wow, check out my hair!!

jeffsss

Reaction score
after using this new type of hair control putty, i'm able to conceal a lot of missing hair b/c this stuff doesnt make your hair stick together. so it's dry, but controlled. looks great under normal lighting.. not outside tho :cry:

oh yea. and there is my huge forehead, with my huge zits and oily skin.

0109hair002.jpg

jeffsss

Reaction score
oh and this will be the last pic of me with long hair. i'm getting cut real short thursday.

it's unacceptable for people my age (26) to try to conceal hair loss.

damn this day and age!!

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever remarked that you maybe loosing hair or goin a little thin?

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Jeff, you hair does look pretty damn good there. What is it that you use in it? I think I remember reading one of your posts before. It's got2b right? What's the actual name of the product...I might have to pick some up.

Also, don't know if your regimen's working or not because I don't know what your hair looked like a year ago but your hair looks pretty good to me.

jeffsss

Reaction score
everysixseconds said:
has anyone ever remarked that you maybe loosing hair or goin a little thin?

yes :cry:

when i tried to use gel at work a few months back.. one guy said.. damn dude, you need to stop using gel, i can see your scalp..

from that day on i tried everythign to style my hair.. from hair spray to american crew styling lotion.

jeffsss

Reaction score
EasyEd said:
Jeff, you hair does look pretty damn good there. What is it that you use in it? I think I remember reading one of your posts before. It's got2b right? What's the actual name of the product...I might have to pick some up.

Also, don't know if your regimen's working or not because I don't know what your hair looked like a year ago but your hair looks pretty good to me.

thanks Ed.
yes the brand it got2b and the product is molding putty. it comes in a little silver cylinder. it works great. very hard to find, so when i found it at a drug store.. i bought them all.

reason why my hair may look acceptable is because i've only been losing hair for about 6 months. my regimine is not working so far. i'll try to find a pic from a year ago and post it.

EDIT: can't find any pics that are worth while.. they're all from far away..

jeffsss

Reaction score
rtg313s said:
You're not even receeding, far less losing your hair
Aplunk1 said:
That's what I said.

you guy's have got to be kidding me. I realize that I do not have a bald spot yet. but the hair on my hairline and temples are so thin it cannot be styled with anything other than the molding putty i talked about.

I guess pictures are hard to go by when my hair is long and the light isnt good.

I've had a couple people comment on how my hair looks thinner/flatter. and it's not a suprise.. i lose a lot of hair every day.

let me remind you of my temples that i posted before..

0106hair007.jpg

does someone have to be a slick NW7 to be considered for hair loss??

rtg313s

Reaction score
Well, if the molding putty works, then use that. Hair problem solved. No you don't have to be a NW7, but your temples aren't even receeding...At All. Maybe your hair is just flatter b/c it's winter

G

jeffsss, when I saw the first two pics you posted there, I was shocked about the amount of hair you have, because I was not sure if you were the jeffsss that has complained and was depressed about your hairloss here for the last months

I thought this guy must be kidding us, if this guy compains, what is left to me that am in a really worse situation than you, and all the other guys here, that are NW3+

But when I saw this last pic, I can see a little recesion there, but take in mind that you are really lucky to caught it in time, you still have almost a full head of hair. How about your crown?

Take care about having the hair so long. I had the hair very long, when I started posting in this forum, i even posted some pics, and it did not look so bad.

but when i shaved and let it grow half centimeter, damn, you can clearly see where is the exact problem.

and with the hair so long, is not so easy to apply the topic into the scalp, a lot of it stays in the hair.

off topic (almost): I have not seen pictures of men with more than NW2 lately. Why is that? are they shy to post? or they just go for a hair transplant?

every time i see a pictures thread, i see full heads of hair inside

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GoodGuy said:
jeffsss, when I saw the first two pics you posted there, I was shocked about the amount of hair you have, because I was not sure if you were the jeffsss that has complained and was depressed about your hairloss here for the last months

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Dude, your hair is great...it almost makes me feel bad that you are feeling as bad as me and have a ton of hair.

