Would You Date A Woman Who Wears A Wig?

Meed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe I haven't posted enough yet. Because I don't see that I have that option? Ha ha I feel (and probably am) so much older than most on here....I could write books and books on the impact of hairless. I literally read everything I could find and every message forum I could find for years and years...12 years of this, 30-40 (potentially) more to go. Finding whatever you need to do to help you cope as best you can is key.....for me it was cutting my hair very short and wearing full wigs. Many women find that too drastic. I could not cope with watching it go away each day.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends on which type of wig you wear. I spent thousands of dollars a year on high end pieces (and I'm not wealthy, so it's a struggle). They look pretty realistic and everybody who knows says they can't tell, I also always wore bangs so that hides the rim. But you can feel it is not natural hair is you run your hands near my scalp, and I can't swim/shower in them. For men who glue a top thin skin piece, I would think it doesn't feel as fake, but I do understand the stigma of wearing hair for men is much much worse than women, while the stigma of hairloss itself for women is worse than for men. For me as a female, hairless has made me feel less feminine and more masculine, on top of the other emotions. I don't think the same can be said for men, young or old who are losing their hair. I think it just makes men feel old or freakish/sick. Me as a female, I feel old, freakish/sick, AND masculine. BUT It sucks majorly for all. I read the men's boards and feel the pain of the young men going through this and realize my son is going to go through it also. He's got awful hair genes on both sides. I would gladly lose every hair on my head for him to not go through it. Hugs to all.

So funny you say it makes you feel more masculine, well I can tell you hairloss on a guy makes you feel LESS masculine so its really 6 of one.
I have never felt less masculine than when I was REALLY thinning. Even with the hair transplant I still feel like a massive chunk of my "man" is just gone. Its what it is.
The funny thing is you will feel masculine but can wear a wig and conceal it. Most people will understand.
Men put on a wig and its even MORE emasculating for them. They do it to present the virility and strength a good head of hair portrays but deep inside its killing them a little more. Im not saying the same emotions wouldnt affect you to but at least you would not deal with the ridicule a man would if that emasculating secret was surprisingly revealed.

Im sorry but men still have it harder to me in this category.
But you know, just love yourself, present confidence and self esteem, radiate good vibes and all that jazz. Or get a hot body and start being a little looser in the sack.
At least as a woman you have option 2. You could just sack a bunch of guys and hope one sticks. Guys have to waste pride, money and time and rarely still get laid.

Im going to add an update here.
Everytime we (men and women) post one of these hypothetical questions its complete and utter sh*t. I was actually googling polls about "oh would you girls date a balding guy" and thinking to myself the odds of really hearing what you want from WHO you want.

You arent posting this question here for a group of guys suffering baldness to answer you. You already KNOW that answer. Most would because its equal ground.
What you REALLY want to know is would THIS guy date you.
images

Answer in short..... probably not.
Same as guy creating polls for their own self esteem boosts.
For he most part 10s will say "I will not date a bald guy"
Some below that might but it will be to be nice. The majority of women who will entertain the idea are going to be less attractive. Im speaking averages NOT 100% every time.
Asking these questions is like asking the average person on live television if they are at all racist. Of course they will say no, they may even believe it but mehhhhhhhhh deep down........

Last edited:

Meed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think men "look" less masculine with less hair and more feminine? I don't think that. I can see where losing something you consider to be part of your youth and virility making you "feel" less masculine, but (in my opinion) hairloss is in no way a feminizing trait at all. I believe women absolutely look less feminine and pretty with less hair or receded hair, or hair that won't grow past chin length, etc. My father is heavily bald (NOTHING on top for years). I inherited his big nose and big feet. I am otherwise a small petite female. When I started losing my hair, I literally felt like I was turning into my dad. I wear long flowing wigs and they keep me looking young and pretty, but without them and makeup, with my GI Jane hair cut, I look like my father did when he was in the military. I do agree for most men, wearing fake hair is just not an option. I am very thankful for my wigs, they have kept me sane. I feel like me in them and don't ever go without them, except when I take a shower. Nobody sees the natural me, including boyfriend or son. I may look pretty and get hit on by men a lot, but I always think, dude, if you only knew.......

