Working out with a thin skin poly system?

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was just watching this video on working out with a hair system and they say it's not advised to work out with a UTS.

Now I knew that because thin skins are not breathable so it will probably cause overheating...but they also said it's *doable*. I think I remember some people mentioning it here as well so my question is for those who work out with a UTS...what steps do you take? Don't you deal with overheating from the sweat?

Thanks in advance.

jeepwrangler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's definitely doable but if you're doing high-intensity workouts, the bond/tape will breakdown sooner. So just expect re-dos more often.

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's definitely doable but if you're doing high-intensity workouts, the bond/tape will breakdown sooner. So just expect re-dos more often.

I see but I'm worried more about the overheating aspect. Have you experienced it if you've used one?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I wear a cap when I exercise. That's a baseball cap not a wig cap like the video suggested. It does feel hot sometimes and sometimes extremely hot, but it's manageable. Later on I definitely expect to get a lift somewhere, but that can easily be handled. One advantage is that you should be able to remove it without using any solvent if you want to (!). I use Ghostbond XL and even a bit of sweat really seems to break it down. If I do a full on high sweat high intensity workout I would be worried that it wouldn't stay on when I remove my baseball cap. Also I don't use scalp protector.

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I work out with my .08 poly piece and it gets quite hot if I do a full workout. UTS might get hot too as it does not allow the scalp to breathe. Lace would be best for working out, but cleaning is a nightmare for me. The dilemma is real. Is there any gym only for people wearing hair systems or such ? It can be a good business model I think.

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wear a cap when I exercise. That's a baseball cap not a wig cap like the video suggested. It does feel hot sometimes and sometimes extremely hot, but it's manageable. Later on I definitely expect to get a lift somewhere, but that can easily be handled. One advantage is that you should be able to remove it without using any solvent if you want to (!). I use Ghostbond XL and even a bit of sweat really seems to break it down. If I do a full on high sweat high intensity workout I would be worried that it wouldn't stay on when I remove my baseball cap. Also I don't use scalp protector.

That's very helpful. Thanks for the info!

Faconable

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel these ppl attach their system a scotch or something .
I workout 4 times a week wearing a thin skin unit and never had an issue ( ghost bond ) .
oh and I live in Dubai too

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I workout 4 times a week wearing a thin skin unit and never had an issue ( ghost bond ) .
I get DRENCHED in sweat when I work out, like totally soaked. Could I still use a system when I train?

Faconable

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get DRENCHED in sweat when I work out, like totally soaked. Could I still use a system when I train?
Sure ! Just make sure when u install the system to put an extra layer of adhesive or ghost bond and wait till it dries .

aqeel6600

My Regimen
Reaction score
My method for combating this is to allow for breathing areas in the system, so I don't do full circular tape/glue that would trap all the sweat underneath the system and the sweat and heat can seep through the back and the sides. I also use these holes to 'flush' my system after a very hard workout to get rid of the smell and the itchiness that would develop later on.

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wow. But surely you're in a cool workout room? Unless you're working out in the open?

njtimer

Reaction score
My method for combating this is to allow for breathing areas in the system, so I don't do full circular tape/glue that would trap all the sweat underneath the system and the sweat and heat can seep through the back and the sides. I also use these holes to 'flush' my system after a very hard workout to get rid of the smell and the itchiness that would develop later on.
By flushing, you mean leaving those areas open to let water in to cool/cleanse the top of your head off? No issue with water staying trapped or taking a while to dry etc?

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I work out with my .08 poly piece and it gets quite hot if I do a full workout. UTS might get hot too as it does not allow the scalp to breathe. Lace would be best for working out, but cleaning is a nightmare for me. The dilemma is real. Is there any gym only for people wearing hair systems or such ? It can be a good business model I think.

This is why I think lace center and poly border is ideal... but doesn't seem like a popular system

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rofl, have you noted how few ppl are on these forums?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure ! Just make sure when u install the system to put an extra layer of adhesive or ghost bond and wait till it dries .
You're on UTS I assume? Do you do a full head bond w Ghostbond?

Do you use scalp protector & how many layers do you use?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why I think lace center and poly border is ideal... but doesn't seem like a popul
I have tried this method and it makes sense, but doesn't sweat + adhesive cause whatever that's "flushed" out to be a gooey adhesive/sweat mixture?

aqeel6600

My Regimen
Reaction score
By flushing, you mean leaving those areas open to let water in to cool/cleanse the top of your head off? No issue with water staying trapped or taking a while to dry etc?
There is an inlet and multiple outlets on the sides, there is some water that gets trapped by can easily be removed by pressing on the system

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is an inlet and multiple outlets on the sides, there is some water that gets trapped by can easily be removed by pressing on the system
What do you use for adhesive & doesn't the sweat, combined w/ adhesive, cause something nasty to flush out?

aqeel6600

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you use for adhesive & doesn't the sweat, combined w/ adhesive, cause something nasty to flush out?
I’m currently trying out multiple ones, from supertape to walker ultrahold, sometimes I would use weaker tapes like sensi-tak on the center, and I use glue on the front.

Cleaning out the nasty is the point of it all, trapped skin oil and sweat causes me a severe itching and the smell is awful.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m currently trying out multiple ones, from supertape to walker ultrahold, sometimes I would use weaker tapes like sensi-tak on the center, and I use glue on the front.

Cleaning out the nasty is the point of it all, trapped skin oil and sweat causes me a severe itching and the smell is awful.
What type of base are you using?

I get leaving gaps, outs but what exactly do you mean by inlets?