Would I Be Wasting My Time By Trying Finasteride 1%. I'm 66 Yers Old.

Blubar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would I be wasting my time and money to try propecia? I am 66 years old and tho it may sound silly I would love to have more hair than I have. Picture enclosed. I also started microrolling and I use minoxidl. Please enlarge the thumbnail to get a better view.

Attachments

• IMG_20171114_182307.jpg
    IMG_20171114_182307.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are 66 and microneedling with minoxidil you are going to have a heart attack. Drop the microneedling. Propecia can't hurt since you probably aren't picking up chicks anymore, i say give it a go and see what happens!
Also you didnt upload your pictures properly.

Blubar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used minoxidil for over 25 years and it has done a very good job at slowing down the hair loss. The last few years tho it seems it has stopped working and my hair is thinning very fast.

Last edited:

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have MORE reason, not less reason to try finasteride (propecia) than a young guy.

At 66 you are almost certainly developing some prostate enlargement. Almost every guy does by your age. Finasteride will help shrink that a bit so you don't get urinary problems. It might even reduce your risk of prostate cancer.

And it's never too late to stop or partially reverse hairloss.

I'd start finasteride and continue topical minoxidil.

It's cheaper if you buy finasteride 5 mg tablets and cut them in quarters to take one quarter a day (1.25 mg per day) which is close enough to the propecia dose.

Keep in mind guys your age taking finasteride for their prostates are taking 5 mg a day.

UncleMort

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, at 66 you have 20 good long years left to live life.

YES do it.

We all want to meet an attractive female if we are not married.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used minoxidil for over 25 years and it has done a very good job at slowing down the hair loss. The last few years tho it seems it has stopped working and my hair is thinning very fast.
Minoxidil has only been on the market for 19 years.

UberBaldaten

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I were you sir, I would snort Finasteride and Dutasteride, and inject minoxidil in vein.

On the serious note, you could try. With microneedling I would be careful if you have blood pressure combined with minoxidil.
Go have an exam with urologist and get rx for finasteride/dutasteride.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I don't understand why you waited until you are 66 to treat your hair loss. You are better off looking into a transplant or hair system.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand why you waited until you are 66 to treat your hair loss...

I can. You panic at 18, try ineffective, ridiculous treatments that today are 50 years old, realize nobody cares or notices except you, never prevented you getting women or dating, try Minoxidil when it comes out, doesn't do sh*t, get married at 30, kids, career, really too busy to notice (or don't care), you are hitting the <50% density landmark, look in mirror realize you don't look so young anymore, say to self, "if I had more hair, it would solve part of that problem". Bottom line is, life can/does go by that fast and no one regardless of their age, doesn't just plain want to look better. Even if it's too late!

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would I be wasting my time and money to try propecia? I am 66 years old and tho it may sound silly I would love to have more hair than I have. Picture enclosed. I also started microrolling and I use minoxidl. Please enlarge the thumbnail to get a better view.

No, you wouldn't be wasting your time. It only takes a few seconds, and it's cheap.

And you would be saving your hair.

It would make you look 65, I think.

Blubar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks you guys for the input. I really appreciate it. Trichosan your wording is perfect and truthful. rclark I had to chuckle at your comment that it might make me look 65 again.