Would A Wig Work For My Balding + Greying ? Age 23

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i feel like my balding is so bad and it's thinning everywhere yet no one has said it's that bad. Can I wear a wig with this and have it not be noticeable or are my sides to messed up ?
IMG_1414.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1413.JPG
    IMG_1413.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_1415.JPG
    IMG_1415.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 467

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol you dont need a wig yet mate

enjoy the hair you got left

your a full head in most peoples eyes
Lol man the last thing I need is waiting until I'm bald to put a wig on. I feel like now is the time to act before it becomes obvious. I'd guess in a year at this rate.

The Baldy Man

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should act by getting on finasteride and minoxidil and saving up for a hair transplant. Dude you still have most of your hair. Fight like Hell to keep it. Wig should be your very last resort, not your first one. Hair systems are what you go to if you are Norwood 7 cueball with no good donor, not if you are just starting to recede. People will detect or find out you wear eventually, it is hard to get a hairpiece that matches your previous hair well enough for people not to detect the change. And people will notice than you are wearing when you have the same style that doesn't move or act like growing hair. Hairlines can be detected with even the best systems. So whether or not you make the transition when you still have hair or wait until you are cueball, it is all the same, eventually you will have to confess you are wearing to family, friends, and romantic partners. Plus hair systems are expensive and after spending thousands of dollars over the years on systems, maintenance, salons, you will still have no hair. You could instead use that money for a transplant and have actual hair growing out of your scalp and avoid the stigma of having to eventually come out as a wig wearer. Choosing to glue a hair yarmulke to your head in lieu of trying to save or restore your own hair in 2017 is ludicrous, we have medications and hair transplants now. There is no feeling like having actual hair growing from your scalp. Try everything before you go the rug route. Even if you keep it a secret and make the system undetectable, you won't be able to trick the one person you actually need to, yourself. You will always know in the back of your mind that you are actually bald and just wearing a hair hat. And one day you will slap yourself for letting yourself go bald and choosing to wear other people's hair. Having actual hair, even thinning, comb-over, transplanted illusion of density hair is better than that. It is better than baldness though, I'll give you that. But like I said hair system should only be for hopeless NW7 cases or Alopecia Universalis. I would only go with hair system if all my options were gone. Hopefully there will be even more options in the future.

Last edited:

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should act by getting on finasteride and minoxidil and saving up for a hair transplant. Dude you still have most of your hair. Fight like Hell to keep it. Wig should be your very last resort, not your first one. Hair systems are what you go to if you are Norwood 7 cueball with no good donor, not if you are just starting to recede. People will detect or find out you wear eventually, it is hard to get a hairpiece that matches your previous hair well enough for people not to detect the change. And people will notice than you are wearing when you have the same style that doesn't move or act like growing hair. Hairlines can be detected with even the best systems. So whether or not you make the transition when you still have hair or wait until you are cueball, it is all the same, eventually you will have to confess you are wearing to family, friends, and romantic partners. Plus hair systems are expensive and after spending thousands of dollars over the years on systems, maintenance, salons, you will still have no hair. You could instead use that money for a transplant and have actual hair growing out of your scalp and avoid the stigma of having to eventually come out as a wig wearer. Choosing to glue a hair yarmulke to your head in lieu of trying to save or restore your own hair in 2017 is ludicrous, we have medications and hair transplants now. There is no feeling like having actual hair growing from your scalp. Try everything before you go the rug route. Even if you keep it a secret and make the system undetectable, you won't be able to trick the one person you actually need to, yourself. You will always know in the back of your mind that you are actually bald and just wearing a hair hat. And one day you will slap yourself for letting yourself go bald and choosing to wear other people's hair. Having actual hair, even thinning, comb-over, transplanted illusion of density hair is better than that. It is better than baldness though, I'll give you that. But like I said hair system should only be for hopeless NW7 cases or Alopecia Universalis. I would only go with hair system if all my options were gone. Hopefully there will be even more options in the future.
The problem is the side effects of finstseride were way to much so I'm pretty left left to bald at this point. It's going so fast I'm just unsure what to do since finasteride is not an option.

Noah

Reaction score
You certainly don't need a full system. Your hair generally looks pretty stylish to me, and your sides are 100% intact as far as I can see. But if the recession is bothering you, you could try a small front partial just to lower your hairline back to where it was. I have seen that a few times working very well.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You certainly don't need a full system. Your hair generally looks pretty stylish to me, and your sides are 100% intact as far as I can see. But if the recession is bothering you, you could try a small front partial just to lower your hairline back to where it was. I have seen that a few times working very well.
Buy a stock piece and cut?

Noah

Reaction score
That would be the most economical way, though you will only get one graduated-density hairline per piece. You could also have the partial pieces custom-made, but that would be much more expensive. I would suggest cutting them out of a stock piece, at least at the start.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That would be the most economical way, though you will only get one graduated-density hairline per piece. You could also have the partial pieces custom-made, but that would be much more expensive. I would suggest cutting them out of a stock piece, at least at the start.
thank you Noah. I think I might put an order in at northwest lace. French lace correct ?

shookwun

Reaction score
Mate, you don't need a wig.

Enjoy your hair while you still have it.

Take finasteride and maintain. Fight while you still can.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate, you don't need a wig.

Enjoy your hair while you still have it.

Take finasteride and maintain. Fight while you still can.
Wish I could handle finasteride. That's why I'm freaking out man. Can't do treatments aside from minoxidil but it was messing my face up. I was using high doses though so I might try lower and not going to bed right away.