Would A Wig Work For My Balding + Greying ? Age 23 | HairLossTalk Forums

Would A Wig Work For My Balding + Greying ? Age 23

Discussion in 'Hair Replacement Systems and Hair Pieces for Men' started by Christoppp, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Christoppp

Christoppp Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    i feel like my balding is so bad and it's thinning everywhere yet no one has said it's that bad. Can I wear a wig with this and have it not be noticeable or are my sides to messed up ? IMG_1414.JPG

Attached Files:

2. sunchyme1

sunchyme1 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    lol you dont need a wig yet mate

enjoy the hair you got left

your a full head in most peoples eyes

3. Christoppp

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Lol man the last thing I need is waiting until I'm bald to put a wig on. I feel like now is the time to act before it becomes obvious. I'd guess in a year at this rate.

4. mdmnota

mdmnota Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yes it is, if you want it, this is the time. But be open to people about it.

Christoppp likes this.
  5. The Baldy Man

The Baldy Man Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You should act by getting on finasteride and minoxidil and saving up for a hair transplant. Dude you still have most of your hair. Fight like Hell to keep it. Wig should be your very last resort, not your first one. Hair systems are what you go to if you are Norwood 7 cueball with no good donor, not if you are just starting to recede. People will detect or find out you wear eventually, it is hard to get a hairpiece that matches your previous hair well enough for people not to detect the change. And people will notice than you are wearing when you have the same style that doesn't move or act like growing hair. Hairlines can be detected with even the best systems. So whether or not you make the transition when you still have hair or wait until you are cueball, it is all the same, eventually you will have to confess you are wearing to family, friends, and romantic partners. Plus hair systems are expensive and after spending thousands of dollars over the years on systems, maintenance, salons, you will still have no hair. You could instead use that money for a transplant and have actual hair growing out of your scalp and avoid the stigma of having to eventually come out as a wig wearer. Choosing to glue a hair yarmulke to your head in lieu of trying to save or restore your own hair in 2017 is ludicrous, we have medications and hair transplants now. There is no feeling like having actual hair growing from your scalp. Try everything before you go the rug route. Even if you keep it a secret and make the system undetectable, you won't be able to trick the one person you actually need to, yourself. You will always know in the back of your mind that you are actually bald and just wearing a hair hat. And one day you will slap yourself for letting yourself go bald and choosing to wear other people's hair. Having actual hair, even thinning, comb-over, transplanted illusion of density hair is better than that. It is better than baldness though, I'll give you that. But like I said hair system should only be for hopeless NW7 cases or Alopecia Universalis. I would only go with hair system if all my options were gone. Hopefully there will be even more options in the future.

#5 The Baldy Man, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    Exodus2011 and Christoppp like this.
  6. Christoppp

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The problem is the side effects of finstseride were way to much so I'm pretty left left to bald at this point. It's going so fast I'm just unsure what to do since finasteride is not an option.

7. Noah

Noah Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    You certainly don't need a full system. Your hair generally looks pretty stylish to me, and your sides are 100% intact as far as I can see. But if the recession is bothering you, you could try a small front partial just to lower your hairline back to where it was. I have seen that a few times working very well.

Christoppp likes this.
  8. Christoppp

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Buy a stock piece and cut?

9. Noah

Noah Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    That would be the most economical way, though you will only get one graduated-density hairline per piece. You could also have the partial pieces custom-made, but that would be much more expensive. I would suggest cutting them out of a stock piece, at least at the start.

10. Christoppp

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    thank you Noah. I think I might put an order in at northwest lace. French lace correct ?

11. Noah

Noah Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    French or Swiss lace; both fine.

Christoppp likes this.
  12. shookwun

shookwun Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Mate, you don't need a wig.

Enjoy your hair while you still have it.

Take finasteride and maintain. Fight while you still can.

Christoppp and Swiss_Tampons like this.
  13. Christoppp

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Wish I could handle finasteride. That's why I'm freaking out man. Can't do treatments aside from minoxidil but it was messing my face up. I was using high doses though so I might try lower and not going to bed right away.

14. minos2026

minos2026 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    your head looks good to me, kind of interesting look

15. Christoppp

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yea I think it looks odd man. Idk what I'm going to do. Some wigs look so real it seems