Would You Date A Woman Who Wears A Wig?

Mellie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been dealing with hair loss for about a year. It started off at Telogen Effluvium but now I'm told I also have Androgenetic Alopecia, which sucks! Losing her hair for a woman is quite traumatic (as it is for men) but since female baldness isn't as common and socially accepted, it causes us a lot of distress, depression and worrying about what will happen. I'm still in the very early stages (nobody can see my hair loss) and currently fighting it with Rogaine. Im single and its been hard for me to want to date since all this started. I feel very, very self conscious. I think about possibly wearing supplemental hair (topper or wig) in the future but was wondering how men felt about it. What would be your reaction if you found out that the woman you're dating wears a wig/topper?

I also would like to add that as far as I'm
concerned a guys hair doesn't matter to me at all. In fact, I dated a super attractive guy who was completely bald. Never had an issue with it.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Women wear paint on their faces, fake eyelashes, high heels, push up bras, have their hair dyed....a wig is just one more addition. It wouldn't matter much to me. Like a piece of clothing.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fake nails, fake eye lashes, fake skin, fake eyebrows, fake lips, fake breasts, fake height (heels), fake personalities....

You think men are going to draw the line with wigs when there's already that much fraud happening? LOL.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I don't think it would be a deal breaker for me if I still found her attractive.

As has been pointed out, supplemental add ons to a woman's appearance are socially acceptable, with no stigma attached.

On the opposite side of that, would you date a man who wears a wig?

Mellie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not too familiar with wigs for men. I guess it would be a little more difficult for them to look realistic. But I know they have hair systems that look and feel very real. I guess I long as it looked very natural, I wouldn't mind if it made him happy.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not too familiar with wigs for men. I guess it would be a little more difficult for them to look realistic. But I know they have hair systems that look and feel very real. I guess I long as it looked very natural, I wouldn't mind if it made him happy.

But would it make YOU happy initially?

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
I have seen one bald women in my entire life and to be honest,
it made me feel that my NW6 is nothing in front of her problem.
She has lost 4/5 cm of hairline,
If you ever seen Ronaldo brazil Haircut...
her hairloss was opposite of that.

I have a daring to go anywhere with my baldness,to any place without feeling odd.
But i lost my all strength just looking at her problem.

I don't wont to hurt anyone here.

My one female close relative(about 55 age) is losing hairs(diffuse at area of 2 cm breath X 1 cm height) near her hairline.
They are very anxious about it.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Why would anyone be happy that someone is wearing a wig? Male or female. Personally, I would prefer that the guy just shaved his head and be done with it. At least men have that option.

Nobody is stopping you from shaving your head either.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would anyone be happy that someone is wearing a wig? Male or female. Personally, I would prefer that the guy just shaved his head and be done with it. At least men have that option.

So, you wouldn't be happy initially, therefor, a physical turn off. Now the important question:

Given that you know a guy is bald and wears a wig that turns you off, do you still date him?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I will join the chorus of men here saying that it would not bother me but I have to add some things that at least some other guys here probably agree with.

Keep in mind that like the other guys here I am dealing with significant hair loss. I know me and I know I'm a worthwhile and good human being. Since I know that I'm a worthwhile and good human being despite my own hair loss I can transpose that same kind of thinking to other people. Hence, I understand that just because a woman has lost her hair does not mean she is an unworthy and bad person. Capisce?

Now if I myself were not dealing with hair loss I may not be able to find my way to that same conclusion when I first meet a woman. If I still had my hair and a bald woman tried to pick up on me I would probably not be able to see past her hair loss. I'm sorry and I don't want to hurt your feelings but I want to be honest because I don't want you getting yourself into an awkward situation because I lied to you. My advice to you is the following:

1. If you insist on being with a man who has a full head of hair ask yourself why. Perhaps you devalue bald men. Still, if you want a man who has a full head of hair then I advise you to spend a few months with him before letting him know that your hair is a hairpiece. Give him a chance to get to liking you before you tell him. Before I myself lost hair I may not have gone out with a balding woman for that all-important first date, but if I didn't know she was losing her hair and I got to liking her I wouldn't have hurt her over her hair loss once I felt attached to her. But that is me. There are men with hair who would never be able to see past her hair loss. No matter how much time they spent with a woman they would dump her if she lost her hair. I've seen both men and women do cruel things. You should get to know a man and make sure he's a nice guy before you get too involved. Getting romantically involved with someone is an investment.

2. Consider going out with a balding guy. You can fall in love with a guy losing hair the same as you can fall in love with a man who has his hair after you go through the intellectual process that he is not a bad or unworthy person just because he has lost his hair. And it should be easy for you to go through that intellectual process since you have lost hair and you know that your hair loss doesn't make you an unworthy and bad person.

3. I think almost all the guys losing their hair have more empathy for women losing their hair than guys who aren't losing their hair do. I think that some, but not all, of the guys with all their hair think that women losing their hair are freaky or something. I've heard the things that men with hair say about women who lose their hair. Be careful with guys who have hair because they could hurt your feelings.

And I know you want to know if a man could still find you attractive if you wore a hairpiece instead of having a full head of your own hair so I will tell you that when I see before and after pics of women wearing hair pieces I get attracted to the ones that are pretty and I don't get attracted to the ones that aren't pretty. This means that your concern (that all men might be unable to get attracted to you) can probably be overcome if you give a man who's losing his own hair a chance. I think that the fact that I'm losing my own hair makes me see her hair loss in a totally different light than a man with his hair can possibly see her. Her hair piece doesn't bother me at all and I don't care at all if she has lost her hair under her hairpiece. If her hairpiece makes her attractive then I'm attracted to her. Period. I think most balding men feel the same way I do.

