wow, check out my hair!!

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
-cj- said:
Have you tried Toppik to thicken up those spots where you think you're thinning?

Just keep it up the routine bro.

only reason i'm not going that route.. is when it gets bad it's going to look like i lost my hair overnight when i dont use it.

i'm pluggin along.. hoping that my regimine will soon help!

I understand that, but it's better than nothing at some times.

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
my god man... if you think that you are loosing your hair I have no doubt that Im getting bald:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=23473

The only difference between you and me is that my hairline was always like that and I dont loose almost any hair, only 5 or 6 hairs during shower

But I dont know I noticed something funny tonight with my hair, between my long hair there are a bunch of small thin hair that is growing, but a bit thin for my taste..... maybe I have to go to the doctor after all...

again sorry for my bad english.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Bet24 said:
my god man... if you think that you are loosing your hair I have no doubt that Im getting bald:

The only difference between you and me is that my hairline was always like that and I dont loose almost any hair, only 5 or 6 hairs during shower

But I dont know I noticed something funny tonight with my hair, between the my long hair there are a bunch of small thin hair that is growing, but a bit thin for my taste..... maybe I have to go to the doctor after all...

your hairline looks thicker than mine for sure.

I think we are both suffering from hair loss.

just feel your hair.. does it have less density? can you see your scalp under bright light? if so. you've lost hair just like i have. I don't understand why you have to be bald to be suffering from male pattern baldness.. but i think gettting on meds as soon as you notice hair falling is a great idea.

good luck man.

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
Bet24 said:

But I dont know I noticed something funny tonight with my hair, between the my long hair there are a bunch of small thin hair that is growing, but a bit thin for my taste..... maybe I have to go to the doctor after all...

just feel your hair.. does it have less density? can you see your scalp under bright light? if so. you've lost hair just like i have. I don't understand why you have to be bald to be suffering from male pattern baldness.. but i think gettting on meds as soon as you notice hair falling is a great idea.

good luck man.

"can you see your scalp under bright light?"

man you can see the scalp in almost every human being with wet hair, even on girls...., but no, without gel or water I cant see my scalp under bright light... I know that because I work for a fashion store, so there you can find almost every bright light in this world and a lot of mirrors.. also those mean dressing room lights.. I always look bald under those lights :lol: (with wet hair only btw)

asdf2

Reaction score
GoodGuy said:
off topic (almost): I have not seen pictures of men with more than NW2 lately. Why is that? are they shy to post? or they just go for a hair transplant?

every time i see a pictures thread, i see full heads of hair inside

wait till after my exams are over, then i'll post mine. i've lost most of my hair on front top and loads of recession in just over a year. good thing i look like a dude with a skin head though. I once got worked up as you did about mine, but there's much more to life than hair. Now I can intimidate people just by looking at them, which is pretty cool.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Bet24 said:
jeffsss said:
Bet24 said:

good luck man.

man you can see the scalp in almost every human being with wet hair, even on girls...., but no, without gel or water I cant see my scalp under bright light... I know that because I work for a fashion store, so there you can find almost every bright light in this world and a lot of mirrors.. also those mean dressing room lights.. I always look bald under those lights :lol: (with wet hair only btw)

i think you know what i mean..

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
Bet24 said:
jeffsss said:
Bet24 said:

good luck man.

i think you know what i mean..

yes I know ;) but Im going to tell you... your hair is fine mate, go out and have fun, you are wasting a precious time in your life thinking about your hair.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm almost too angry for words after reading this topic.

You motherfucker, Jeffsss. You f*****g a**h**. All the sh*t I have given you in the past is now completely warranted.

Here I was thinking that maybe your hair was getting thinner and flatter along the lines of a NW3 or something. I mean, you almost had me! I was willing to give over to the fact that a good bout of extreme hairloss COULD set off such anxiety, depression and general drama queen-ness in a young man.

I mean, yesterday I thought the situation had to be pretty bad if you were actually seriously looking for career options where you could wear a hat to hide your hideous hair. And all those times you talked about suicidal thoughts and never wanting to go out in public because you now look like a freak.

Some people even thought you had killed yourself or something when you disappeared from the forums late last year.

I thought, "Hmmm...maybe he's got old school McConnaughey recession and thinning, and is just being a little dramatic..."

But no. You have f*****g boy band hair!

This MUST be a joke. It is, right?! Please tell me this has all been a cunning little joke to put one over some seriously balding folks...? Tell me that, Jeffsss. If you tell me that, I'll probably even respect your ruse. I'm a prankster at times myself and pretty good at knowing when I'm on the receiving end of such, so you'll have got one over me.

