Working on perfecting my digestive system :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
Yeah I know that sometimes someone might become sensitive to something for an unknown reason (of course, that means there still IS a reason, we just don't know it at the time).

However, in my case where my health took a nosedive at the same time regardless of my dietary habits, it made me conclude that something inside my digestive tract had changed, causing this domino effect of symptoms, hair loss being one of them.

It's always hard to tell for sure, but I think I'm getting closer :)

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
it made me conclude that something inside my digestive tract had changed, causing this domino effect of symptoms, hair loss being one of them.

is ur hairloss occuring all over head?, or just in male pattern baldness areas. If it was because of diet shouldn't it occurr all over?

are u shedding?

because i never ever shedded much apart from the odd hair once in a while, yet ive still receded in male pattern baldness fashion.

Hoppi

Reaction score
It's definitely hormonally triggered, it's not due to malnutrition or anything like that. It was sudden and diffuse, but across the male pattern baldness pattern primarily, as my body hair increased.

But you see my point that all that means is there was some kind of increase in androgenic activity in my body. It doesn't specify the reason, only that it happened.

The reason is what I am working to determine :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
And wow.. I kinda really match a lot of symptoms of leaky gut. And leaky gut is very often caused by candida.

I am going to look into this intensely. I don't want to make a big fuss yet again as I know I do this every time. But one of these times... it will be right :)

Candida / leaky gut would explain a lot of male pattern baldness quite well I think, possibly even better than fatty liver and definitely better than parasites or bacterial infections.

Here's hopin' :)

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
And wow.. I kinda really match a lot of symptoms of leaky gut. And leaky gut is very often caused by candida.

I am going to look into this intensely. I don't want to make a big fuss yet again as I know I do this every time. But one of these times... it will be right :)

Candida / leaky gut would explain a lot of male pattern baldness quite well I think, possibly even better than fatty liver and definitely better than parasites or bacterial infections.

If you have thinning at the hairloss and crown, there is no way it is related to a these other things you are talking about. Thats just classic male pattern baldness doing its thing...

You think you have such a terrible unhealthy body that it is triggering totally normal male pattern baldness, but its not male pattern baldness its some effect of an illness? I mean I grew more body hair, seemingly suddenly, in my mid to late 20s. Im 29 now...I assure hair becoming more sensitive to androgens and falling out, and body hair growing in thicker, is totally normal. Hell I even remember comedian Jeremy Hotz doing a bit on exactly that. Also who diagnosed you with "thin skin"? Skin also will have a less elastic, "thinner" look with age. By the time you are in your mid 20s, you no longer have as much of a plump, thick look to your skin as when you get a bit older.

Through my perspective it seems like you are going through totally normal changes and you are making all these wacky links.

I do sympathize if you are having real health problems however, I try to eat and drink only organic, pesticide/hormone/antibiotic free, I think some of the stuff they put in food can certainyl cause sensitivity..I also use a reverse osmosis filter for the water.

Hoppi

Reaction score
G k said:
Hoppi said:

If you have thinning at the hairloss and crown, there is no way it is related to a these other things you are talking about. Thats just classic male pattern baldness doing its thing...

You think you have such a terrible unhealthy body that it is triggering totally normal male pattern baldness, but its not male pattern baldness its some effect of an illness? I mean I grew more body hair, seemingly suddenly, in my mid to late 20s. Im 29 now...I assure hair becoming more sensitive to androgens and falling out, and body hair growing in thicker, is totally normal. Hell I even remember comedian Jeremy Hotz doing a bit on exactly that. Also who diagnosed you with "thin skin"? Skin also will have a less elastic, "thinner" look with age. By the time you are in your mid 20s, you no longer have as much of a plump, thick look to your skin as when you get a bit older.

Through my perspective it seems like you are going through totally normal changes and you are making all these wacky links.

I do sympathize if you are having real health problems however, I try to eat and drink only organic, pesticide/hormone/antibiotic free, I think some of the stuff they put in food can certainyl cause sensitivity..I also use a reverse osmosis filter for the water.

I just don't believe that it's sheer coincidence that within a month of my digestive problems starting, my skin and hair goes down the pan, and there is no link whatsoever. It's just not true is it? I would be lying to myself if I tried to pretend it was, and I know that.

Male pattern baldness can be caused by an imbalance of sex hormones, and that can be due to a struggling liver (the latter two points at least are proven in studies).

Why do people have such a hard time grasping the fact that if you increase androgens in the body (due to things like a struggling liver or other causes of hormonal imbalance), they will have a greater effect? Why is that so difficult to wrap heads around? It's seems like an incredibly natural and obvious conclusion to me, I can see no alternative when (surplus) androgens are increased.

And the liver (and kidneys too, but I'm unsure of their role in all this) become weakened with age, principally due to fat and the gradual worsening of the GI tract.

It's really a very, very simple premise, and although it may not explain androgenetic hair loss in absolutely everyone, I fail to see how the logic is not undeniable and really quite obvious.