This is just my personal opinion and I hope it helps.

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
Hair systems look real

keyword LOOK

They do not feel real. especially with a mane shorter then 3 inches.

Feels like bristles.

it's all smoke and mirrors. All though a long hair system on a women will feel real

You will still wear a hat every where you go, especially during the day time. The sun rekts havoc on a system, and within days will change the color. From my experience at least. I had a wig that went from dark brown to dirty blonde from being exposed to 1 hour a day of sun light. Granted I used UV protection spray, it did nothing.

So you will be a hat prisoner by day, exposed wig by night

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Hair systems look real

keyword LOOK

They do not feel real. especially with a mane shorter then 3 inches.

Feels like bristles.

it's all smoke and mirrors. All though a long hair system on a women will feel real

And this is all the more reason she should consider a man in the same situation for a mate.
She will need help with maintenance of her hairpiece.

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I suspect that a decent hair piece on a man could significantly increase one's short term sexual/romantic prospects, but could make long term prospects very difficult, once the woman becomes aware of the piece and associates it with both baldness and insecurity.

Still better than not getting laid at all.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I suspect that a decent hair piece on a man could significantly increase one's short term sexual/romantic prospects, but could make long term prospects very difficult, once the woman becomes aware of the piece and associates it with both baldness and insecurity.

No experience with pieces myself though...might be some decent women out there who are accepting of it

Could you imagine going out with a woman and you two get intimate and she discovers you are wearing a hairpiece. What a nightmare that would be...especially for some guy like me who needs longish hair. Forget that.
Even thinking about it is nightmarish. How depressing. Gotta go.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you imagine going out with a woman and you two get intimate and she discovers you are wearing a hairpiece. What a nightmare that would be...especially for some guy like me who needs longish hair. Forget that.

Could be awkward as f*ck. I imagine even learning how to fool around with a woman without raising her suspicions would take some trial and error.

shookwun

Reaction score
They will inevitably find out 100%

Since I have been on both spectrum, I will tell you first hand that I would rather have a thinning mane that is kept high and tight then go that route again. Your life will be a crutch when you go the hair piece route. Everything you do will revolve around the safety of your artificial apparatus. Forget random camping, and backpacking. Make sure you work an office job, and are exposed to minimal outdoors elements.

it was an absolute nuisance. I have been growing out my mane, and I am loving it now. it was ludicrous for me to even try a wig.. but I did anyway.

A wig is a good option for men who are over NW5 and basically have no hope.

A hair transplant is the only viable option, even if you don't have a thick head of hair. it's yours, and you own it. A lot can be achieved, and accomplished with todays transplants, and medication. There is no reason for you to go bald given the resources we have. Unless of course you are a rare species who cannot afford nor respond to medication.

I had 4 bedroom encounters while I had a wig, and I couldn't take my mind off the hair piece. I was always thinking about it. trying to position myself so she doesn't have me in a vulnerable position where she can rub, and stroke my hair. it was absolute rubbish. I couldn't even focus on sex. grabbing her hand away, and play it off like I wanted to pin her down... blah

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
They will inevitably find out 100%

Since I have been on both spectrum, I will tell you first hand that I would rather have a thinning mane that is kept high and tight then go that route again. Your life will be a crutch when you go the hair piece route. Everything you do will revolve around the safety of your artificial apparatus. Forget random camping, and backpacking. Make sure you work an office job, and are exposed to minimal outdoors elements.

it was an absolute nuisance. A wig is a good option for men who are over NW5 and basically have no hope.

I had 4 bedroom encounters while I had a wig, and I couldn't take my mind off the hair piece. I was always thinking about it. trying to position myself so she doesn't have me in a vulnerable position where she can rub, and stroke my hair. it was absolute rubbish. I couldn't even focus on sex. grabbing her hand away, and play it off like I wanted to pin her down... blah

For myself, I see no point to a relationship until I find a way out of this disaster and I'm cool with spending the rest of my life alone. I have already come to terms with the possibility that I might spend the rest of my life alone and I will always know that my life was ruined by a disfigurement. Many people have had their lives ruined by various disfigurements and I'm no better than any of those people. Look at how the lives of people who have cleft lips are destroyed. That's just how it is - if you get disfigured your life is destroyed. .

That aside, I think that Mellie should consider dating a man who also has hair loss because that will solve a lot of the problems that you encountered with your hairpiece. If she dates a man who has hair loss then there's a good chance that she can tell him right from the start that she has a hairpiece and he might understand. This means she might not have to worry like you had to worry. You insisted on going out with women who have their hair and you knew they would not understand why you had a hairpiece. Also, lots of *informed* guys dealing with hair loss won't have weird thoughts about women dealing with hair loss because the informed guys dealing with hair loss understand that some women lose hair and they understand that when a person loses hair that does not mean anything negative about the person. And since he isn't thinking there's something peculiar about her he would probably appreciate her attractiveness with her hairpiece. And since he would understand the importance of discretion he could make sure he didn't take her places where her hairpiece could come undone and he could help her maintain her hairpiece so it stayed becoming and appropriate.

I think if she dates a man dealing with hair loss it could go a long way towards solving some of the problems you alluded to.

Last edited:

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
they still want nw1

imagine subhuman kid of nw7 father and bald mother...

but probably woman with wig and man with hairsystem looksmatched