If there is hair loss there at all, then it's nothing Propecia can't handle. You definitely don't need all the other sh*t you're taking.

All it looks like is that you're getting your 'mature' hairline, which happens to everyone!

Ugh, you motherfucker. You should be banned for this sh*t.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I went through the same thing that Jeffsss did back in my early 20's. My hairline, from a "real estate" perspective was perfect, but for the first time in my life I could see definite thinning along the temples.

It freaked me out, big time. Although my hairline was okay as far as others might be concerned, it was sort of a brush with the fact that I was getting older, and going to start getting balder. And quickly.

It's not so much the actual hairline that can freak one out, for someone young, the very fact that they are seeing clear and convincing evidence that male pattern baldness and balding are going to be a part of their lives in the near future can be a very legitimate cause of anxiety.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Freestyle said:

You motherfucker, Jeffsss. You f****ing a**h**. All the $#iT I have given you in the past is now completely warranted.

Here I was thinking that maybe your hair was getting thinner and flatter along the lines of a NW3 or something. I mean, you almost had me! I was willing to give over to the fact that a good bout of extreme hairloss COULD set off such anxiety, depression and general drama queen-ness in a young man.

I mean, yesterday I thought the situation had to be pretty bad if you were actually seriously looking for career options where you could wear a hat to hide your hideous hair. And all those times you talked about suicidal thoughts and never wanting to go out in public because you now look like a freak.

Some people even thought you had killed yourself or something when you disappeared from the forums late last year.

I thought, "Hmmm...maybe he's got old school McConnaughey recession and thinning, and is just being a little dramatic..."

But no. You have f****ing boy band hair!

This MUST be a joke. It is, right?! Please tell me this has all been a cunning little joke to put one over some seriously balding folks...? Tell me that, Jeffsss. If you tell me that, I'll probably even respect your ruse. I'm a prankster at times myself and pretty good at knowing when I'm on the receiving end of such, so you'll have got one over me.

If there is hair loss there at all, then it's nothing Propecia can't handle. You definitely don't need all the other $#iT you're taking.

All it looks like is that you're getting your 'mature' hairline, which happens to everyone!

Ugh, you motherfucker. You should be banned for this $#iT.

my friend. if you saw me in person, you would definatley not be thinking "boy band hair"

yes, that is a very good pic of my hair, after hours of styling it and in good lighting it looks very acceptable. I could almost pass as someone who isnt losing any hair at all. when in fact.. i'm losing it very quickly..
since i've only been on this forum since.. october?? what did you expect? me to be a cue ball?

I am 26, and it is freaking me out.. all of my friends no matter older or younger arnt losing any hair.. and i am.

it sucks. people are noticing, i can't use hair gel.. i lose hair everywhere. i find it my keyboard, car dash board, pillows, etc. ...

it's very clear to everyone in my life that i'm losing my hair.

i wake up, feel my head.. and it's like it's not even mine!! and my hair is longer than it's ever been.

hair loss is f*****g with my head.. I have what a psychologist called "fourtune telling" problems.. where i look into the future too much and read way into it. I'm on lexapro, and xanax. i'm not joking and why the hell would i be on this forum if i wasnt legitiamitly losing hair?

hair loss effects everyone differently. I'm 26, my girl is 21.. we've been together for almost 5 years.. ( yes i realize i was with her when she was 16 and i was 21) but now she's 21 and i freak out about losing her over hair loss... she's in her prime and i'm losing hair!!>

and what if things dont work out with us? i'm loising my confidence almost as fast as my hair.. i wear hats whenever possible.. this is no joke my friend.

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
Again.......WTF is WRONG with you? :?

I've seen your doomsday posts for a solid three months now...I thought you had recessed at LEAST two-three steps down the norwwod scale in less than three months, but obviously no, that's not the case.

If I recall correctly you've been to three dermatologists, a hair transplant clinic and a shrink because of your "hairloss". They must've of thought you were crazy...as do the rest of us now.

jeffsss

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
I went through the same thing that Jeffsss did back in my early 20's. My hairline, from a "real estate" perspective was perfect, but for the first time in my life I could see definite thinning along the temples.

It freaked me out, big time. Although my hairline was okay as far as others might be concerned, it was sort of a brush with the fact that I was getting older, and going to start getting balder. And quickly.

It's not so much the actual hairline that can freak one out, for someone young, the very fact that they are seeing clear and convincing evidence that male pattern baldness and balding are going to be a part of their lives in the near future can be a very legitimate cause of anxiety.

least someone understands.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
Freestyle said:

You motherfucker, Jeffsss. You f****ing a**h**. All the $#iT I have given you in the past is now completely warranted.

