Wow.... Shocking New Study On Finateide And Side Effects!

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, we don't get reports of brain fog from minoxidil and laser comb users.

If your theory was true those people would report brain fog much more frequently.
That wasn't my point. I realize finasteride side effects are a thing and can be serious, and are completely different than depression and anxiety brought on by premature balding. I am saying that people only make a huge deal about the side effects of these drugs, when no one gives a f*** that there are many more people out there suffering from hair loss alone. Everyone treats hair loss like its some huge joke when it seriously impacts people's lives, especially when it hits young. If we had more studies on the effects of losing hair young (chronic depression, anxiety, poor work/school performance, increase risk of drug abuse, etc.) maybe we would be further along in finding a goddamn cure that is starting to seem like it is never going to come.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course everyone treats it as a joke when even baldies themselves do so. They put on a show and try to cover up their misery with humour and fake indifference.

Who else is gonna start talking about it seriously if not the very people suffering from it?
You'll get your cure when you grow the balls to call for one.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Studies on negative effects of finasteride means nothing really. You really need a good alternative treatment to finasteride before it really means anything. Lots of guys are still going to think its worth the risks, and nothing is close to finasteride even still. Just have to roll the dice.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
No, we don't get reports of brain fog from minoxidil
Oh yes we do. Google minoxidil and brain fog and there are several reports. Most are dismissed as hypochondriacs which makes sense why the would stop others from complaining, but others try to rationalize them as a vasodilator side effect

Some of the weird side effects are popular mostly because other users give them validations. Brain fog is a difficult thing to measure, but I've never seen evidence of the so called "eye bags" side effect from minoxidil, yet that report is extremely popular in hair loss forums

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yes we do. Google minoxidil and brain fog and there are several reports. Most are dismissed as hypochondriacs which makes sense why the would stop others from complaining, but others try to rationalize them as a vasodilator side effect

Some of the weird side effects are popular mostly because other users give them validations. Brain fog is a difficult thing to measure, but I've never seen evidence of the so called "eye bags" side effect from minoxidil, yet that report is extremely popular in hair loss forums

Oh God no actually.

There are millions of people using minoxidil, but we see far fewer side effects. The facts the rate of side effects is a hundred times lower and not a thousand times lower is irrelevant. The point' is that it's much lower.

The pathology of PFS is specific to finasteride.

Ask @sunchyme1

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That wasn't my point. I realize finasteride side effects are a thing and can be serious, and are completely different than depression and anxiety brought on by premature balding. I am saying that people only make a huge deal about the side effects of these drugs, when no one gives a f*** that there are many more people out there suffering from hair loss alone. Everyone treats hair loss like its some huge joke when it seriously impacts people's lives, especially when it hits young. If we had more studies on the effects of losing hair young (chronic depression, anxiety, poor work/school performance, increase risk of drug abuse, etc.) maybe we would be further along in finding a goddamn cure that is starting to seem like it is never going to come.

You're god damn right. I can vouch, hair loss hit me hard and it hit me young, and it depressed the F out of me, it ruined my social life. Finasteride had nothing to do with it.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the point of being fully virile if you can't get a date because of your toilet seat hair? I will take the risk with finasteride.

"I can't get dates because I'm bald!"

"but I'm not taking finasteride because then my dick might not work!"

Yeah, Scarlett Johandson will be just devastated if that happens!

RB15

Reaction score
Hello fellas!

Can anyone say for certain then that the effects of finasteride on the brain regarding memory, brain fog etc are real and dangerous?

I ask for 2 reasons, the first being that I'm nowhere near as clued up as most of you on this site and admittedly don't read or research enough to be able to fully understand these studies that are often posted, and the second being that brain side effects from finasteride is something that has worried me since starting 1mg a day 3 years ago, this is mainly due to relying on sharp thinking and wit at work and in social situations, something I have always been quite good at.

In the 3 years I have been taking finasteride I haven't really noticed any side effects other than a slight decrease in sperm ejaculation volume, but erections and libido have been fine, but because of my anxiety of brain side effects - whenever I got a bit of brain fog (which everyone does from time to time) I start panicking thinking it's the finasteride!

I did a bit of research on daily brain supplements a while ago, I take all the usual multi vits and fish oil, but also along with Acetyl-l-carnitine, L-theanine and Rhodiola in an attempt to boost brain function, does anyone know of any other readily available health store supplements that would be good to take to combat any potential finasteride brain side effects?

P.s. The finasteride has worked wonders for my hair so quitting would really be a tough decision, especially given I don't feel too different since taking it, the plan was to take it until something better comes along!

Thank you!

Last edited: