Would you care about your hair so much if you were married?

shh5455

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems like the majority of the people on this board aren't married. It seems like that is the main reason they are freaked out about their hair, because they think they will have a hard time getting married. I got married 2.5 years ago (luckily before I started seeing signs of hairloss). I still come here everyday because losing my hair still sucks. Just wondering what the feeling is with the rest of you. If you were married would you still try so hard?

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm engaged and will be married soon, but hairloss still sucks. It certainly helps because if I was going through this right now single, it would make things a little harder but that doesn't change the fact that losing your hair at a fairly young age (25) still sucks. I've had people tell me I shouldn't be that self conscious about it because I'm engaged and because almost all of my close friends are balding too...but no matter what else is going on around me, it still sucks.

Sol_5

Reaction score
i'm getting married next year & i am dreading the video camera & the photos!!!

especially cause i use dermatch!!!!!

any ideas???

Felk

Reaction score
I tihnk it'd still be bad.

Now perhaps a year ago, before there was any thinning, I had awesome hair. Long curly, dark, and heaps of it. Like an afro.

Anyway, my girlfriend told me a while ago "the first thing that attracted me to you was... your hair" And has commented things like "Oh, you have the best hair..." etc. Now i havent had compliments like these from anyone for a little while, but when i was getting them when I knew I was losing my hair (early in this year) i woudl feel awful

powersam

Reaction score
back when marriage was a till death do you part thing i guess not. now with the divorce rates being what they are, being married doesnt seem like any guarantee of security.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am married for 5+ years.
I got onto the big 3 only 3 years after the marriage ( had used rogaine alone before marriage).
male pattern baldness sucks irrespective of if you are single or married and will bother you till grave.

jeffsss

Reaction score
engaged to a beautiful girl who doesnt care about my hair at all.

yes, hairloss bothers me.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
engaged to a beautiful girl who doesnt care about my hair at all.

yes, hairloss bothers me.

Jeff, we're on the same exact boat.

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinning said:
I wouldent care if I was married.

Everyone who says this would change their story in a big hurry if they WERE married. If you're so obsessed with your appearance now, you still would be when you were married, only instead of "omg I will never find a wife" it would be something like "omg they're all going to laugh at me and no one will hire me cause bald men are ridiculous omg also my wife will not sleep with me anymore and will have an affair with someone with a full head of hair and then divorce me and then since I let myself go bald while married I will never get another woman." Not to mention it sounds like you think that if you're married you can instantly slack off on your appearance cause they're forced to stay with you. I feel sorry for your wife, since you seem to be trying to look good now but as soon as you get married you will let your hair fall out and probably live on the couch in a wife-beater with mustard all over it and get tremendously fat and watch football constantly.

Relationships where you stop caring about appearing good to your partner usually don't have much time left. Obviously I'd feel better about my hair loss if I was married AND I was 100% sure that my wife didn't care (which obviously wouldn't be a guarantee), but I would probably still care unless my plan upon being married was to instantly get really ugly and never go out anymore and make my wife not want to have anything to do with me anymore. A caring wife that accepts it fully is a great coping method, but not necessarily a cure for any bad feelings. Especially when you consider the divorce rate in this country.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Married for 15 years....still care quite a bit about thinning. It gets a little better as you get older and you accept it more than when I was younger, but even my completely bald Dad feels like getting a transplant at 77 years old, he's says, which is crazy. So yes, it does bug most till their grave.

G

Thinning said:
Im not obsessed with my appearance, I just dont want to date fat chicks.

Well maybe they don't want to date bald guys.

Pretty shallow attitude.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
I need my hair to get a girl. Most decent looking girls care a lot about men's hair in the first moment. At least all the girls I talked with care about hairloss. If you find a decent looking girl that doesn't care about hairloss then send her.

Girls care a lot on the first moment you know them. If you lose your hair after years with being with her, then she will not care, because girls get in love, and don't worry if their males lose hair or get fat.

But for the first days you are knowing her, it is important.

That's why you see so many couples, where the girl is a beautiful, cute and feminine tall model, and the guy is a bald fat with loser aspect. But once, that guy was good looking. Since they are married, the guy didn't care anymore about his look, but the girl still loves him.

So, I think I would not care if I was married.

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
I_Hate_DHT said:
I need my hair to get a girl. Most decent looking girls care a lot about men's hair in the first moment. At least all the girls I talked with care about hairloss. If you find a decent looking girl that doesn't care about hairloss then send her.

I need to be tall to get a girl. Most decent looking girls care a lot about men's height in the first moment. At least all the girls I talked to like taller guys. If you find a decent looking girl that doesn't care about height then send her.

CCS

Reaction score
you don't have to be tall to get a good looking woman. height is one of many things women want. if fact, i think women prefer guys their own height, but they want men with bigger penises, which tall guys tend to have, and that out weighs the equal height wish. just look at gay men and lesbians. find some truthful ones, since most people will lie, and ask them if most match up with people their own height because they prefer that, or if it is because that is the best they can do. I've talked to gay men, and they say they prefer guys their own height. I know I prefer a woman as tall as me. i really think women want a guy their own height with a big penis, but will settle for a taller guy with a big one rather than take a short guy with a small one.

I've seen plenty of equal height couples, even short ones.

let me explain. women want a millionaire who is super hot, skilled, exciting, stable, etc, but you don't have to have nearly all that. looks make up for height, so does money, so does a bunch of stuff. most tall guys don't have all that other stuff. just work a bit harder than them.

oh, and tonight i was informed just how bad my clothes are, which i'm sure explains a lot. i was wearing a dark blue simple tee shirt, no buttons or collar; super formal black dress pants that come to within 3 inches of the ground; worn out running shoes. I've been wearing that every day for a while. I noticed before that when I where my shorts and tank top, i get hit on. anyway, some of my friends are back in town from summer vacation, took a look at my clothes, told me i'd get shot or thrown out if i go to a party dressed like that, and they took me shopping. he just picked out the same exact clothes he was wearing, in my size, at Old Navy. I LOVE how i look now. my eyes are now open.

powersam

Reaction score
CollegeChemistryStudent - please believe that i mean absolutely no offence by this question, but were you homeschooled or raised in a somewhat isolated environment? a lot of your posts read like they were written by someone who hasnt had the chance to fully develop in certain social aspects. ie/ you think in great depth about things most of us would simply take for granted.