Would the normal person be able to tell I’m balding from the side?

Liqurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve got the front covered with my jonskywalker coverup game

but if I don’t fix my hair rite the side can

am a Norwood 2.3-2.4

also this was taken after the sauna so I was sweaty

if you seen this would you think I’m balding/would the average person think I’m balding?

Attachments

• 07346301-3FB5-4553-B349-94127DCAA121.jpeg
    07346301-3FB5-4553-B349-94127DCAA121.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

Liqurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another pic when shorter from the side

I either have it sweped a bit to the side or just curl it/bunch it up to mask the Norwood 2.4

my question is from the side can you or any normal person tell I’m balding or hiding something?

I also have to be careful where I place each strand cause sometime it leaves a gap between my side burn and front(when looking at my hair from the side)

Attachments

• D44978B6-D937-4428-B4CA-8955097DC64F.jpeg
    D44978B6-D937-4428-B4CA-8955097DC64F.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 196
  • F1C7608A-7212-4D3F-A9AE-947E918EFC38.jpeg
    F1C7608A-7212-4D3F-A9AE-947E918EFC38.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 195

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Good coverup. Looks fine. Do you paint your nails?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, you can't but I recognize that pattern and texture. It won't be long before you have to worry if you don't take action. I had a period for two years where I wasn't showing baldness but my hair started looking crappy long. When texture becomes rougher and you see what might look like recession, take action. Of course, back in the day, there was no action to take, sigh and all of you young men complain about lack of treatments. We had NOTHING before 1986 when Min came out.

Liqurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, you can't but I recognize that pattern and texture. It won't be long before you have to worry if you don't take action. I had a period for two years where I wasn't showing baldness but my hair started looking crappy long. When texture becomes rougher and you see what might look like recession, take action. Of course, back in the day, there was no action to take, sigh and all of you young men complain about lack of treatments. We had NOTHING before 1986 when Min came out.
You sure? Other people saying I shouldn’t worry

what do you mean you see pattern and texture

also I’m using nizoral but don’t wanna use finasteride yet cause of sides

no baldness on my moms side and my dad Is a Norwood 3.3 at 65 years old

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You sure? Other people saying I shouldn’t worry

what do you mean you see pattern and texture

also I’m using nizoral but don’t wanna use finasteride yet cause of sides

no baldness on my moms side and my dad Is a Norwood 3.3 at 65 years old
My parents have perfect hair in their 80's and it didn't help me. Let me see if I can find an old pic. Okay, this is me at 17. Notice the nice smooth texture of my hair. Shortly after, my hair began looking pretty much identical to yours, not balding yet but the texture lost smoothness and my anagen phase was shorter meaning it began looking crappy long at about the age of 18. Now I am not back to 17 yet but my hair is again below my ears with a much nicer texture and anagen is longer again:

1619796080490.png

Liqurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
My parents have perfect hair in their 80's and it didn't help me. Let me see if I can find an old pic. Okay, this is me at 17. Notice the nice smooth texture of my hair. Shortly after, my hair began looking pretty much identical to yours, not balding yet but the texture lost smoothness and my anagen phase was shorter meaning it began looking crappy long at about the age of 18. Now I am not back to 17 yet but my hair is again below my ears with a much nicer texture and anagen is longer again:

View attachment 161334
Can’t that be cause I just messed it up with my hands/over washed it with shampoos and nizoral?

I nizoral every 3 days and nizoral is known to dry out the hair. Maybe it could be that?

this is my hair when not messed up, does the texture still look bad? I notice nizoral drys my hair and gives it bad texture the day after use

Attachments

• 8046E79D-550B-4900-84EE-80B2CEAB8F47.jpeg
    8046E79D-550B-4900-84EE-80B2CEAB8F47.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 132

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can’t that be cause I just messed it up with my hands/over washed it with shampoos and nizoral?