Hoppi :)

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
when u blamed ur liver, i said get a liver function test!

when u blamed parasites, i said take samples to a pathologist

now that ur saying its androgen imbalance (and yes, i know u thought parasites and liver problems were causing androgen imbalance)
so i say get ur hormone levels checked.

these things are easy to prove or disprove with simple medical tests, and youd save alot of time, money, and arguments, by getting legitimate testing done, instead of reading curezone, and making assumptions. Not to mention youd save ur body alot of potential damage.

Hoppi

Reaction score
don't worry I'm fine :)

Got this one in the baaaag! ^_^

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
anxious1 whats that in your avatar pic??

Hoppi

Reaction score
God sorry to post again but I'm so damn buzzed about this! hehe :)

I'm going full swing repairing my gut wall and killing candida and bacteria :)

I've got colloidal silver, colostrum, l-glutamine and probiotics all pretty intensely strong, and I've got oxy-powder on stand-by.

I can't wait to see what this does for my intestinal health! ^_^

Hoppi

Reaction score
Also sorry as one last thing, if this IS right, do you have any idea how damn complex this ended up being? xD

Stress and bad lifestyle lead to candida overgrowth and weakening gut wall which leads to leaky gut which leads to a rapid increase in toxins which leads to a struggling liver, which leads to inadequate removal of androgens from the blood stream which leads to increased androgenic stimuli for hair follicles all over the body which leads to androgenetic alopecia.

Holy f***. I need a lie down xD

I also find it so fascinating that leaky gut is connected to autoimmune reactions like multiple sclerosis. And why? Because the body simply cannot handle all those toxins and bacteria and stuff that's now being released from the more permeable gut wall, and it freaks out and just attacks everything. And that's why you get autoimmune conditions in many people, and that's why "IBS" seems to underpin everything. Make sense? :)

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
anxious1 whats that in your avatar pic??

well, its something defending (wrapping flippers around it)itself against a shark

to me it looks like a dugon, which is an mammal from the same family as the manatee, but it also could be an elephant seal, im not sure exactly.

perhaps u could tell me wat it is?

LetsBeFriends.jpg

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
Well Hoppi, deep down inside I know you know the truth. male pattern baldness is taking its course, and there is nothing you can do other than use the meager tools we have to combat this.

You are at war with your body because of male pattern baldness, you do not realize it.

The awareness will emerge as you get older, you will accept it. You are not on to anything, you are just letting your mind play tricks on itself. Sorry man. There is only one reason for frontal and crown thinning....And its a perfectly healthy reason.

Hoppi

Reaction score
lol fair enough I can see we are never, ever going to see eye-to-eye on this. I'm fairly sure that the reason this happens (complete and utter disagreements on the causes behind androgenetic alopecia) is because it's quite often different for different people. Some people get it straight away at 18, others it accompanies health issues, others it happens slowly with age, etc. And that's why we'll never see things through each other's eyes.

I frequent another forum where TONS of people (claim to have) reversed male pattern baldness by tackling underlying health issues. I have seen or heard from many people who have totally reversed their loss (or similar degrees of success) without touching any kind of "treatment". But maybe you think that they're all liers, or all delusional, and there's nothing I can do to change your mind on that, I know that.

What I will do however is this. I will try my very, very hardest to join their numbers in success :) Then, should I do it - say by fixing leaky gut or candida overgrowth and consequential high toxins - I will post pictures of my hair in detail and then further pictures as it regrows, and say exactly what I did to achieve it. And if you still don't believe me/us then, then it is surely you who must be in denial.

Hoppi :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Hoppi..please don't start with this "TONS of people" nonsense..again. Whenever it gets asked over there for those with such results...the threads are either very short or filled with arguing about asking for proof.

We've been through this...this isn't Groundhogs Day :whistle:

Hoppi

Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
anxious1 said:
actually im pretty sure its a dugon.

dugon.jpg

Looks like a fluke to me! Whatcha think Hoppi? :)

haha wow man - no wonder they're harming my liver!! ^^

and yeah I'll be in contact :)

EDIT -- Oh and for the record no I don't believe I have flukes anymore, and probably not tapeworms either! But hey I mean, you have to be wrong a "few" times on the way! xD

Actually for my own entertainment I might list all the theories I've been through (in no strict order) *ahem*:

Low SHBG, hypothyroidism, enlarged prostate, estradiol, AR upregulation, thinning collagen, increased sebum, "just the way it is", seborrheic dermatitis, celiac, egg intolerance, liver toxicity, fatty liver, liver bacteria, liver parasites, intestinal parasites, candida/yeast, and leaky gut. lol

But IMO I've been getting better and more knowledgeable with each new one I come up with (they're nearly all built on the last)! And I truly believe that as long as I stay focussed and don't give up, I'll get there in the end :) And it will feel BRILLIANT when I do :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
Jacob said:
And yeah..there he is again pushing that forum. Clever. :punk:

lol yeah "pushing that forum" quietly by PM to someone who specifically asked me, and despite the fact I don't actually go on there as much anymore... (long live CZ!! ^_^ )