Wow.... Shocking New Study On Finateide And Side Effects!

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem with depression is that you see so many people come here and other forums even before starting treatment, saying they are depressed due to their hair loss. It would be interesting to see the patients Norwood stage and compare them with those who suffer from hair loss, but have not used finasteride, and say they are depressed.

I'm not denying that finasteride causes sexual side effects, brain fog (I definitely think this is true), depression. I'm just saying, i've seen people, usually young, say they are depressed of their hair loss even before starting finasteride and this should be taken into account. It's possible that people who are susceptible to depression would trigger their depression if they use finasteride. And those who already feel depressed due to their hair loss may think that finasteride made it worst.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I only skimmed the link, but it looks like they are saying they found that half the people WHO ALREADY CLAIM to have PFS show signs of depression, anxiety, and "brain fog." Which, isn't surprising. If I felt I had PFS I would be depressed as well.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only skimmed the link, but it looks like they are saying they found that half the people WHO ALREADY CLAIM to have PFS show signs of depression, anxiety, and "brain fog." Which, isn't surprising. If I felt I had PFS I would be depressed as well.
They should do a study on people balding in their teens/early 20s. I have depression, anxiety, and brain fog from hair loss alone.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They should do a study on people balding in their teens/early 20s. I have depression, anxiety, and brain fog from hair loss alone.

Yeah, finasteride or no, rockin' the Danny DeVito look before even age 30 might make people a bit f*****g depressed.

Regardless, Shiseido can't come to market soon enough so that if nothing else, I can stop taking these pills.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, finasteride or no, rockin' the Danny DeVito look before even age 30 might make people a bit f*****g depressed.

Regardless, Shiseido can't come to market soon enough so that if nothing else, I can stop taking these pills.

you getting sides dude? or u just dont like the idea of f*****g with your hormones long term?

also seeing your new avatar is strange as f***. always saw you as that chinese dude.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
At first I thought his new avatar was a new bird Pokemon.

i dont like it

the old one asserted authority and presence which he definitely has here

i get a boner seeing his name pop up in the new post section (no homo, just love the enthusiasm he has)

this avatar is more suitable for trolls like me :D

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I noticed brain fog and a hard time getting my thoughts out verbally. Still do to this day. Been on it 6 years now

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i dont like it

the old one asserted authority and presence which he definitely has here

i get a boner seeing his name pop up in the new post section (no homo, just love the enthusiasm he has)

this avatar is more suitable for trolls like me :D
It's Pigeon, from the Mike Tyson misterie team show. Funny show

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you getting sides dude? or u just dont like the idea of f*****g with your hormones long term?

also seeing your new avatar is strange as f***. always saw you as that chinese dude.

Not getting sides, but I take brain chemical inhibiting drugs because it's either that or bald and blow my brains out, so...

It's Pigeon, from the Mike Tyson misterie team show. Funny show

Pigeon is my spirit animal

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Does that refer to me?:pMy avatar rules

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course it causes brain fog. That is well known. It also very much worsens depression. I have been taking it for over 4 years and have those from it. Dutasteride is even worse. I couldnt stand daily use because the brain fog would kill me. Now just on EOD use and I can somewhat function.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

No, we don't get reports of brain fog from minoxidil and laser comb users.

If your theory was true those people would report brain fog much more frequently.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the study:
Acknowledgements
We thank the Post-Finasteride Foundation for the financial support to R.C. Melcangi.

Altought I ever thought that finas can cross the BBB and affects neurons.

Reactions: br1