results doesn't alleviate that depression but aggravate it. That doesn't make sense.

Actually that makes perfect sense and I'd say it's happened to me.

I saw results from both finasteride and minoxidil and I was stoked about it; hair definitely got better.

But after a year it's not as good as I thought it was going to get. That definitely throws some gas on the fires of hairloss depression.

"omg it's better! It's getting better!" but in the end, it's just not quite there.

It's like blue balls, but for your hair.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="RB15, post: 1490642, member: 28082"
I did a bit of research on daily brain supplements a while ago, I take all the usual multi vits and fish oil, but also along with Acetyl-l-carnitine, L-theanine and Rhodiola in an attempt to boost brain function[/QUOTE]

Possibly these supplements are playing their role in your body. Do not let them.

By the way, what is your age? The possible effects should be increased with the age and time taken.

Good luck

PRM

Reaction score
All these studies demonizing finasteride always have a questionable vies. The number of participants is always ridiculous, but when the results reach the web, people make it look like a serious and definitive study.
There aren´t solid evidences that finasteride causes brain damage.

Last edited:

abcdefg

Reaction score
The issue seemed like they originally set off to mimic the pseudo herms hormone profile which means no 5-ar 2. So finasteride does do that very well as suicide inhibitor of that enzyme. The problem is years after the fact there is a new 5-ar 3 enzyme that no one knew about, and finasteride seems to inhibit that one too. Its in the brain and finasteride happens to make it there. It probably clobbers 5-ar 3 and that is what changes neurosteroids in the brain and spine.
There is almost no way to have any internal drug though and not have collateral damage somewhere. Just too complicated, and more importantly too many unknowns. People can figure out and understand almost anything no matter how complex. Its just hard to figure out what is doing what, and each piece takes a long time to find

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The issue seemed like they originally set off to mimic the pseudo herms hormone profile which means no 5-ar 2. So finasteride does do that very well as suicide inhibitor of that enzyme. The problem is years after the fact there is a new 5-ar 3 enzyme that no one knew about, and finasteride seems to inhibit that one too. Its in the brain and finasteride happens to make it there. It probably clobbers 5-ar 3 and that is what changes neurosteroids in the brain and spine.
There is almost no way to have any internal drug though and not have collateral damage somewhere. Just too complicated, and more importantly too many unknowns. People can figure out and understand almost anything no matter how complex. Its just hard to figure out what is doing what, and each piece takes a long time to find

A fairly simple solution is to do a dosing study on finasteride's effect in the brain. We know that it has no effect on serum and skin levels above ~0.06 mg/day, beyond that the response curve saturates. However, there may be a completely different response curve for the cerebrospinal fluid, allowing a compromise dose to be suggested.

That would cost money though.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fellas and ladies,
First time poster. I may be one of the longest lurkers on the forums. If you've been creeping around here longer than me, congrats, and I'm sorry. Of all the posts, over all these years, this one pulled me out of the wood work. I'll give you the abbreviated version. Started on finasteride 12 years ago. Over this time, combined with minoxidil, RU and other things at various times, I Have maintained a Norwood 1.5. About 6 or 7 years ago I started having extreme depression/anxiety. Given my line of work, not abnormal, but absolutely not my normal personality type. The years went on and something drastically changed. My wife will tell you, I was a different person, mentally. We would be in the middle of a conversation, and I would completely check out. I could not hold focus on a thought. "Run to the store and grab me this......". Rest assured, even when I wrote myself notes, I would forget it. My line of work, I have a lot public interactions/interviews. My head would actually hurt trying to form thoughts or express words that I absolutely knew, and were on the tip of my tongue, but just would not come to fruition. It stressed my marriage in a huge way, was even worse for my career. Fast forward, a year ago I decided to ween off of the finasteride pill and switch to a topical cocktail prepared by my doctor. It has topical finasteride, min, and bunch of other goodies that will remain classified, as will he. I, as well as my wife, could tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that A) I spent years living as a zombie because of
Finasteride, and I didn't have to. Thank God, I am back to normal, and I can't believe how much my life was impacted by this drug, truly. B) The topical mix (that I'm using) absolutely works, and has no side effects.
Now, I have been on here long enough to know that there will be people that say,"Whatever, first post, you're a troll, stop ruining this for other people, blah blah blah". I'm not telling you not to use finasteride. Use it. Please. It has done wonders for me. But 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt it has the potential, given enough time, to do harm. IF you can find a topical that is formulated properly, it works amazingly and does not have the ill effects that the pill did. I am very very in tune with my body. This was an intentional experiment when I weened off of the pill. When I tell you that life was so dramatically different before and after, given the amount of time that I was on the pill, it's not even funny. Please use it, but use responsibly. That is all. Carry on.

RB15

Reaction score
[QUOTE="RB15, post: 1490642, member: 28082"
I did a bit of research on daily brain supplements a while ago, I take all the usual multi vits and fish oil, but also along with Acetyl-l-carnitine, L-theanine and Rhodiola in an attempt to boost brain function

Possibly these supplements are playing their role in your body. Do not let them.

By the way, what is your age? The possible effects should be increased with the age and time taken.

Good luck[/QUOTE]

Hey Armando, I'm 34 years old

Actually the Acetly-L-Carnitine made a big difference to my verbal and memory recall when I first started taking it, it has probably plateau'd now, but I'm always on the lookout for anything that helps with the Acetylcholine neurotransmitter, racetams are not readily available for me in the UK, so anything I can pick up in the health store that "may" combat some finasteride brain effects I tend to jump all over, I just don't understand it enough to know what would help.

Being a good responder to finasteride is not an easy thing, you know without it you would be depressed AF with your mess of a feeble thinning thatch, and with it I have thickened up my crown so much to the point I hardly need concealer on it anymore, and the hairline has steadied too, but I'm now conscious 100% of the time of how quickly I can think of a smart word or if I can reel off a witty line with my friends like I used to, obviously being in that conscious state probably doesn't help me find the words or wit!

I'm reluctantly sticking with finasteride for now.

Cheers

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
RB15, you are a very luck man, thickening in the crown area. it is not very common here

weepysad

Reaction score
Finasteride does not equal to injecting estrogen, but of course it will have an impact on one's body. I have been on finasteride for the past 7 years. During this time, I have not noticed any side-effects concerning libido or such, however, I do have a massive brain fog. I feel as if I am mildly high throughout the day. Furthermore, I am extremely forgetful and every now and then I freeze. For a long time, I couldn't figure out what is going on with me and even now I can't necessarily put full blame on finasteride, but then I am thinking, what else could it be? I have generally healthy lifestyle and my profession is intellectually stimulating, yet I feel as if my brain is slowly degrading. I do not have depression. I never was a very stressful person. However, my mind is not very clear anymore and daily things seem to matter less and less. Is it finasteride, or am I just getting old (I am 28, lol)?

Ramy

My Regimen
Reaction score
how can i overcome its side effects? left it since april, still i have erections problems with less brain fog damage