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think men "look" less masculine with less hair and more feminine? I don't think that. I can see where losing something you consider to be part of your youth and virility making you "feel" less masculine, but (in my opinion) hairloss is in no way a feminizing trait at all. I believe women absolutely look less feminine and pretty with less hair or receded hair, or hair that won't grow past chin length, etc. My father is heavily bald (NOTHING on top for years). I inherited his big nose and big feet. I am otherwise a small petite female. When I started losing my hair, I literally felt like I was turning into my dad. I wear long flowing wigs and they keep me looking young and pretty, but without them and makeup, with my GI Jane hair cut, I look like my father did when he was in the military. I do agree for most men, wearing fake hair is just not an option. I am very thankful for my wigs, they have kept me sane. I feel like me in them and don't ever go without them, except when I take a shower. Nobody sees the natural me, including boyfriend or son. I may look pretty and get hit on by men a lot, but I always think, dude, if you only knew.......

Less masculine, feminine is relative to the individual. Most men would say they "feel" less masculine. we are in an age where masculinity and femininity are being gauged by plain physical appeal.
Masculinity isnt the guy working on a truck or tilling a field. Its taken an odd turn where its the NW1, lean tall banker looking guy. I dont think a bald head or wig would make a women look less feminine. Id motorboat any part of Amber Rose any DAY! Like I said a good enough body will make you look feminine. Also being "less masculine" doesnt equate to looking "more feminine", it just means you dont look masculine.
Again wigs to me are just freaky fun.
Ill tell you Ive always had an odd affinity towards Jewish girls (dont ask me why) so the feet and nose would prob be a weird turn on for me
Im 35 yet have the belligerence of an 80 year old

Sadly I am also turning into my dad physically and it makes me want to throw up in my mouth daily. My brother got my moms side along with my sis. Youthful looks, virtually no genetic fails and great hair.

Last edited:

Meed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairloss is relative to the individual definitely. And some are more okay with it than others. I only would ever listen to the advice or opinions from another person going through it.

My husband was losing a good chunk of his by the time he was your age. I had just started to lose mine. To me, It didn't take away from his handsomeness, and he never seemed much bothered by it. Funny, he expected me to be okay with my hairloss because he was okay with his. Maybe he faked it. I don't know. I see what you are saying, but I am old enough that I find the working man with or without hair far sexier, than the office worker with soft hands, but I guess you don't see a lot of young working men these days. I apologize, I can't think like a young girl.....you guys aren't even supposed to have any body hair which I find so strange.....

My dad was losing his by 20 which is why I worry so badly for my teenage son. He has my dad's (and my) super fine hair texture. As bad as this has been for me, I'd give anything for my son to not go through it.

Orthodox jewish women wear gorgeous human hair wigs to hide their natural hair. Crazy huh?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
you guys aren't even supposed to have any body hair which I find so strange.....

nice thanks for reminding me on that to. Im covered in dumb deigo body hair while my brother and sis are smooth as baby's bottoms. I wish I lived in the 70s! I would have been perfect then. I mean I would have DEFINITELY pioneered shaving the pubic region because that sh*t just has to GO, but at least I wouldnt be shaving my chest, back and arms every week! Oddly I also do NOT grow good facial hair. Very patchy.

Meed

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am Italian too and can shave my legs twice a day. I guess it means little to nothing that a 46 year old woman at least thinks she can sympathize with you. I'm sure I can't because my journey is different from yours. Does it help you at all that you are at least of an age that most young women consider "prime?" I have to go back and read your threads...

I had to laugh at your comment about being loosey goosey because I am losing my hair.....I would feel desperate doing that and would rather be alone the rest of my life. I remember when I first single after starting to wear wigs, I asked my thick haired girlfriend if she thought guys would still want to sleep with me knowing I wore wigs. She said most guys will sleep with anything........that did not make me feel better.....

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I remember when I first single after starting to wear wigs, I asked my thick haired girlfriend if she thought guys would still want to sleep with me knowing I wore wigs. She said most guys will sleep with anything........that did not make me feel better.....

If you meant only guys that you find interesting, then I appreciate the distinction. :D

I think it's valuable that you're posting here,
you can't possibly diminish the 'kill buzz fumigations' that
routinely pump life into our precious pity party around here.

BTW Welcome Meed I look forward to your continued sensible/sensitive exchanges.
Please pay little mind to my occasional flippant, sardonic attitudes.

T

tellersquill

To answer the original question, I would date someone in a wig as long as they had characteristics that I always go for: decent face, nice to be around, intelligent, travels, and is affectionate.

T

tellersquill

Nah, I wouldn't date someone who wasn't intelligent and caring.

I've actually dated a few people who were pretty but emotionally cold and I couldn't take it.

I'm the kind of person who has to show love and also feel it return.