But no. You have f****ing boy band hair!

If there is hair loss there at all, then it's nothing Propecia can't handle. You definitely don't need all the other $#iT you're taking.

Ugh, you motherfucker. You should be banned for this $#iT.

my friend. if you saw me in person, you would definatley not be thinking "boy band hair"

yes, that is a very good pic of my hair, after hours of styling it and in good lighting it looks very acceptable. I could almost pass as someone who isnt losing any hair at all. when in fact.. i'm losing it very quickly..
since i've only been on this forum since.. october?? what did you expect? me to be a cue ball?

I am 26, and it is freaking me out.. all of my friends no matter older or younger arnt losing any hair.. and i am.

it sucks. people are noticing, i can't use hair gel.. i lose hair everywhere. i find it my keyboard, car dash board, pillows, etc. ...

it's very clear to everyone in my life that i'm losing my hair.

i wake up, feel my head.. and it's like it's not even mine!! and my hair is longer than it's ever been.

hair loss is f****ing with my head.. I have what a psychologist called "fourtune telling" problems.. where i look into the future too much and read way into it. I'm on lexapro, and xanax. i'm not joking and why the hell would i be on this forum if i wasnt legitiamitly losing hair?

hair loss effects everyone differently. I'm 26, my girl is 21.. we've been together for almost 5 years.. ( yes i realize i was with her when she was 16 and i was 21) but now she's 21 and i freak out about losing her over hair loss... she's in her prime and i'm losing hair!!>

and what if things dont work out with us? i'm loising my confidence almost as fast as my hair.. i wear hats whenever possible.. this is no joke my friend.

Oh, I really agree that there's something wrong with your head.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with hair loss.

I'm 26. I have HALF the hair you have. Even now, I have a girlfriend who tells me that I'm being overly dramatic when I decide to wear a cap out to lunch or something when I haven't had a chance to put Kerasome or something in. I KNOW I'm being dramatic about my hair loss, because I'm a vain person and people with hair loss far worse than mine have no problems out in public. But even at my worst, I'm nowhere near 10% of the drama you conjure up.

At my BEST, I had the same amount of hair you do now. And I used to get complimented by hairdressers all the time about my hair.

You're complaining about a friggin scorched finger in a third-degree burns ward.

Okay, I'm going to stop being an a**h** for a moment here and give it to you straight, despite the fact of how angry I am:

You don't need to be here, Jeffsss.

You're on Propecia, and I think you're going to have good success with it. Use Minoxidil and Nizoral if it makes you feel better, but I seriously don't think you need them.

From your photos, you seem to be in good shape and you're a good looking guy. You should be happy about those two things, but you should also be happy about the fact that you've caught your hair loss in the VERY early stages, and your chances of a full recovery are very high. Not guaranteed, but about as good a odds as you'll ever get.

Even if you only maintain for the next 7-10 years, you should be over the moon. By then, there'll be cures for you should the problem get any worse.

If you have anything to be depressed about, it's not hair loss. Keep going to your shrink and find the real cause of your anxiety and depression.

And you should take every word I've said here as gospel because, out of everyone on this forum, I'm the one who will not bullshit you and hold your hand just to calm your nerves. I'd much rather yell at you and berate you, so the fact that I'm telling you calmly and seriously that you'll be just fine really counts for something.

jeffsss

Reaction score
well, all i can offer is that i genuinely am losing hair..

my hair is ultra fine thin, and i lose a lot of it every day..

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you should get a professional opinion on your hair loss. A lot of people can see scalp when they use gel, it is completely normal. You could be in the early stages of hair loss, but it is also normal to shed hairs. If you shed loads of hairs and have hairs come out practically every time you run your fingers through your hair then it is likely to be the real thing. Also, is there any hair loss in your family?

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
normal hairline. Maybe a little little bit but nothing to worry about. Don't take any drugs like propecia. Your hair is fine.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fuckin son of a b**ch...I read many posts from jeffs before this and I thought this guy was balding like me...but now I see this post and this f****r has got all the hair in the world...probably what I had when I was 20. I think its just on your head...f*** dude

powersam

Reaction score
yeah so jeffss is a bit of a nutjob, whats new? look everyone had a freakout when they first realised they were losing their hair, he just went nuts and couldnt stop talking about how his life was over. he's not the first on this site to do it either, some of which have been posting rather hypocritically in this thread. some people are just a little bit too excitable.