I didn't realize I was even losing my hair until I'd thinned considerably.

Keep up your maintenance regimen, but don't be so upset over it, your hair is excellent. What you are experiencing is a typical mature hairline, not necesarily male pattern baldness.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to agree w/ everyone else that you are have been seriously exagerating your condition. You are starting to get some recession in the form of thinning hairline, but that is it. You may slowly creap up to a NW2 and stay there for years. Yeah it sucks, but the way you have been taking it is ridiculous. I think you really need to start looking at the hair you have rather than the little you have lost.

The Bald Beach Boy

Reaction score
Your hair looks great.
Is there anything that anybody here can say that will stop you getting so stressed over this?
I'd kill for hair like that as would probably everybody else that writes here.
I don't know how old you are but I very much doubt you are going to lose your hair at an early age. Take it easy!

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
jesus man...your hair looks fine.

Really don't want to belittle your problems but..

What the HELL was all the fuss about?

jeffsss

Reaction score
guys, i realize that I am not as bad as some people are, especially on this forum.

keep in mind that I've just turned 26, and although it looks like i have tons of hair, i dont. In fact. I'll take a picture of my hair wet. all that fluffed up hair is going to sit on my head like paper.

the reason mainly why i'm soo upset is that i have a real self-confidence problem. not only do i have bad acne.. on my face, shoulders, back, but i have oily skin. I have a larger than normal head. and now i'm losing my hair.

it's going rather quickly too, I could litterally use hair glue in my hair in september.. that's how thick it was.. I'm losing hair like crazy and it's not slowing down at all.

I dont' see anyone else posting pics of their hair line.. maybe a few.. but not many.. but when someone does, you tell them their fine.. and they have tons of hair.

my hairline hasnt receeeded? are you kidding me? I wish i had a pic on my computer from a few years back.

i look at people at my gym all the time.. 90% of people my age do NOT have this bad of a hair line. on this forum? yes.. in real life? no.

you can see a small marble sized spot that's grown where my crown is.. i apply minoxidil there and my hair line daily.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
guys, i realize that I am not as bad as some people are, especially on this forum.

keep in mind that I've just turned 26, and although it looks like i have tons of hair, i dont. In fact. I'll take a picture of my hair wet. all that fluffed up hair is going to sit on my head like paper.

the reason mainly why i'm soo upset is that i have a real self-confidence problem. not only do i have bad acne.. on my face, shoulders, back, but i have oily skin. I have a larger than normal head. and now i'm losing my hair.

it's going rather quickly too, I could litterally use hair glue in my hair in september.. that's how thick it was.. I'm losing hair like crazy and it's not slowing down at all.

I dont' see anyone else posting pics of their hair line.. maybe a few.. but not many.. but when someone does, you tell them their fine.. and they have tons of hair.

my hairline hasnt receeeded? are you kidding me? I wish i had a pic on my computer from a few years back.

i look at people at my gym all the time.. 90% of people my age do NOT have this bad of a hair line. on this forum? yes.. in real life? no.

you can see a small marble sized spot that's grown where my crown is.. i apply minoxidil there and my hair line daily.

I totally understand what you're going through.

From age 19 to 20 I went from a NW0 to a NW2 with horrid frontal diffuse thinning. I am now almost 22 and while the recession has ceased and the frontal thinning filled in a bit, I am now experiencing diffuse thinning everywhere else on the top of my head. So I know what you're going through.

You're doing all you can. I understand that you've always worn your hair kind of long and maybe it's time to find a new hairstyle to suit your hair loss pattern. Perhaps short on the sides with 2 inches on the top pushed forward and spiked up in the front? Have you tried Toppik to thicken up those spots where you think you're thinning?

Just keep it up the routine bro.

jeffsss

Reaction score
-cj- said:
Have you tried Toppik to thicken up those spots where you think you're thinning?

Just keep it up the routine bro.

only reason i'm not going that route.. is when it gets bad it's going to look like i lost my hair overnight when i dont use it.

i'm pluggin along.. hoping that my regimine will soon help!