Would you agree to never get a child/ never have gotten a child for lifelong nw1

theblitz6794

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want children. But if you flip the question to "Would you agree to have a child for lifelong nw1" I'd still say no

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have two boys aged 10 and 6, and we'll be expecting our third child (gender unknown) this July. It crosses my mind often that my sons may start losing their hair when they're older, and I often feel guilty for passing on my male pattern baldness genes to them. Their mother's family has fairly good hair genes, so maybe they'll get lucky. Our older boy has severe non-verbal autism, and so you could argue that having hair in the future won't be as important for him as for a neurotypical person, but it still might influence how people treat him. Sometimes I think it would have been better if our children had been girls, because then they wouldn't be destined to suffer from male pattern baldness when they're older. At least I can remain hopeful that there may be better treatments out by the time my sons are in their 20s. I'll certainly make my younger son aware of the treatment options available to him to prevent himself losing his hair when the time comes.

Edit: Of course having a physically and mentally healthy child is much more important than the gender of your child or the question of whether they will lose their hair in the future. I wasn't intending to imply otherwise.

Last edited:

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have two boys aged 10 and 6, and we'll be expecting our third child (gender unknown) this July. It crosses my mind often that my sons may start losing their hair when they're older, and I often feel guilty for passing on my male pattern baldness genes to them. Their mother's family has fairly good hair genes, so maybe they'll get lucky. Our older boy has severe non-verbal autism, and so you could argue that having hair in the future won't be as important for him as for a neurotypical person, but it still might influence how people treat him. Sometimes I think it would have been better if our children had been girls, because then they wouldn't be destined to suffer from male pattern baldness when they're older. At least I can remain hopeful that there may be better treatments out by the time my sons are in their 20s. I'll certainly make my younger son aware of the treatment options available to him to prevent himself losing his hair when the time comes.

If you had mild pattern hair loss and controlled it yourself, maybe your kid will get that in the worse case scenario. Like you my girl has excellent hair genetics on her side so that would be the better option. On my side it varies depending on which side I look at, but there is no premature severe hair loss thank God anywhere - just varies from full heads to early NWs or people who balded late in life. Either way, I wouldn't just want all girls...a mix of the two is perfect and a complete family. I understand why you would feel that due to the balding gene but I think the benefits totally outweigh the negative. The autism is sad though and I think having a physically and mentally healthy child is way more important.

Depression

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes at least if our sons suffer from male pattern baldness, we know that we will have to provide them with a lot of support because it is extremely hard psychologically.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding would have been eradicated by now had nazi Germany conquered the world. Eugenics were the solution but sadly cucked America had to go defeat Germany.
This is an inappropriate comment and untrue, given that the Germans were not focused on baldness at all from what I have discerned through history of the period. They were more focused on eye and hair color as being indicative of being more "Nordic" but above all they were criminally focused on Nazi's not having any sort of Jewish background. Since baldness is rampant among caucasians, any sort of overall exclusion based upon hair loss would not have been tenable.

You need to delete this comment.

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you had mild pattern hair loss and controlled it yourself, maybe your kid will get that in the worse case scenario. Like you my girl has excellent hair genetics on her side so that would be the better option. On my side it varies depending on which side I look at, but there is no premature severe hair loss thank God anywhere - just varies from full heads to early NWs or people who balded late in life. Either way, I wouldn't just want all girls...a mix of the two is perfect and a complete family. I understand why you would feel that due to the balding gene but I think the benefits totally outweigh the negative. The autism is sad though and I think having a physically and mentally healthy child is way more important.
Thanks, and I agree that what matters most is to have a healthy child. On second thought, like you, I think that I'd prefer to have a mix of sons and daughters rather than all my children being the same gender. We have two sons already and so I think it would be nice for our third to be a girl.

My hair loss began in my mid 20s, and it was aggressive. If I hadn't jumped on finasteride, I'd be completely bald by now at age 34. My dad, his brothers, and their dad all went bald young too, so it is very strong in the family genes. My sons probably will end up losing their hair at some point in the future, but there's a good chance that more effective treatments will be available in 20 years from now, so we can remain hopeful.

This is an inappropriate comment and untrue, given that the Germans were not focused on baldness at all from what I have discerned through history of the period. They were more focused on eye and hair color as being indicative of being more "Nordic" but above all they were criminally focused on Nazi's not having any sort of Jewish background. Since baldness is rampant among caucasians, any sort of overall exclusion based upon hair loss would not have been tenable.

I agree that he should delete it. I've seen that he's made other offensive comments in other threads too. I wonder if he might be the same person as a user called "That Guy" who was banned from the forums a few months ago for making pro-Nazi comments.

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes at least if our sons suffer from male pattern baldness, we know that we will have to provide them with a lot of support because it is extremely hard psychologically.
Very true, and only a father who has experienced hair loss himself would be able to truly understand what it is like to be in the shoes of his balding son.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Opposite for me, balding is what actually caused me to have a child.

Balding as a dad - typical, accepted by society, can live a fulfilling life, proof someone loves/loved you
Balding as a single man - suicide

Gunnersup

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gonna be honest bros, hairloss is proof that God does not exist. No God would give this much pain to a male. For no f*****g reason

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Opposite for me, balding is what actually caused me to have a child.

Balding as a dad - typical, accepted by society, can live a fulfilling life, proof someone loves/loved you
Balding as a single man - suicide
Imagine telling your child that he came to this world because dad was too insecure about his balding. I would be upset. Straight pussy sh*t

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

16672063_401.jpg

would you say hitler had good hair for his age? i think he is in his 40s there

semi serious question

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, and I agree that what matters most is to have a healthy child. On second thought, like you, I think that I'd prefer to have a mix of sons and daughters rather than all my children being the same gender. We have two sons already and so I think it would be nice for our third to be a girl.

My hair loss began in my mid 20s, and it was aggressive. If I hadn't jumped on finasteride, I'd be completely bald by now at age 34. My dad, his brothers, and their dad all went bald young too, so it is very strong in the family genes. My sons probably will end up losing their hair at some point in the future, but there's a good chance that more effective treatments will be available in 20 years from now, so we can remain hopeful.

I agree that he should delete it. I've seen that he's made other offensive comments in other threads too. I wonder if he might be the same person as a user called "That Guy" who was banned from the forums a few months ago for making pro-Nazi comments.
you didnt stop taking finasteride before you got children? is it safe?

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He had fairly good coverage but his hair was fairly fine. He wasn't balding though, certainly not. It seems that many politicians have decent hair but the British prime minister sure has a 'doo on him.

ww2 hair edition

mussolini+portrait.jpg

_during_the_second_world_war-_d1973-e1464774280525.jpg

2d8v2_max_512x384_b3535db83dc50e27c1bb1392364c95a2.jpg

Tojo-Hideki.jpg

results:
stalin, de gaulle, hitler, trueman, churchill, tojo mussilini