I nizoral every 3 days and nizoral is known to dry out the hair. Maybe it could be that?

this is my hair when not messed up, does the texture still look bad? I notice nizoral drys my hair and gives it bad texture the day after use
I mean, it's not terrible. Does it grow long as well as it used to? That's a key tell. Not everyone has hair with a smooth texture like I did. Did you say your age? I mean, I am not out to bring you down but you did ask and there can be tell-tale hints that hair loss is coming say to a doctor or someone who notices hairlines but I certainly couldn't articulate it myself as a young man/late teen. I remember going to a movie about surfing at 18 and I wanted to have "surfer hair" but all of a sudden my hair looked crappy long and I wasn't sure why and then two years later, bam! Worst day of my life standing at the mirror with a hand mirror looking at my crown. We had no treatments then but you do have some easy ones like minoxidil 2 percent.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, it's not terrible. Does it grow long as well as it used to? That's a key tell. Not everyone has hair with a smooth texture like I did. Did you say your age? I mean, I am not out to bring you down but you did ask and there can be tell-tale hints that hair loss is coming say to a doctor or someone who notices hairlines but I certainly couldn't articulate it myself as a young man/late teen. I remember going to a movie about surfing at 18 and I wanted to have "surfer hair" but all of a sudden my hair looked crappy long and I wasn't sure why and then two years later, bam! Worst day of my life standing at the mirror with a hand mirror looking at my crown. We had no treatments then but you do have some easy ones like minoxidil 2 percent.
And yes, Nizoral and Keto do strip the hair mostly bare of sebum. I can't use Keto much anymore because it takes my hair two days to recover. Go wash it again with something mild and put some conditioner in and then take some pics from all angles and I will be able to say more. You have options anyway, so cheer up. Min 2 percent is mild and I don't think that it will make you shed like many do on five percent and you can later titrate up to five percent.

Liqurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
And yes, Nizoral and Keto do strip the hair mostly bare of sebum. I can't use Keto much anymore because it takes my hair two days to recover. Go wash it again with something mild and put some conditioner in and then take some pics from all angles and I will be able to say more. You have options anyway, so cheer up. Min 2 percent is mild and I don't think that it will make you shed like many do on five percent and you can later titrate up to five percent.
Can u tell I’m balding from those 2 front pics? I either swing it to the side or mess it up

Attachments

• D40472A2-C2C4-4266-B1A5-8114C35CFC91.png
    D40472A2-C2C4-4266-B1A5-8114C35CFC91.png
    327.8 KB · Views: 107

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can u tell I’m balding from those 2 front pics? I either swing it to the side or mess it up
I only saw one and it was obscured a bit by the stamp info at the bottom but no, that looked pretty darn good with a hairline almost too low.

Liqurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only saw one and it was obscured a bit by the stamp info at the bottom but no, that looked pretty darn good with a hairline almost too low.
This is the other pic I either mess it up or swoop it to the side

Attachments

• B5B15C4B-5D97-43B9-8F39-C3F1A7EFEA8E.jpeg
    B5B15C4B-5D97-43B9-8F39-C3F1A7EFEA8E.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 83

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the other pic I either mess it up or swoop it to the side
It looks fine to me. If you haven't seen any decline in texture, then I declare you to be un-bald. Just keep an eye on it and start using a dandruff shampoo for inflammation and it you want to take action, then use minoxidil 2 percent even if the bottle is pink. Everybody else starts at 5 percent and then they shed because they don't have a tolerance to such a high percent and it works, too good, too fast, which can cause shedding, which is good in the long run but why chance it?

Jake94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You show no signs of recession or balding. The hairs on the side of your head are naturally thinner on most people and isn’t a sign of balding. You’re fine. Keep these photos and take more in a years time and compare. Repeat until you notice change and if you do, simply take treatment. Do it once a year otherwise you’ll drive yourself crazy.

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 161334
Why did the hair texture lose smoothness?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did the hair texture lose smoothness?
With rare exceptions like male movie stars where exceptional hair is almost a requirement (Pitt, Cruise, Dicaprio, Affleck, etc.) all males lose time in the anagen phase and they all see texture changes that are virtually always a negative. The mullet effect is related to both of these things. Tom Selleck is perhaps a good example of having pretty decent hair but still with an adult male texture. XY hair usually becomes coarser and much rougher to the touch than XX hair among whites.

Most guys focus only on hair counts but there are a lot of brillo pad scalps out there that look worse than being bald with no manageability, complete fly-away aspect and poor sheen and texture:

1619885999880.png

Last edited:

Jake94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With rare exceptions like male movie stars where exceptional hair is almost a requirement (Pitt, Cruise, Dicaprio, Affleck, etc.) all males lose time in the anagen phase and they all see texture changes that are virtually always a negative. The mullet effect is related to both of these things. Tom Selleck is perhaps a good example of having pretty decent hair but still with an adult male texture. XY hair usually becomes coarser and much rougher to the touch than XX hair among whites.

Most guys focus only on hair counts but there are a lot of brillo pad scalps out there that look worse than being bald with no manageability, complete fly-away aspect and poor sheen and texture:

View attachment 161438
What do you mean by mullet effect?